Sign in to follow this  
MagicFanBen

Will there be a trade?

quote:
Nelson/Critt/AJ (dunno if we would still need that guy we just signed)

Pietrus/JJ/Lee

Shard/?/Pietrus

Gortat/Cookie/Foyle

Howard/Battie/Foyle

This line-up is absurd. If Gortat is our best starting option at PF we are not beating any great teams. He is a back-up, I dont care what he said in his interview. Second, get over Critt, your obsessed.

The Boozer scenario is ridiculously absurd as well.

Seriously, our best option is Hedo for Haslem or Wilcox. If you disagree, at least throw out some legit ideas.

quote:
Originally posted by FloridianaJones:

quote:

Pietrus/JJ/Lee

Shard/?/Pietrus

Gortat/Cookie/Foyle

Howard/Battie/Foyle

This line-up is absurd. If Gortat is our best starting option at PF we are not beating any great teams. He is a back-up, I dont care what he said in his interview. Second, get over Critt, your obsessed.

Seriously, our best option is Hedo for Haslem or Wilcox. If you disagree, at least throw out some legit ideas.

What about Collison? Wilcox's contract is up at the end of the year. I can't believe Wilcox is OKC's highest paid player @ $6.75 mil

Nick Collison just might be our best solution. Collison already has about 3years left on his contract so if we trade for him now we would have him locked up for the next 3years. Hes a 10ppg 10rpg guy with good defense and will allow Lewis to play majority of his minutes at the 3. A rotation of Battie Cook Collison and Howard as our bigs would be the best look for us. Nelson and Lewis game will pick up with Turk out of the lineup. I honestly believe this was Otis plan all along. Every commercial you always see the big 3 of Lewis Nelson Howard, no Turk. Them 3 players are the future of the Magic. Sorry Turk, but OKC will be able to give Turk the amount of money that he wants. He will play alongside Durant and will fit well.

Nelson

Pietrus

Lewis

Collison

Howard

Championship

quote:
Originally posted by murphy13:

my vote is for collison and a future first if possible for hedo. OKC would be a good fit for hedo.

Me too. A 1st rd pick and Collison for Hedo is a good deal. Lets go Otis, complete our team. Battie and Cook off the bench backing Howard and Collison would pretty much set us.

quote:
Originally posted by FloridianaJones:

quote:

Pietrus/JJ/Lee

Shard/?/Pietrus

Gortat/Cookie/Foyle

Howard/Battie/Foyle

there's nothing really absurd about it. where were we hurting the most? rebounding and defense. and what does gortat do? rebound. i mean are you even watching the games? i'm so sick of everyone saying offense offense offense like some kind of broken record.

this team already has lots of offense. it needs some defense. and while i WAS on board turk's bandwagon, i'm off now, and i'd like to see him get traded. but i don't think we need to trade probably our biggest asset to obtain something we probably already have.

we've got like 5 bigs. how many do we need?? the ones we've got will do fine FOR WHAT WE NEED THEM TO DO. you start bringing in wilcox or collison, now during the offseason we're retooling everything instead of just tweaking what was already working...

Gortat Foyle Cook contracts ends at the end of this season. If we can get a serviceable pf for Turk and a 1st round pick then that will help us. That 1st round pick we can use to go after the top pgs in the draft. Collison has about 3years left on his contract so we wont have to worry about him for a while. The only big we will have left would be Battie. So we have to plan ahead.

OKC has 2 SF already and to be honest, they don't need a 3rd.

They have Durant and Jeff Green at the 3, Wilcox and Collison at the 4 or 5, but they are both better suited at the 4.

They have Westbrook as their SG and not a solid point guard.

They aren't going to give up a first round pick and wilcox/collison for Turk who plays the same position as one of the best 2nd year players in the league and Jeff Green who is very good also.

To be honest, the "Thunder" wouldn't trade for hedo IMO because it wouldn't work with what they are trying to do, re-build!

Honestly, if think if there will be a trade it would be a trade involving Hedo or a trade that would give us more expiring deals.

More expiring deals would mean we are more likely to hold on to Hedo and re-sign him on FA next year.

quote:
Originally posted by UhOhItsMagicH7:

OKC has 2 SF already and to be honest, they don't need a 3rd.

They have Durant and Jeff Green at the 3, Wilcox and Collison at the 4 or 5, but they are both better suited at the 4.

They have Westbrook as their SG and not a solid point guard.

They aren't going to give up a first round pick and wilcox/collison for Turk who plays the same position as one of the best 2nd year players in the league and Jeff Green who is very good also.

To be honest, the "Thunder" wouldn't trade for hedo IMO because it wouldn't work with what they are trying to do, re-build!

They wouldn't want veteran leadership to mentor Durrant?

why dont we just hold what we got! how bout that, we made it to the second round, i believe 2010 is our year. pluss if we hold what we got and build some great hype arround dwight and our team then we got a shot at one of the blockbusters in 2010 ie. lebron, mellow, wade, bosh....and the list goes on.... just my thought

i think we could get durrant to, im sure he dont want to be okc.