Sign in to follow this  
Jareth Cutestory

[ESPN] Thorpe Chat @ 12PM 11/19/08

I kinda agree with Spoelstra and Del Negro being mentioned, not Frank. But I also would think that SVG should be mentioned.

That's probably why Thorpe put him up there in the chat.

Imagine if we wouldn't have lost those first two games, that we should have won....

The team has a few issues, but I love seeing SVG working and changing things here and there, and the record we have...

quote:
Originally posted by Drunk on Mystery:

I'm far more bothered by the Portland loss than the Atlanta loss.

Same here. I think we broke an NBA record for most wide-open shots allowed.

We should have beaten that team with our eyes closed.

That's true, but Portland was expected to be good, and Atlanta was projected to be better...

The one that killed me was Memphis...

In reality we should have won all 3 of those games....but all teams have off nights...

I am happy with our current pace, but I do believe there are a few bugs to fix if we want to win in the playoffs

with a single double double, Greg Oden went from "bust" chatter to "possibly better than Dwight Howard" chatter. I love this game!

quote:
Originally posted by BRich:

with a single double double, Greg Oden went from "bust" chatter to "possibly better than Dwight Howard" chatter. I love this game!

For real. He got his own article on ESPN.com

http://myespn.go.com/blogs/truehoop/0-36-72/Greg-Oden-Arrived-.html

But when Dwight Howard drops the first triple double in points-rebounds-blocks in over a decade, it gets a nyce mention on SportsCenter.

Really?!? WHY ON EARTH IS THIS GUY SO UNBELIEVABLY HYPED?!?

i. don't. get. it.

quote:
Originally posted by You're Fat, Pat!:

quote:

But when Dwight Howard drops the first triple double in points-rebounds-blocks in over a decade, it gets a nyce mention on SportsCenter.

i. don't. get. it.

you all should respect Gregory Oden more. He was one of the heroes of the Great Civil War when he personally grabbed Gen. Ulysses S. Grant narrowly saving him from an approaching bullet.

quote:
Originally posted by no_ma'am:

quote:
Originally posted by You're Fat, Pat!:

quote:

i. don't. get. it.

you all should respect Gregory Oden more. He was one of the heroes of the Great Civil War when he personally grabbed Gen. Ulysses S. Grant narrowly saving him from an approaching bullet.

And the way he fended off that sabretooth tiger from his cave, he'll make the all-defensive team, no problem!

I really don't understand all this love for Oden. As a life long Buckeye fan, I didn't miss too many games with him on it and I thought he'd be good but him having post skills and an ability to pass out of it...Were we watching the same guy because I know he can develop but he looked more out of sync in his freshman year of college than I remember Dwight looking in his rookie campaign...I recall nothing but brute force and strength, oh wait, there's one more thing, he always seemed to be injured