Sign in to follow this  
jack daniel 999

FANS GAME THREAD***MAGIC vs MAVERICKS...We Lose...103-98

Well after the romping the Spurs gave us, I expect the Mavs to be no different, they will kick our ***, and we will probally use the same exact gameplan tonight as we did yesterday an the day before, an probally use it on Monday to......

I got Mavs by 21, we will be down by as much as 30 but Avery will take his boys out when the game is out of reach.....

By MIKE VOTTA, STATS Senior Writer

The Dallas Mavericks have enjoyed a number of long winning streaks this season, but now, they're as hot as they've ever been.

The Mavericks try for a franchise-record 15th straight victory Saturday when they host the Orlando Magic.

Dallas has already posted winning streaks of 12 and 13 games this season, and its current run matches the franchise record set Oct. 30-Nov. 27, 2002. The Mavericks are the first team in NBA history with three 12-game winning streaks in a season and are just the fourth with three 10-game streaks.

Dallas has also won 21 straight at home, surpassing its previous franchise record of 16. The Mavericks have not dropped a game at the American Airlines Center since Dec. 7, and including losses in their first two home games this season, are 28-3 on their own court.

Orlando (28-32) knows just how tough the Mavericks can be at home -- the Magic have dropped eight in a row in Dallas since a 100-90 victory on Dec. 11, 1997. Overall, the Mavericks have won six of eight against the Magic.

The Mavericks beat Cleveland 95-92 at home on Thursday despite allowing Cavaliers star LeBron James to score 39 points. James missed two free throws and a pair of 3-pointers in the final 13.7 seconds to help Dallas take the victory.

"We were fortunate enough to win it," Mavericks coach Avery Johnson said.

Dallas has won 35 of its last 37 games and has not dropped consecutive contests since a franchise-worst 0-4 start.

"It wasn't the prettiest win in that streak, but a win is a win," forward Jerry Stackhouse said.

Dirk Nowitzki, who leads Dallas with 25.4 points per game, had team highs of 24 points and 11 rebounds. The MVP candidate came close to his first career triple-double, picking up seven assists.

The Mavericks had five players in double figures, and DeSagana Diop chipped in a season-high eight points.

"They have a lot of weapons. They're definitely the favorite in the West," James said.

The Magic lost their second straight on Friday, falling 98-74 to the San Antonio Spurs. Hedo Turkoglu had a team-high 22 points for Orlando, which is wrapping up a four-game road trip.

"We played the Spurs very close for three quarters only down by eight. Eight turned into twenty really fast during the first three minutes of the fourth," Magic coach Brian Hill said. "When you're down by twenty you really can't do much."

Dwight Howard had nine points and nine rebounds, ending a stretch of 13 straight games scoring in double figures and another of eight straight double-doubles.

"I didn't play well tonight, but my team did," Howard said. "It's embarrassing to lose by this many points but next time we play these guys, it's going to be in the back of my mind. Every time we play these guys."

Magic forward Grant Hill missed the game with a left foot injury.

Team Comparison

Team Record Standings PF PA Road/Home Streak L10

Orlando 28-32 3rd Southeast / 9th East 93.9 94.1 Road 10-20 Lost 2 3-7

Dallas 49-9 1st Southwest / 1st West 100.3 92.1 Home 28-3 Won 14 10-0

Orlando Notes

Mar 3 F-C Dwight Howard had 23 points and 12 rebounds in Wednesday's loss. Howard now has 42 double-doubles on the year, which ranks as the the second most in the NBA. With the double-double, Howard now has recorded at least 10 points and 10 boards in eight straight games. ... The Magic had 25 turnovers on Wednesday. ... Orlando now has lost four-straight games in Denver.

st 03-03-07 0:42 et

Dallas Notes

Mar 2 Dallas improve to 11-0 when both F Dirk Nowitzki and G Jason Terry finish with at least 20 points. ... Nowitzki led the Mavericks in assists for the third time in five games. ... The Mavericks also improved to 13-2 in games decided by five points or less and 10-2 in contests decided fewer than three points. ... C DeSagana Diop scored a season-high eight points, passing his previous best of six, which he had set twice.

st 03-02-07 5:15 et

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/preview?gid=2007030306

Scouting Report...B Schmitz...Orlando Sentinel

WHERE: American Airlines Arena, Dallas

RECORDS: Magic 28-32,; Mavs 49-9.

BROADCATS: TV -- WRBW-Ch. 65; Radio -- 580 AM (WDBO); Spanish language: 1030 AM (WONQ).

MAGIC UPDATE: Orlando is waiting for the return of PF Tony Battie (fractured thumb), although it is not likely he will play tonight. Battie has been working on the side during practices, adjusting a plastic splint on his hand after trying to catch passes. Without Battie, the Magic are down a big man and, at times, have had to use F Bo Outlaw and F Pat Garrity, who are both undersized. . . . The Magic lost to the Mavericks 111-95 in Orlando on Jan. 23. F Dirk Nowitzki had one of his best games, scoring 33 points while adding 10 rebounds and eight assists. . . . The Magic's next game is Monday night when they host the Milwaukee Bucks.

