Sign in to follow this  
ball junkie

Poop Happens! Dwight openly questions Gundy's decisions(Denton)

quote:
Originally posted by Jareth Cutestory:

quote:
Originally posted by fan for too long:

Why fear for Stan. You should cheer for Stan to get canned as he coaches these incredible collapses. Courtney Lee only 11 minutes and never seeing Gortat and Howard on the floor together should be reason enough to fire Stan.

You're a fool. Yes, I openly stated that. If you truly believe that, you deserve to have that label.

Stan goofed up bad last night. Starting J.J., not giving minutes to Courtney, taking out hot units, not coming up with a better offensive scheme in the final minutes, etc. But for people to call for him to be fired is insane.

Consider what this man works with everynight. Do you think half the coaches in the league could take a team to 59 wins with Tony Battie, Jeremy Richardson, Adonal Foyle, etc. sitting on the bench, and Rafer Alston replacing Jameer Nelson who wasn't an All-Star before this season?

Or how about having a SF play the 4? Or a superstar center who still doesn't have much of an offensive set and is a horrible FT shooter on any given night. Or a inconsistent and sometimes downright awful SF who chucks up horrible shots. Or never having a legit scoring SG to use to take over games?

This man deserves our support through the good times and the bad. He IS the best coach the Magic have ever had here. Give it a rest. He makes mistakes. He's human. He may cost us this series. But in no way shape or form does he deserve to be fired after this season. The good outweighs the bad.

courtney looked a step slow last night, thats probably why he only played 11 minutes! i dont know if he has a bug or something, but it was evident to me watching him chase house that he wasnt on last night.

i saw too much shard-turk in the final minute or two of the game. there was zero ball movement, and we had open players(alston, redick) on the wing and yet howard-turk-shard just looked at eachother in some weird forced triangle thing that was really easy to defend. if redick is going to put himself out of the play, he should atleast run around all the people that were standing around and get some screens, get open perhaps? or atleast get in play for the offensive rebound. this game was frustrating to me, but i still dont think boston is "better" than orlando. so i think orlando can and will still pull out this series.

as far as svg goes, his substitutions sometimes really throw me off. thats all i have to say about that. i think our last two losses come down to execution on the floor, not the coach.

quote:
Originally Posted by Smackdaddy:

DWIGHT HAD 4PTS AND 3REB IN THE SECOND HALF DUE TO POUTING ABOUT NOT GETTING TOUCHES WHILE HE WAS IN THE GAME.

Man up and quit acting like a little girl when you don't get touches Dwight, otherwise we'll have two players in the NBA sharing the nickname Big Baby.

quote:
Originally Posted by Jareth Cutestory:

Dwight's defensive game was non existent in the 4th. That is for sure. I'm not blaming him for the loss, but complaining DURING the game and losing focus certainly didn't help us try to achieve a win.

Oh, so true. . .so true!

And don't forget about the number of times when Dwight's teammates threw the ball to him in the post, it got stripped mostly by Perkins and sometimes by a triple team by the Celtics.

There were also times when the ball went right through Dwight's hands.

Note: I'm not saying that the loss is solely Dwight's fault. But Dwight should shoulder some of the responsibility for the loss and not make excuses.

I am very disappointed with Dwight. Not about what he said last night, because even though his comments last night weren't smart, they are expected after a tough, frustrating loss like that.

However, I'm really upset about his overall lack of improvement in his game. He consistently talks about wanting to be one of the best players to play the game, but he obviously believes that his natural athletic gifts will take him there. This is his 5th year in the league, and he still is almost as raw on the offensive end as he was when he was 18. Yes, he has developed a hook shot around the basket with either hand, but its taken him 4 years to learn how to shoot it, and its still to inconsistent to fully depend on. What I don't understand is how he still has no face up game to speak off, and can't even make a 6-10 ft. jumpshot. Generally speaking, as a professional basketball player making millions of dollars, his sole responsibility to practice basketball. For gods sakes, Kendrick Perkins can make jumpshots and Dwight can't. Glen Davis has obviously spent a considerable amount of time practicing that jumpshot of his, and it shows. Both of these guys are less talented, coordinated, and naturally gifted than Dwight, yet they clearly outwork him in the offseason.

