Sign in to follow this  
30Assists

Magic Sign Jason Maxiell

Smells like a Scott Perry move. Otis had his love affair with ex-Warriors, Perry has his with ex-Pistons.

If BB is to be traded what would you want in return?

I think it won't be easy getting much, since only competing teams would probably be interested and most of those teams are either set or have nothing to offer for him. I for one would not be against a trade with the clips where we could ask for Bullock in return maybe some picks altho im pretty sure the clips are out of them, maybe involve another team and get a young pg or big men. I say the clips cause they are the most desperate for frontcourt help since its pretty much Jordan and Griffin thats it. As far as Bullock, this kid really impressed me with his potential, and I can't say no to a good defender who is a pure shooter which we desperately need.

Smells like a Scott Perry move. Otis had his love affair with ex-Warriors, Perry has his with ex-Pistons.

As long as he doesnt go overboard like Otis did... Im good with it.

Former Warriors who went Magic:

• Matt Barnes
  • Adonal Foyle
  • Mikael Pietrus
  • Jason Richardson
  • Gilbert Arenas

I dont think I missed anyone... did I?

Welcome onboard Jason.

Character, work ethic and the sorts is all we need right now.

GM knows what he's doing, so play on.

I think Maxiell is a good role player off the bench, and that's the exact reason I don't like the move. No he's not going to win us 10 more games by himself but he's another vet player to add to the roster. I just think we can scratch off Wiggins/Parker.

I think Maxiell is a good role player off the bench, and that's the exact reason I don't like the move. No he's not going to win us 10 more games by himself but he's another vet player to add to the roster. I just think we can scratch off Wiggins/Parker.

Assuming Al and Hedo are gone, we now have just 5 veterans on the team. Everyone else is either in their 3rd/2nd year except Oladipo. You can't have a team with no veterans, and a majority of our team is still very young. Plus Hennigan definitely seems smart enough that if we're winning too much come trade deadline, I don't think he'll hesitate to trade Afflalo/Big Baby. Just seems to me since Rob took over, the 2014 draft has always been the main target with ample cap space to support the incoming star.

I like this signing. It says to me one of two things:

1. Baby is getting traded soon

or

2. Baby will be out a long time and Henny wants a nasty vet to bang against Vooch in practice

I'm not worried about being "too good" with Maxiell. Henny knows what he's doing.

As long as he doesnt go overboard like Otis did... Im good with it.

Former Warriors who went Magic:

• Matt Barnes
  • Adonal Foyle
  • Mikael Pietrus
  • Jason Richardson
  • Gilbert Arenas

I dont think I missed anyone... did I?

Harrington played for the Warriors, but Hennigan brought him in so I guess he doesn't count.

As for Maxiell, I expect him to be Vucevic's backup unless O'Quinn takes a strong hold on the position. Cheap vet depth isn't a bad thing.