Sign in to follow this  
Shine88

Redick makes his case to play for Orlando Magic. (Denton)

Redick may not want to say it, but coach Stan Van Gundy was eager to point out the dramatic strides that the third-year shooting guard has made in this training camp. Redick may not want to say it, but coach Stan Van Gundy was eager to point out the dramatic strides that the third-year shooting guard has made in this training camp. Redick hit 4 of his 5 3-pointers on Saturday, including a key one late in the fourth quarter to steady Orlando's muddling offense. And Redick even held his own defensively when Miami tried to isolate him on star guard Dwyane Wade.

"J.J. was outstanding," Van Gundy gushed. "Rashard's drive-and-kick to J.J. for a (3-pointer) that took us from plus-four to plus-seven was a huge play."

http://www.floridatoday.com/article/20081020/SPORTS16/810200327/1002/SPORTS

Redick is definitely showing Stan, that he can be that offensive spark off the bench this year.

Redick may not want to say it, but coach Stan Van Gundy was eager to point out the dramatic strides that the third-year shooting guard has made in this training camp. Redick may not want to say it, but coach Stan Van Gundy was eager to point out the dramatic strides that the third-year shooting guard has made in this training camp. Redick hit 4 of his 5 3-pointers on Saturday, including a key one late in the fourth quarter to steady Orlando's muddling offense. And Redick even held his own defensively when Miami tried to isolate him on star guard Dwyane Wade.

"J.J. was outstanding," Van Gundy gushed. "Rashard's drive-and-kick to J.J. for a (3-pointer) that took us from plus-four to plus-seven was a huge play."

http://www.floridatoday.com/article/20081020/SPORTS16/810200327/1002/SPORTS

Redick is definitely showing Stan, that he can be that offensive spark off the bench this year.

I went to the game on Saturday, and all I can say is that JJ doesn't look like the same player he has the past two seasons.

If we are upping his value we need to trade him immediately, because, outside of missing two free throws, he played the most complete game of anyone not named Dwight.

He even had a series where he ran the floor, dribbled penetrated, and hit Dwight on a backdoor cut for a three point play. My jaw hit the floor.

quote:
Originally posted by Osprey23:

I went to the game on Saturday, and all I can say is that JJ doesn't look like the same player he has the past two seasons.

If we are upping his value we need to trade him immediately, because, outside of missing two free throws, he played the most complete game of anyone not named Dwight.

He even had a series where he ran the floor, dribbled penetrated, and hit Dwight on a backdoor cut for a three point play. My jaw hit the floor.

10 games into the season I think we'll know his true improvement. I wish I could glimpse though, can't go to any games here in Gainesville. and no TV...frustrating to say the least.

quote:
Originally posted by FloridianaJones:

quote:

10 games into the season I think we'll know his true improvement. I wish I could glimpse though, can't go to any games here in Gainesville. and no TV...frustrating to say the least.

Agree, though if we are gonna trade him I would say do it now, because I would hate to see a relapse within those first few games.

Paging Junkie to the Redick thread. We need another reminder of your coaching resume.

quote:
Originally posted by FloridianaJones:

quote:

Try being limited to 1-3 games a week.

All of which involve, Miami, San An, Bucks, Lakers, Boston or Detroit.

I want to watch Orl obviously, portland, gsw, toronto, something bloody different than those gay *** spurs.

quote:

Seriously, thanks for the detailed info. I, like others, haven't been able to see any preseason games. Sounds like JJ has a real shot of being in the rotation. Good for him, and good for us. I remember watching him at Duke thinking he could be the next Ray-Ray (Allen). If we can just get a lil' of that I will be satisfied.

BJ is a Magic fan first. If JJ can contribute, I am sure he would be very excited. I can't see any games as I am in fooking Fort Lauderdale. Anyone own their own business? I want to come back to Orlando. I have every professional license you can think of. Go Magic.