MAVS UDPATE: The reigning Western Conference champs have won 35 of their last 37 games and are on a 14-game winning streak (tying a franchise record). They've also had winning streaks of 12 and 13 games. According to Elias Sports Bureau, the Mavs are the first team in league history to have three streaks of 12-plus wins and just the fourth team to have three double-digit winning streaks in the same season. . . . Nowitzki is averaging 25.4 points and 9.6 rebounds per game. The Mavs are 16-0 when he scores 30 or more points in a game this season.

WHAT TO WATCH FOR: The Magic can make some noise by stopping the Mavs' streak, but it will be tough without Grant Hill and coming off a game in San Antonio. The Magic have to slow Nowitzki. They also need to slow the Mavs as they are 12-0 when scoring 60 or more points in the first half.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/basketball/magic/...story?coll=orl-magic

If I was Brian Hill, Besides smacking myself into a coma. I would shake up this team by starting JJ, Travis, Trevor, Darko, Dwight. This team needs a violent wake up call if they are going to turn this around. I would also make them run the ball up the court EVERYTIME. I would make quick substitutions so no one would get winded. This is how this team needs to play and win. Forget half court boring offense. Right now we suck as bad as any team in the league and if no changes of an extreme kind happen then we have Absolutely NO CHANCE of making the playoffs.

Man, this is a scary proposition with this game tonight.

Do you guys realize the Mavs are going for their 15th straight win tonight? That would be a franchise record.

The Magic are at the end of a road trip and playing a back-to-back at the same time. All signs point to a Dallas victory and if they get us down early it could be a blowout of huge proportions.

But I've seen it before so I'm still holding out hope. The NBA is a funny game. Just when you think all the odds are stacked against your team the impossible happens.

Go ahead and get on me guys, "your just doing some wishful thinking, junkie"!

The Orlando Juice at The Dallas Mavericks

Projected Matchup:

Orlando Juice

PG Jameer Nelson / 13.3 ppg., 4.2 apg., 3.0 rpg.

SG Keith Bogans / 5.1 ppg., 1.5 rpg., 1.1 apg.

SF Hedo Turkaglu / 12.0 ppg., 3.6 rpg., 3.1 apg.

PF Darko Milicic / 8.3 ppg., 5.5 rpg., 1.1 apg.

C Dwight Howard / 18.0 ppg., 12.2 rpg., 1.7 apg.

3837.jpg3746.jpg3415.jpg3705.jpg3818.jpg

Dallas Mavericks

PG Devin Harris / 9.6 ppg., 3.7 apg., 2.4 rpg.

GF Jason Terry / 15.9 ppg., 5.3 apg., 2.9 rpg.

SF Josh Howard / 19.2 ppg., 1.9 apg., 7.1 rpg.

PF Dirk Nowitzki / 25.4 ppg., 9.6 rpg., 3.4 apg.

C Erick Dampier / 7.5 ppg., 7.6 rpg., .5 apg.

3822.jpg3333.jpg3732.jpg3252.jpg3117.jpg

----------

Coaching Matchup:

Brian Hill

30090.jpg

Regular Season: 286-305

Postseason: 18-18

Experience: 9 years

Avery Johnson

30087.jpg

Regular Season: 125-33

Postseason: 20-16

Experience: 3 years

---------

Capacity: 19,200

250px-American_Airlines_Center.jpg

quote:
Originally posted by ball junkie:

Man, this is a scary proposition with this game tonight.

Do you guys realize the Mavs are going for their 15th straight win tonight? That would be a franchise record.

The Magic are at the end of a road trip and playing a back-to-back at the same time. All signs point to a Dallas victory and if they get us down early it could be a blowout of huge proportions.

But I've seen it before so I'm still holding out hope. The NBA is a funny game. Just when you think all the odds are stacked against your team the impossible happens.

Go ahead and get on me guys, "your just doing some wishful thinking, junkie"!

I agree, they are going for number 15 an they can be beaten, some one has to right? Why not us, we can do it..........

Lets go Magic!!!! If they Heat make the playoffs and we dont I am going to puke.......... My friends who are Heat fans wont ever let me hear the end of it.....

We need to pla Phoenix ball, screw defense........ We need to score more then 74 points to win a game.......

I see us keeping it close in the first quarter. Let's see how many 14-0 runs the Mavs go on before the coach decides to call a timeout. The only matchup I'm really interested in seeing is Ariza/J. Howard. I think he can shut him down for the most part. Jerry Stackhouse will probably go off for close to 40 off the bench. Dwight will get in early foul trouble. If we lose by 15 or less I'll be astonished and count it as a moral victory.