Sign in to follow this  
ball junkie

If Lee plays the "2"...J.J. is 3rd string again

quote:
Originally posted by ball junkie:

quote:
Originally posted by Osprey23:

I honestly think JJ slept with Junkie's wife.

See, it's comments like these that ruin this board. I think this comment was meant to be a joke but I still don't like it...I wouldn't tease any person here like this unless I knew them fairly well and in this case I really haven't conversed with Osprey but a few times and even then it was in a negative way.

The mods obviously allow it because Osprey is one of their good buddies and he/she posts a lot, is a vet.

Back on subject, I guess it's okay to start a thread titled, "One and Only TRADE BOGANS THREAD". Everyone chimes in and says how said player s-u-c-k-s and his defense was so horrible on Monday night...nobody cares about ripping Keith or defending him or complaining about a negative thread(Kitno was the only one defending him) because he is not a popular player. Especially with the most popular guy on the planet right here on our very team.

I'm gonna be honest here...yeah, last season I went to some games actually hoping and pulling for some players to screw up because of all the crap some of the people on these boards talk. You know what else...I know I'm not the only one. I remember threads being started by multiple people last year saying that because of Carlos fans they actually hoped he would screw up because they knew the next day that's all they would read about if he had a good game.

That is very similar to my feelings about Redick...except they like to rip Bogans while boosting their guy at the same time.

For the record, everyone that trashed Bogans after the Hawks game I happened to check the play-by-play log...Keith only the 3rd quarter for 12 minutes...in the 3rd quarter of that game the opposing team shooting guard only scored 8 of the 45 points the Magic gave up. The majority of the Hawks damage was done by Acie Law(point guard) and Josh Smith(power forward). In fact, the opening post of this thread has Stan lamenting this very fact...Jameer and Turk stunk up the joint...not Keith Bogans.

You know, I hate that I go to go games feeling negative about any player because I honestly love the Magic. Makes me think I need to get off these boards like many before me have chosen.

Some of you took this thread in a negative light but that was not my intention...as some have mentioned and Mike Bianchi mentioned in the Sentinel today all we have heard since Redick scored 12 points was J.J. this and J.J. that. He played well last pre-season and we all know how that turned out. I stand by my thread and am confident Courtney Lee will soon be getting the back-up minutes at the "2".

Can't wait for it to be proven on the court...

I don't mind Redick helping the team but I honestly don't see it...maybe spot minutes here and there.

We'll see.....

When i read this, all i see is a temper tantrum because your player isnt doing well. It might not be that way, but it looks like it.

To be honest, the whole Bogans thing started in the chat. Bogans went in, they scored 45 points. So me made bogans the scapegoat. Its not like we watched the game so we couldnt see what he was doing.

That being said, i dont care about bogans. I couldn't care less if JJ plays or not. I'd rather have Lee playing ahead of him.

This blatant negativity wished on a player is terrible. No one went into that game wishing bogans to do terrible. It's not like we picked on bogans that game specificly. We got on cook during this past game.

I dunno, im just rambling. It just gets on my nerves when people feign being offended and start calling out the mods just so they can justify their tantrum.

(quote from Lewis4thewin)

"To be honest, the whole Bogans thing started in the chat. Bogans went in, they scored 45 points. So me made bogans the scapegoat. Its not like we watched the game so we couldnt see what he was doing."

I watched the game. We were doing fine til the third quarter. We became completely ineffective when Bogans went in. Everyone was bad. Including Bogans.

Point is, we have played 7 good quarters and 1 bad quarter. It happens that Bogans was in that entire quarter and hasn't been seen otherwise.

So Bogans is a great scapegoat. It will be someone else next time.

Thanks for your analysis on Lee and Pietrus.

But I would really enjoy it if I could wake up and come on here without reading 10 or so posts from you slagging JJ, for whatever reason I don't know.

Seeing as He has had the greatest (seond greatest to Battie yesterday) point differential of any of our players in the first 2 preseason games, i'd assume our team defense has been fine when he's out there.

I could spot weaknessess to Dwights game if it was all I looked for. I could come on here and bag him out for not being assertive, or not being consistant with a jumper yet, but I don't because his strengths outweigh his weaknessess.

JJ has finally pushed into a rotation, albeit preseason, and all you can do it ***** and moan and say how someone else (lee) will take it and the magic are stupid for playing Lee behind JJ.

I'm not sure if your a Tarheels fan, if JJ rooted your missus or if your just a hater. But this is getting mighty boring reading, from someone who can post quite good stuff.

All I see is an attempt at retaliation on JJ for the trade Bogans thread. Things like this are what I miss the most in this message board lol

I agree with almost everybody else, too many good points to quote.

Hey guys.

Well, I read through this whole thread and then thought on the subject before posting.

For clarity's sake: I'm a diehard Magic Fan since Day One, a diehard Duke fan since Grant Hill & Christian Laettner broke Kentucky's heart, & a J.J. Redick fan. In that order, although my passion for the Magic is clearly number one in all of sports. Duke, Redick, and sometimes if it warrants it even Dwight be ****ed, I always want what's best for this team.

By the way, having a Redick avatar is clearly self-mockery because I think the look on his face is dumb and goofy.

