Sign in to follow this  
ball junkie

With Lee injured, J.J. is ready to take charge as Magic's starting "2" guard(link)

quote:
Originally posted by ThisIsTheYear:

JJ defends the Allen/Gordon/Hamilton players of the NBA much better than anyone on our team because he's so accustomed to playing like them. He knows how to fight through screens and has the stamina needed to keep up with them, and hopefully make them work as well on the other end.

Exactly. The one time I'm yelling, "Put in JJ," is when we can't stop a shooter.

There's no doubt that Courtney will return to his starting position. To even bring up such a question is ridiculous. I think Stan is sleeping a little better knowing that he has players to count on (to include JJ) when the chips are down. We're going into round 2 where anything can happen and the Magic have some confidence and momentum built. Don't let anyone rain on their parade.

jackl...we are 2 days post game 6 win and still celebrating! You got baited! Read it for what it is! Two 76ers to include Andre Miller didn't bother to show up for the final team meeting. Sourgrapes if you ask me. The Philadelphia Inquirer posted comments from Igudala and he stated there was turmoil within the team. They were their own worst enemy. They have to blame somebody and stir the pot. Anything they say from here out should taken with a grain of salt.

quote:
Originally posted by ThisIsTheYear:

JJ defends the Allen/Gordon/Hamilton players of the NBA much better than anyone on our team because he's so accustomed to playing like them. He knows how to fight through screens and has the stamina needed to keep up with them, and hopefully make them work as well on the other end.

I agree JJ has played Allen well & done a respectable job on Rip, the problem is he's been non-existant offensively against these same opponents, and I think Gordon is a different kind of player all together.

J.J's going to have to play like what everyone thought he'd be doing in the league a few years in..If he leaves it all out on the court, I think we will be alright..I believe us in 6 against either or.

There is no way in hell we can start JJ on Ray. Ray will work him like a slave boy. If SVG would ever actually make adjustments and smarten up, he will start MP on Ray, that way we can actually match up and JJ will be far more effective coming off the bench against Boston's 2 guard scrubs in House and shwillberry who can't defend worth a **** and are much more manageable on D for JJ then the ridiculous mismatch on Ray.

quote:
Originally posted by Natmayo:

With Courtney injured, I dont see the big rush to get him back in there if he cant give it his best.

I thought JJ played well in game 6, and I think hes equipped to do the job in Lees absence.

We all talk about the Nelson/Alston option for next year. I think with some playoff seasoning and some confidence, Lee/Redick could be a good match up for us as well. We all know JJ can shoot with the best of them, and I think JJ has improved his defense leaps and bounds from the past.

Our backcourt could be very deadly next year.

Once in a while, JJ CAN shoot with the best of them, but in the regular season he only shot .374 from the 3 point line, and that is supposed to be his specialty. I'm glad he had a big game in Chicago, but one game does not make him the great shooter that we thought we were getting when we drafted him as a lottery pick. I hope he proves me wrong.

Lee is great on both ends and we need him back as soon as possible. He has already proven his worth and consistency. This is the playoffs, where there isn't time for patience.

quote:
Originally posted by Da_Coach:

There is no way in hell we can start JJ on Ray. Ray will work him like a slave boy. If SVG would ever actually make adjustments and smarten up, he will start MP on Ray, that way we can actually match up and JJ will be far more effective coming off the bench against Boston's 2 guard scrubs in House and shwillberry who can't defend worth a **** and are much more manageable on D for JJ then the ridiculous mismatch on Ray.

Then who will score points, because Pietrus has a problem doing that. Yes he scored some points against the 76ers, but that was only when the bench players were put into the game when Philly knew the game was over.

Plus the last time Redick defended Allen, Allen only got off one three point attempt that he didn't make.

I though I should mention that since you seem to have forgotten that.

Here is a link to a feature on JJ from NBA.com:

http://www.nba.com/2009/playof...ure.ap.ap/index.html

"I just want some creativity, that's all I want," Redick said Saturday. "I haven't heard creative things since college. Like really, I don't know if it's the alcohol consumption at NBA games, but there's nothing remotely creative or funny ever said to me. It's boring. I'm so conditioned to it now."

JJ is calling for it. Let's see if he can perform, because I'm sure he'll hear it.

quote:
Originally posted by PEC:

quote:
Originally posted by Da_Coach:

Then who will score points, because Pietrus has a problem doing that. Yes he scored some points against the 76ers, but that was only when the bench players were put into the game when Philly knew the game was over.

Plus the last time Redick defended Allen, Allen only got off one three point attempt that he didn't make.

I though I should mention that since you seem to have forgotten that.

JJ did a solid job on Allen during the regular season, but his offense was MIA.

Checking Allen in the playoffs will be a different test and he needs to show up offensively.

JJ Redick fits the pick and roll game pretty good. That is just about where he will see the best of his game in these series in my opinion. While he may provide an offensive spark from behind the 3 point line, this team is going to miss the defense and hussle of Courtney Lee. Personally, I think JJ has improved the way he plays defense and he will do just fine.

quote:
Originally posted by ALPHA OMEGA theEND forOtis:

JJ Redick fits the pick and roll game pretty good. That is just about where he will see the best of his game in these series in my opinion. While he may provide an offensive spark from behind the 3 point line, this team is going to miss the defense and hussle of Courtney Lee. Personally, I think JJ has improved the way he plays defense and he will do just fine.

Nothing related to your post, but are you planning to murder Otis Smith or something?