Sign in to follow this  
Jareth Cutestory

[ESPN] Thorpe Chat @ 12PM 11/19/08

http://proxy.espn.go.com/chat/chatESPN?event_id=23712

quote:
Tom (Jersey): Thorper, thanks for not being a homer for yur boy Courtney Lee. I'm a transplant from Orlando and they still my team, and your analysis on him is fair.

SportsNation David Thorpe: (12:11 PM ET ) He was a student of mine in the summer, but being objective is not hard. I have to be for both espn and as a coach, otherwise how can I measure progress?

quote:
Mark (Orlando): JJ started last night and played 34 minutes. Will he start to become part of the rotation or are his days in Orlando numbered?

SportsNation David Thorpe: (12:12 PM ET ) I still think he can be a contributor. Credit to SVG for sticking with him.

http://proxy.espn.go.com/chat/chatESPN?event_id=23712

quote:
Tom (Jersey): Thorper, thanks for not being a homer for yur boy Courtney Lee. I'm a transplant from Orlando and they still my team, and your analysis on him is fair.

SportsNation David Thorpe: (12:11 PM ET ) He was a student of mine in the summer, but being objective is not hard. I have to be for both espn and as a coach, otherwise how can I measure progress?

quote:
Mark (Orlando): JJ started last night and played 34 minutes. Will he start to become part of the rotation or are his days in Orlando numbered?

SportsNation David Thorpe: (12:12 PM ET ) I still think he can be a contributor. Credit to SVG for sticking with him.

quote:
Stan Van Gundy (Orlando, FL): My team isn't even shooting well, and we're 8-3. Are we scary, or do you agree with the rest of the ESPN analysts that this is the best we can be?

SportsNation David Thorpe: (12:16 PM ET ) I'm more bullish on Orlando than others, I guess.

quote:
spencer (tempe, az): Considering Dwight Howard hasn't improved his fundamentals enough for the Magic to run the offense through him, and one of Oden's upsides is supposed to be his ability as passer from the low post, can't you see him being better than Howard?

SportsNation David Thorpe: (12:33 PM ET ) Sure. But I wouldn't expect it in 3 years.

quote:
John, Hanalei, HI: If your were the owner of the Kings and Timberwolves, who would you hire as the coaches?

SportsNation David Thorpe: (12:35 PM ET ) I'd watch the Nets and see if L Frank became available. I'd pray that Orlando grew disenchanted with SVG(not bloody likely).

This is a magic answer!!!at least

quote:
Jericho: (Camas, WA): Did you see Oden last night? If he can put up 22 10, 2, 2 in 30 minutes while still somewhat awkward, out of shape and learning the game and his team. Where do you see his game being 3 yrs from now?

David Thorpe: (12:25 PM ET ) If healthy for long periods of time, he could be the leagues best center not dunking with a cape on.

You gotta love David Thorpe. I can almost see him typing with two fingers as fast as he can.

Nygu (Seoul, Korea): Will Andrew Bynum be better career over Dwight Howard?

David Thorpe: (12:41 PM ET ) Probably not. But he'll win a ton of games.

quote:
Jameer Nelson (Orlando, FL): I'm not playing too shabby lately am I Thorpe? Can I finally be the point guard that could take the Magic over the top?

SportsNation David Thorpe: (12:46 PM ET ) When you turn corners aggressively and take open jumpers, you can be a difference maker.

Why do I only get my questions answered when I use a gimmick?

quote:
Can't get responded to (Everywhere): Top 5 players right now are unquestionably Lebron, Kobe, Wade, Paul, Howard.

David Thorpe: (12:47 PM ET ) Bron

Wade

CP3

Kobe

Amare or Dwight

I don't know, but that's how it is...

Dwight Top 5...lets trade him because his value is high and he had a 4 pt game a few games ago, and we don't want to lose his value...

quote:
Carlos (El Salvador): Saludos desde El Salvador para usted, Senor Thorpe. I know its 10 games into the season, but who gets your early vote for coach of the year (or month)?

David Thorpe: (12:57 PM ET ) Van Gundy.

David Thorpe: (12:57 PM ET ) Maybe Phil Jackson.