So with that said, I have some points to make.

I'm getting more than a little sick and tired of the blanket generalization that is: "J.J. Fan."

"J.J. Fan" are apparently irrational Magic Fans that only became Magic Fan on the day that Orlando drafted J.J. Reddick. They believe he's the greatest thing since sliced bread and I dunno, I guess the true franchise player of the Magic. Long story short, that he can do no wrong and no one else that plays a similar position can come close to him.

That's complete nonsense.

Like I said I'm a Redick Fan and **** proud of it. Was I happy when we drafted him? Sure, mostly because it was a weak draft class, we needed a SG badly, and with the possible exception of Ronnie Brewer there was absolutely no one there for us to draft at 11th in '06. People seem to conveniently forget that these days, but it's true. I fit the mold of "J.J. Fan" because I think these past 2 seasons Redick should of gotten more PT. Especially that last Brian Hill year because it's not like we were going to win a Championship anyway, Redick, Ariza, and our young players in general should of been given more of an opportunity to grow.

But I don't consider myself irrational or blindly loyal to ANY player. Strangely enough I seem to remember saying that Turk should of been traded LAST summer even though I liked him for roster balance. When Arroyo was terrible 2 years ago, I bashed him mercilessly for it. When he was better and more efficent last year, I defended him. I liked Keyon coming into last season and thought he should get more PT himself, but then when he got the chance at not just SG but also PG and decided to barely ever pass the rock, I blasted him AND SVG for it.

When more often than not Bogans couldn't even outplay Maurice Evans and basically lost his job because Evans has more energy than him in his little pinky, then you better believe I've been critical of him. Actually I think last year was one of his best seasons because at least he can hit the 3. However, he's been known to slack and go through the motions and I'm sorry, the man can't run a fast break effectively to save his life. Kind of a problem in an uptempo offense, don't you think?

But none of that has to do with J.J. Redick. It has everything to do with Keith Bogans and what he brings to this team on his OWN merit.

I think it's a huge problem on this forum that needs to stop, the labeling and sectioning off of Magic fans as Redick fans, Carlos fans, Jameer fans, Turk fans, or what have you. Thikning that all fans of a certain player think or act the same way is simply ridiculous.

I want ALL of our shooting guards to play well and I think that's how all real Magic fans should be thinking. The better everyone plays, the easier (or tougher in a positive way) SVG's job is, and the easier job it is for Otis to pull a trade out for that 3rd PG or a PF.

I'm happy about this team's versatility and I think based on what performances we've seen from the players involved as of late, I think that what I thought this summer's pretty much gonna come to pass. Pietrus'll be the unquestioned SG starter that also plays the 3 now and then, while Redick & C-Lee split the rest of the SG minutes behind Pietrus and C-Lee gets a little time at the point, especially if Godforbid there's an injury.

Everyone's entitled to their opinion, but I think the bunching of Magic fans into these boxes that don't even fit or make sense should be calmed down...

Let's keep an open mind about the players and each other. A crazy idea I know, but it just might work.

quote:
Originally posted by Skywise316:

I think it's a huge problem on this forum that needs to stop, the labeling and sectioning off of Magic fans as Redick fans, Carlos fans, Jameer fans, Turk fans, or what have you. Thikning that all fans of a certain player think or act the same way is simply ridiculous.

quote:

Everyone's entitled to their opinion

Posts like this one have far more validity when you don't blatantly contradict yourself within the same post.

Part of the free flow of opinion means people are going to have stupid opinions. If someone's opinion of you or anyone else is inherently false or ridiculous, as you claim it to be, you should have no actual reason to care.

quote:
Originally posted by Drunk on Mystery:

quote:

quote:

Everyone's entitled to their opinion

Posts like this one have far more validity when you don't blatantly contradict yourself within the same post.

Part of the free flow of opinion means people are going to have stupid opinions. If someone's opinion of you or anyone else is inherently false or ridiculous, as you claim it to be, you should have no actual reason to care.

What are you talking about? One has nothing to do with the other so there's no contradiction.

If someone makes a "stupid".. or I would say uninformed or ignorant.. opinion then they have every right to do that. But I have every right to call them out on their ignorance.

If you don't want to care, that's your business. But if I want to call someone out for being ignorant then that's my perogative if I want to speak out on that or not.

Let's say one certain Keyon Dooling fan says something that's pretty universally referred to as ignorant.

That doesn't mean that from then on I'm gonna view ALL Keyon Dooling fans as ignorant! I'm sorry, but that's an asinine and generalized view to take in my opinion.

It's generally ignorant to take a certain view of a player and hang on to that view no matter what developments come up further down the line and it's definitely not the brightest thing to do to try to fit Magic fans in little boxes and categories based on the views of a few people.

And sorry, just like I think everyone has the right to have their opinion, I also think everyone else has the right to dispute an opinion, especially one that is just uninformed. Thinking all Redick fans want to sabotage all other SGs on the team and he should be carried on and off the court on a throne is an example of an uninformed or at the very least simplistic opinion.

So I don't know what exactly you're talking about when you say I'm contradicting myself when I say those two things because you can have an overall opinion without making blanket statements about people. I know for me personally I try very hard to not do that.