Secretly Space Jesus

Case of the Mondays: Who is DoM hating now? The necessity delusion

quote:
Originally posted by emory889:

quote:
Originally posted by Drunk on Mystery:

quote:
Originally posted by O-dub:

Would Hedo be on the floor if he didn't play defense?

Clearly, since he still gets minutes despite the fact that if you showed me a single player he can keep in front of him that he would ever have to guard, I'd show you a 40 story pink elephant made of candy since neither one actually exists.

I'm of the belief that Pietrus was brought in as much to cover Hedo's defensive inadequacy as he was to cover Jameer's.

Luke Walton? I want my 40 story elephant shaped piece of candy now.

"Luke Walton can not be stopped! Bruce Bowen and Ron Artest tremble in fear of his daggerlike three's and lightning fast crossover moves!!!!!!!!!!!!"

bill20walton2.jpg

quote:
Originally posted by bhnole:

quote:
Originally posted by emory889:

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by O-dub:

Would Hedo be on the floor if he didn't play defense?

Clearly, since he still gets minutes despite the fact that if you showed me a single player he can keep in front of him that he would ever have to guard, I'd show you a 40 story pink elephant made of candy since neither one actually exists.

I'm of the belief that Pietrus was brought in as much to cover Hedo's defensive inadequacy as he was to cover Jameer's.

Luke Walton? I want my 40 story elephant shaped piece of candy now.

"Luke Walton can not be stopped! Bruce Bowen and Ron Artest tremble in fear of his daggerlike three's and lightning fast crossover moves!!!!!!!!!!!!"

bill20walton2.jpg

walton.jpg

Love the "There Will Be Blood" reference.

I think the man making $120 Million should be taking shots in the fourth quarter, not the man trying to earn $120 Million, for obvious reasons.

I am on board for the Hedo-Wallace hypothetical, hell, I would even trade Hedo for Travis Outlaw and a second rounder because I think Hedo has peaked and has forgotten how to be a distributor.

You say he calls his own number 90% of the time? I say its at least 96%. It's getting ridiculous.

I'm still a big Turk fan but at this point it makes more sense to send him away than to continue to force a square peg in a round hole.

BTW love the new sig Luke.

And Gardner, always remember that I am still number one in the hood, G.

Well all I can do is cheer on all the guys. If Hedo is in a Carlos Arroyo slump then he needs too shake it off. Lets see what happens tonight in another game of this never ending drama of the Orlando Magic forum.

Ball movement stalls in the 4th and we start coughing up leads. What always happens in the 4th? We ignore Dwight and Hedo and Jameer do their thing. We had Portlands only active center on the bench and we didn't go to Dwight, not even to draw the defense in. Instead we got to see a variety of high degree of difficulty shots when we had a guy that could draw attention and another guy with a solid post game on the other side that could have also drawn attention.

My point in mentioning all this is Hedo, you can still get your 50,000 attempts in the 4th but it would be nice if you moved the ball around first before chucking it. It might even get a few other people hitting and keep the offense from completely collapsing.

quote:
Originally posted by Marc Acres 3:16:

Ball movement stalls in the 4th and we start coughing up leads. What always happens in the 4th? We ignore Dwight and Hedo and Jameer do their thing. We had Portlands only active center on the bench and we didn't go to Dwight, not even to draw the defense in. Instead we got to see a variety of high degree of difficulty shots when we had a guy that could draw attention and another guy with a solid post game on the other side that could have also drawn attention.

My point in mentioning all this is Hedo, you can still get your 50,000 attempts in the 4th but it would be nice if you moved the ball around first before chucking it. It might even get a few other people hitting and keep the offense from completely collapsing.

Adding to that the 120 million dollar man was missing the broadside of the barn in 4th quarter as well and Bogans couldn't hit simple layups that adds up to a loss.

quote:

1.jpg

quote:
Originally posted by PEC:

quote:

Adding to that the 120 million dollar man was missing the broadside of the barn in 4th quarter as well and Bogans couldn't hit simple layups that adds up to a loss.

That's part of my point, 21 attempts for Hedo, 12 for Jameer, 11 for Dwight and Shard. Now Shard has been in a shooting slump but he does have the ability to post up. He's been smart enough this season that when the 3 isn't going he is moving to the post or to a mid range, he adjusts his shot selection. Hedo and Jameer took 3's out of rhythm, forced off balance jumpers and while they are doing that, no one else is getting into a rhythm.

I get that Dwight is bad at the line, do we really need to worry about that with 7 left in the 4th? Under 2 ok, I get it, but 7? If we looked at Dwight with any regularity we could have fouled out Aldrige, Outlaw, and Przybilla. Outlaw had 5 and Przybilla had 4, Aldrige had 3, shoot Frye had 5 in 16 mins and that is with Dwight getting only 11 attempts. How different is the game without Portland having a frontline?

We bailed them out, if I'm an opposing coach, I say let Hedo and Jameer shoot all of the crazy crap just try to keep Dwight off the offensive glass. You can tell by Stan's comments that he wants the ball being moved and those 2 guys are the ones not moving it.

quote:

quote:

quote:

That's part of my point, 21 attempts for Hedo, 12 for Jameer, 11 for Dwight and Shard. Now Shard has been in a shooting slump but he does have the ability to post up. He's been smart enough this season that when the 3 isn't going he is moving to the post or to a mid range, he adjusts his shot selection. Hedo and Jameer took 3's out of rhythm, forced off balance jumpers and while they are doing that, no one else is getting into a rhythm.

I get that Dwight is bad at the line, do we really need to worry about that with 7 left in the 4th? Under 2 ok, I get it, but 7? If we looked at Dwight with any regularity we could have fouled out Aldrige, Outlaw, and Przybilla. Outlaw had 5 and Przybilla had 4, Aldrige had 3, shoot Frye had 5 in 16 mins and that is with Dwight getting only 11 attempts. How different is the game without Portland having a frontline?

We bailed them out, if I'm an opposing coach, I say let Hedo and Jameer shoot all of the crazy crap just try to keep Dwight off the offensive glass. You can tell by Stan's comments that he wants the ball being moved and those 2 guys are the ones not moving it.

I mentioned it in the game thread, but I'll repeat it: everyone on the team bears huge responsibility for the fact that Dwight only had 3 FGAs in the entire second half, and only had, I think 5 touches in the entire fourth quarter on offense, two of which came on offensive rebounds. That's just stupid.

quote:

quote:

quote:

Same thinking here.

Only 6 points and 7 rebounds after a monster first half... this is not acceptable.

And we haven't to worry about him shooting the FT, or this situation will hunt him and the team forever.

It's the other team center that have to worry about not fouling out.

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

I mentioned it in the game thread, but I'll repeat it: everyone on the team bears huge responsibility for the fact that Dwight only had 3 FGAs in the entire second half, and only had, I think 5 touches in the entire fourth quarter on offense, two of which came on offensive rebounds. That's just stupid.

Beyond stupid, its closer to basketball retarded. Portland had no one that could even slow Dwight down. Sometimes I think Dwight's good nature is a bit of a hinderance when it comes to his teammates. Does anyone think Shaq or Duncan would have let their teammates only get them the ball 5 times in a entire half? Especially, with the way Dwight was rolling in the first half. It was disgusting.