Sign in to follow this  
Rodriguez

Van Gundy Challenges PG Nelson

"If you pulled your head out of your rectum long enough to read my entire post, you would see that I too, was critical of Jameer and his play. There is a difference between being critical and overanalyzing single sentences in an effort to support your point."

Echo, I liked your clarity in clearing up you point to us that miscrue your opinions, but I failed to see the humor in contaminating my airway and vision in such unnealthy manner specially when I have looked at so many cavities throughourt my medical career.

"That is pretty good advice Ibone. It must get terribly hot and stuffy in there."

Emory, For one of those miraculous moments we seem to agree in something. I thank you for your concern in my welfare.LOL

quote:
Luke_fFs:

He has the defensive abilities and the size of Dooling, and seems to be a good distributor in the offensive end.

And he's more experienced of the two backups that we gave away this summer.

So I consider him a really strong competitor for Jameer.

I agree 100%, plus it seems that at 34, AJ came to training camp in very good shape!

Read what he had to say last year at the beginning of training camp with the Hawks:

quote:
"Each year you have young guys coming in and taking older guys' spots and kind of moving them out of the league," said Johnson, who is in his 11th NBA season. "I want to play another three-plus years. So I tried to get in great shape and work on my game and come to camp prepared and ready to play a long season. Everything has worked out for me thus far."

Look out Jameer! SVG (and AJ)is sending a big message here!

quote:
Originally posted by echo4papa:

I really think his motive is just to motivate Jameer, and get him to play with the effort he showed during the playoffs.

And you think this would really work?

Jameer can only do so much, he's not a starting caliber PG in this league, he's a miniature SG at best and does what he can, which is shoot.

Instead of yelling and annoying his players he should watch Jackson and Popovich coach.

How come we don't see these respected coaches pointing fingers at individuals on the team? When you are good, players show you respect and play hard, you don't need to tell your players "you need to play hard" or need to go to the media with unnecessary drama.

quote:
Originally posted by JSicamore:

quote:

I really think his motive is just to motivate Jameer, and get him to play with the effort he showed during the playoffs.

Jameer can only do so much, he's not a starting caliber PG in this league, he's a miniature SG at best and does what he can, which is shoot.

Instead of yelling and annoying his players he should watch Jackson and Popovich coach.

How come we don't see these respected coaches pointing fingers at individuals on the team? When you are good, players show you respect and play hard, you don't need to tell your players "you need to play hard" or need to go to the media with unnecessary drama.

You get funnier everytime I read one of your posts. Pop doesn't yell at his players?? Really, is that why we've seen a number of players get rubbed the wrong way by him. You don't think the guy is hard on his players? Do you even know who the man learned under?

I nearly cracked a rib laughing at this one-

You mention Phil Jackson then say this in the same post-"How come we don't see these respected coaches pointing fingers at individuals on the team?" LMAO! Do you own a TV? Read a newspaper? Watch basketball?

You want so badly to say something negative about Stan that you constantly make yourself look foolish. You are a joke.

The main reason Horace Grant left Chicago for Orlando was Phil Jackson and his scream tactics.

It is very well known that Phil likes to pick what he deems the weakest of the herd and use him as an example to keep the others in line.

A good coach however understands when he needs to break a guy down to build him up.

Phil, Pop, Riley do this very will and so far (unlike Brian Hill) SVG does a heck of job kicking players in the butt AND patting them on the back when needed.

quote:
Originally posted by Rodriguez:

quote:
Originally posted by Luke_FfS:

quote:

I think AJ is going to be a GREAT back up. he seems solid, doesn't try to play out of his talents, runs the offense... I like what I have seen so far.

Until know it seems to be, and I really hope he'll keep it up for all the season.

He has the defensive abilities and the size of Dooling, and seems to be a good distributor in the offensive end.

Guys doesn

Its sad all Jameer posts still are enveloped with the Arroyo issue and tend to deviate from the reality of the issue. No mattter what we think about his adequacy for the role he was chosen for by Otis, its a reality we have to live with and only Jameer can make believers of his detractors and prove Otis was right. I feel this year will be his last chance to make sure "All eyes are upon him" or become one of the many utility PG's available.

quote:
Originally posted by ThisIsTheYear:

quote:
Originally posted by Rodriguez:

quote:
Originally posted by Luke_FfS:

quote:

I think AJ is going to be a GREAT back up. he seems solid, doesn't try to play out of his talents, runs the offense... I like what I have seen so far.

Until know it seems to be, and I really hope he'll keep it up for all the season.

Guys doesn

quote:
Originally posted by Gabe:

People, forget about Arroyo! The guy is happy in Europe making more money!(in euros by the way). One thing is for sure, Maccabi's pg is better than the Magic pg.

Where do you think Tel Aviv is exactly?

quote:
Originally posted by JSicamore:

quote:

I believe Phil Jackson wrote a book in which he called Kobe "uncoachable". Does that count as finger pointing? You are so far out of touch with reality its shocking.

quote:
Originally posted by Drunk on Mystery:

quote:
Originally posted by Gabe:

People, forget about Arroyo! The guy is happy in Europe making more money!(in euros by the way). One thing is for sure, Maccabi's pg is better than the Magic pg.

Where do you think Tel Aviv is exactly?

LOL