Dwight still does not seem to understand or is not serious about the fact that his offensive game still has major limitations and that there is no way that his teamates and coaches can depend on him to in crunch time. I'm not just talking about his inablility to hit a jumpshot, but also his careless turnovers, and horrible shot selection. This series has really exposed the fact that Dwight has absolutely no offensive game when he can't overpower his man and get deep low post position. His style of play right now implies that he wants to play like Shaq, but Shaq outweighed anybody guarding him by 60 pounds at least, and could never be pushed away from the basket like Perkins is able to do to Dwight. My point is that Dwight either needs come back next year with some sort of reliable face up game that keeps his opponents on their heels, or gain another 35 to 40 pounds. Dwight might be stronger than most, but Perkins and a lot of other NBA centers weigh just as much as him, and if they can push Dwight away from his comfort zones, he will keep chucking up foul line hook shots that have lttle chance of going in.

I'm not trying to hate on Dwight, and I realize that even with his limitations he is still the best at his position in the NBA, but if he wants to lead this team to a title and be the best, then its on him to improve every year. These playoff battles should be an eye opening experience for him that will make him realize that its time to get serious about his game in order meet his and everybody else's expectations. He's still very young, but its about time for him to step up and work hard at his game in the offseason. Hopefully, last night's heartbreaker provides the motivation.

I agree with all posts. Howard didn't look good last night, and it wasn't because he didn't get the ball. I don't think Howard is ready to be the "go-to" guy. His offensive moves are too predictable. Perkins had his number last night. He needs to focus on defense and stop whining like a kid. The game loss wasn't all his fault, of course, but his play and attitude sets the tone for other players.

quote:
Originally posted by Levation1331:

These playoff battles should be an eye opening experience for him that will make him realize that its time to get serious about his game in order meet his and everybody else's expectations. He's still very young, but its about time for him to step up and work hard at his game in the offseason. Hopefully, last night's heartbreaker provides the motivation.

There's little chance of this happening. Isn't he suppose to make a movie this summer?

I feel it was more a mix of Dwight pulling a Hedo with the ball control on top of him being offensively dead, and SVG not doing effective rotations.

I mean honestly, did ANYONE watch the first three quarters and see Shard just take over? On top his ability to post up, he has at least a decent IQ of the shot he's taking.

And I am not even a JJ fan, but I think he does an amazing job of ball control and threading the passes through to Dwight and Shard MUCH more than I have seen in the past with anyone else. That is, obviously in that 4th quarter, no one had great ball handling on our side.

But does anyone else think to an extent, using Dwight as that drawing of defenders and having Shard do his thing is very effective? Why not just keep feeding the ball to the ones who have been consistent? Fewer moving parts, fewer broken pieces.

well anytime you pass the ball to dwight more often than not he either gets stripped of the ball or chucks up a terrible hook shot, so passing the ball to dwight might not always be a good idea, if knew what pass was maybe it might help to give him the ball down low.

Dwight needs more touches? Similar problem for a while now and frankly its about time something changes. I read the quotes and I don't think that Dwight is bashin SVG or saying anything really negative. Buddy just wants to win and us chuckin up jumpers wasn't the best way to do it. Take this concentration and frustration to the court thursday because I want a game 7

If I am Stan I force feed Dwight on every possession until he cries uncle or he blows out the Celtics all by himself.

BTW how many hook shots did Dwight miss last night? I will give you a hint...EVERY ONE HE TOOK.

Lee may have looked slow, but 11 minutes isn't enough time to even get into the game...let alone get warmed up to play tag with house or allen.

no reason he should have lost his starting spot once healthy, yet it appears he has.

Junkie, I watched the game and it looked like SVG yanked him a couple times when he, (Clee) made defensive errors, he a couple times he didn't switch with Peitrus and stayed on ball once giving ray allen an open 3 which missed and then later the same thing not switching and giving starberry open 3 which he drained, after that one the cameras showed air france barking at C lee and then shortly after SVG yanking him. To be honest though when I read this article I initially thought Dwight was talking about Clee needing more burn too, or leave him in even if he made a mistake, let him get in rhythm. Lee looked on stride in the offense when he was in though. To be honest though JJ smothered Ray allen on defensive side all night, the one he made late was as open as allen was all night.