Sign in to follow this  
Secretly Space Jesus

Case of the Mondays: Who is DoM hating now? The necessity delusion

quote:
Originally posted by NotByChoice:

Does anyone else find that flock of seagulls picture disturbing?

I'm there with you, the 80's brought us a lot of strange stuff.

I missed the Washington game but Shard has taken more of an aggressive approach and I feel much more comfortable with him taking shots this year. Is it too much of a reach to think that he is more than capable of taking over the 4th quarter scoring role?

quote:
Originally posted by Marc Acres 3:16:

I missed the Washington game but Shard has taken more of an aggressive approach and I feel much more comfortable with him taking shots this year. Is it too much of a reach to think that he is more than capable of taking over the 4th quarter scoring role?

It's a lot of time that I'm pushing for it.

And more in general, in the last quarter I would like to see the team following the same game plan of the first three quarters, without waiting for a Hedo's miracle.

So, I'm up for feeding D12 until the two minutes mark too. Free throws will be a problem, sure, but we'll play our style and opposite stars could be in foul troubles too for hacking Dwight.

quote:

This is something I've never understood. With Hedo playing the 3 and Shard the 4, Shard is the one that is likely enjoying a mis-match, particularly high out on the court. Wouldn't he be the logical one to use late in a game to run the offense since he will likely be less inhibited than anyone else by his defender?

Sure, Hedo's first step is a little quicker than Shard's, but that is more than offset by the mismatch he generally enjoys. Put the ball in his hands, and make the opposing PF try to guard him from beyond the 3-point line.

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by NotByChoice:

Does anyone else find that flock of seagulls picture disturbing?

I'm there with you, the 80's brought us a lot of strange stuff.

I would hope he is capable. We are paying him primary 4th quarter scorer money. From what I've seen so far Shard has been the much better 4th quarter scorer already. Hedo seems almost desperate to maintain his status from last year and its resulting in a lot of forced shots from him. If that doesn't change Stan will have to make an adjustment.

Great read as always DOM. Now, if you are done typing at my computer, the weeds in my yard aren't going to pull themselves.

quote:
Originally posted by Drunk on Mystery:

As is often the case with diligent people working diligently towards their diligent work, it's been uncovered that there are those among the committee's work force that have come to believe that they are "necessary" by some almost supernatural decree. This delusion of importance is obviously flawed, since no worker is ever completely invulnerable, but the same delusion of protection brought upon by being "necessary" towards some untold agenda. This absurd notion has, like many absurd notions before it, permeated this board: soaking into the earth like a particularly obnoxious weed, roots dug deep into its core. Someone needs to remove these foul weeds, obviously. Just call me the gardener.

gardener17.gif

Don't actually call me that.

It seems remarkably easy to say that any given high use player on any given team would be indispensible to that team, and that the loss of said player would result in a travesty of poor play the likes of which the game had never known, and woe woe woe BS BS BS. Even if we ignore the fact that such a line of thinking is monumentally disrespectful to the other players on the team, it's also patently ridiculous.

False.jpg

The number of trades made mid-season that have positively affected their respective teams would be too numerous to mention, and I'd be shouted down if I bothered trying. But here are some descriptive words used to describe a certain Magic player: primary fourth quarter scoring option. Primary facillitator on offense. Arguably the team's best scorer, playmaker, and all around player.

I am of course referring to Steve Francis.

200px-Protoman7.jpg

Surprised? You shouldn't be. Steve Francis was Orlando's primary everything in his season and a half in Orlando. That he was traded surprised exactly no one, because the trade made the team better anyways.

And so it is that people claim, like lambs baaaing at the butcher before the blade comes down, that people on this board and at large will claim that the Magic can never and will never trade Hedo Turkoglu, and even the ever so slightly more sensible posters will come up wit ha list of demands so ridiculous as to make Hedo untradeable by default. This, of course, ignores the fact that Richard Jefferson, a player better than Hedo Turkoglu, was traded for an expiring contract and a flock of seagulls less than a year ago.

afos_2.jpg

You all know you were going to make that joke.

The notion that trading a 28 year old "Never been an all-star" will somehow net us 2 starting quality players is so laughable, I would need an entire separate column to describe how truly laughable it actually is. The reality is that Hedo is a decent starting caliber player who passes well for a player his size, plays no defense of any kind, and has a penchant for chucking late in games because he's clearly read far too much of his own homeristic press, which seems to have been written primarily by whiny sycophants. And while I've addressed the whiny Hedo sycophants(the WHSes for short) before, it should be noted that their lives could easily be condensed into one overarching epiphany:

dysfunction.jpg

Hedo will never love you.

And yet the WHSes pester on, like lemmings over the side of the cliff, simply because they don't know any better. A recent thread regarding the prospects of a Hedo for Gerald Wallace swap was met with an eyesore of stupid opinions about Hedo being a better player than Wallace, for this team or any other. This is jaw-droppingly stupid, of course, since Gerald Wallace could eat Hedo's breakfast, lunch, dinner, drink his milkshake, and steal his candy. While one could argue that the trade doesn't work due to CAP restrictions(valid), that Wallace is injury prone(valid), or that the trade wouldn't address a real need(valid, providing you don't like good defense). But to suggest that Hedo is better, or the other option, that the team would simply fall apart like a house of cards without Hedo's Magic Johnson like playmaking(which consists of calling his own number 90% of the time, as near as I can tell) is just silly. Do you have that little respect for the rest of the team? If so, please, become a fan of badminton or something. We don't want your kind.

Good day, Magic fans. As always, I'm Drunk On Mystery, and the knowledge you exist is a burden on my soul.

And yet the problem with this is Otis Smith. He goes by his own logic that can't be defined by anyone of us. With his logic last year we did not trade players that had expiring contracts instead the Magic got almost nothing, for those players. The only thing was a trade exception that Otis most likely will not use.

And that is the fate of the Magic truly.

quote:
Originally posted by O-dub:

Would Hedo be on the floor if he didn't play defense?

Clearly, since he still gets minutes despite the fact that if you showed me a single player he can keep in front of him that he would ever have to guard, I'd show you a 40 story pink elephant made of candy since neither one actually exists.

I'm of the belief that Pietrus was brought in as much to cover Hedo's defensive inadequacy as he was to cover Jameer's.

quote:
Originally posted by Drunk on Mystery:

quote:
Originally posted by O-dub:

Would Hedo be on the floor if he didn't play defense?

Clearly, since he still gets minutes despite the fact that if you showed me a single player he can keep in front of him that he would ever have to guard, I'd show you a 40 story pink elephant made of candy since neither one actually exists.

I'm of the belief that Pietrus was brought in as much to cover Hedo's defensive inadequacy as he was to cover Jameer's.

Luke Walton? I want my 40 story elephant shaped piece of candy now.

quote:
Originally posted by emory889:

Great read as always DOM. Now, if you are done typing at my computer, the weeds in my yard aren't going to pull themselves.

LOL