Sign in to follow this  
sharp/7/shooter

Redick ahead of Courtney Lee and Bogans on Depth Chart?

"Head coach Stan Van Gundy said Wednesday that Redick has moved ahead of Keith Bogans and Courtney Lee on the depth chart, the Orlando Sentinel reports.

Spin: It looks like Redick may finally be leaving the witness protection program. He's barely seen the floor in each of his first two seasons; but Van Gundy must have seen enough improvement in Redick's defense to justify giving him extra playing time during the upcoming season. Redick will still come off the bench; but given his ascension up the depth chart, he's now someone fantasy owners should keep an eye on."

This is from the status alert from ESPN.com. I found it while searching magic players on ESPN's fantasy basketball under the free agency section. It can also be located under Redick's ESPN profile in red text: http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/players/profile?playerId=3024

Read and discuss fellow magic fans. I for one am happy for JJ to move up on the depth chart, since he's my favorite player on the team behind dwight. BUT I still think it's too early to come to a permanent depth chart. Lee has shown promise and bogans may be just having a rough start. Time will tell.

P.S. since this is ESPN, i think that this statement is legitimate, but i haven't seen this news anywhere else. ESPN says that the Orlando Sentinel reported this, but i have yet to find that. if this is wrong, someone call me out on it.

"Head coach Stan Van Gundy said Wednesday that Redick has moved ahead of Keith Bogans and Courtney Lee on the depth chart, the Orlando Sentinel reports.

Spin: It looks like Redick may finally be leaving the witness protection program. He's barely seen the floor in each of his first two seasons; but Van Gundy must have seen enough improvement in Redick's defense to justify giving him extra playing time during the upcoming season. Redick will still come off the bench; but given his ascension up the depth chart, he's now someone fantasy owners should keep an eye on."

This is from the status alert from ESPN.com. I found it while searching magic players on ESPN's fantasy basketball under the free agency section. It can also be located under Redick's ESPN profile in red text: http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/players/profile?playerId=3024

Read and discuss fellow magic fans. I for one am happy for JJ to move up on the depth chart, since he's my favorite player on the team behind dwight. BUT I still think it's too early to come to a permanent depth chart. Lee has shown promise and bogans may be just having a rough start. Time will tell.

P.S. since this is ESPN, i think that this statement is legitimate, but i haven't seen this news anywhere else. ESPN says that the Orlando Sentinel reported this, but i have yet to find that. if this is wrong, someone call me out on it.

i could be wrong, but i think this was already talked about...this may be a re assertion, im not sure. never the less, competition is good at the 2 spot this year!

Stan made some comments the other day that, game on the line, JJ would be there... I am paraphrasing of course...

He also went on to say that he felt that way now, but that things could change when the season starts.

Honestly, it sounded like lip service, but who knows. If JJ earns some legit playing time this season, well, then good for him. He has obviously worked hard over the summer and I can't see him getting playing time if he doesn't deserve it, under SVG at any rate.

Did you guys just feel that?

I think hell just froze over.

I've always rooted for Redick, but at the same time, I didn't want him to be handed the spot. It's good to hear from SVG's mouth that he has gone out and earned it this year.

Way to go Red.

Well let's see what SVG's saying after all the preseason games are played.

There's plenty of time for C-Lee or Bogans to get 4 steals guarding J-Rich tommorow night or Redick's shot to go cold, or who knows what else could happen?

quote:
Originally posted by Marc Acres 3:16:

I would take this article with a grain of salt since it is a fantasy basketball projection.

To be fair, the fantasy guys are the ones who do the real number crunching in professional sports, the ones who delve deep within the numbers to locate trends and make their projections.

I realize this article doesn't have to do with numbers and is more in relation to a Coach's changeable depth chart, but I usually take professional numbers guys opinions with importance.

Oh, and ...... paging Ball Junkie...........