Sign in to follow this  
Adam_Magic

Football is here!

quote:
Originally posted by Hutchence:

quote:
Originally posted by nbr:

All I need now is a team, right now I like those Bears.

Excellent choice, Urlacher is a beast!

"I, Brian Urlacher, challenge you to an honor du-el!"

quote:
Originally posted by Adam_Magic:

There is no doubt the Pat's have a good D but the reason they were so good last year was Tom Brady. They still have a legit threat in Moss and he is such a good receiver he will make any QB look good BUT it wasnt just Brady's ability to make the pass that helped them dominate.

When the QB is that good it means defenders have to focus on them 100% of the time which means the running game can sometimes be overlooked . The Pats do not have the best backs in the league by a long shot, in fact they are quite average. This means without Brady the aerial threat is immediately decreased and the running game can be more of a focus for the opposing D.

The same has happened but in reverse in New York, now that Favre is there you could immediately seen an improvement in Thomas Jones game yesterday.

The highlighted point was touched on in reference to Brodie Croyle. In a different regard of course. On Brady, past super bowls have shown me how influential he really is. I'm aware of that. Its unquestionable the effect that such a player can have on his team, yet I still felt I was looking at a quality team with many strengths, which is the reason why I found it interesting to how quickly they'd been written off. Mind you, that's why I mentioned you must pardon my lack of knowledge (laughs).

Bears looked very good last night. Orton gave them steady QB play and the defense contained the Colts all night.

Steelers might the best in the AFC after Brady went down and Peyton Manning is still struggling recovering from knee surgery.

The Saints showed yesterday they are gonna be a contender in the nFC, Bush looks much more polished this year and he is going to have a hell of a year. The Bucs are gonna be lucky to be a .500 team, maybe instead of griping about the bucs going after Favre and his contract Garcia should have spent the summer actually training.

Well it's now official...

Patriots quarterback Tom Brady will undergo surgery on an injured left knee and miss the rest of the season, the team announced Monday.

"After extensive tests this morning, it was revealed that New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady's left knee, which was injured in the first quarter of yesterday's game, will require surgery," the team said in a statement. "He will be placed on injured reserve and will miss the remainder of the 2008 season."

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3575339

Huge loss for the Pats, I didn't realise he has started 128 consecutive games! NBR that stat right there tells you alot about why they wont be the same team without him, he knows that offense and playbook like the back of his hand. It will take a new QB alot longer to get to grips with it all!

quote:
Originally posted by richnba:

The Saints showed yesterday they are gonna be a contender in the nFC, Bush looks much more polished this year and he is going to have a hell of a year. The Bucs are gonna be lucky to be a .500 team, maybe instead of griping about the bucs going after Favre and his contract Garcia should have spent the summer actually training.

I agree Rich, I was impressed with the Saints resilience in this game and Bush looked like a stud for the first time in his NFL career!

I have to also agree about the Bucs, everyone in the NFC south looks to have stepped it up, but remember it is only week 1 so there is a long way to go!

Its amazing how fast he experts shift, one minute the Patriots are great all the way down to the water boy, now Brady is gone and all the sudden he was the team.

Also this Matt Cassel how did he make it to the NFL, a career backup in college, how did he get drafted? Talk about a chance

The Brady injury from Simmons perspective! Funny stuff!

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/080909

I have very few rules in life, but this is one of them: Anytime something happens in a Patriots game that prompts more than 350 readers to e-mail me with some sort of Tom Brady-Jason Street "Friday Night Lights" connection, I have to sort things out with an all-Brady mailbag. As always, these are actual e-mails from actual readers:

Q: Give us a retroactive running diary of your thoughts from 10:14 a.m. PT to bedtime on Sunday, Sept. 7, 2008. Did you go through the seven stages of grief? Did you cry? My roommate thinks you cried. I don't think you cried but you probably looked like Coach K every time Duke is about to get eliminated from the NCAA Tournament, glassy-eyed with a quivering lip. Just go through the whole day for us. Yes, these are your readers.

-- Kenny, Ann Arbor, Mich.

Believe it, Pats fans: The Tom Brady show has been postponed to 2009.

SG: Really, it wasn't exciting enough for a diary. I was catatonic for about 20 minutes. I called my dad a few times. I thought about the bad karma from last season and all those Eff-You TDs that apparently came back to haunt the Pats. I tried to figure out who was in more trouble: the 2008 Pats or my 2008 West Coast fantasy team. (The answer: both.) I found myself looking for Brady's ACL anytime the ball was near the 50-yard line. I kept swearing at Dan Dierdorf, who apparently got a $1,000 bonus every time he mentioned Brady's injury, only I couldn't mute the TV because of the 1 percent chance the crowd would start randomly cheering as Greg Gumbel yelped, "And here comes Tom Brady out of the tunnel!"

By the second half, when it was apparent Brady wasn't returning, I zipped through the last six stages of grief and knew he was done for the season. Then the Pats nearly blew the game, momentarily distracting me and everyone else because -- let's face it -- they needed the win, and you can never count out a Bill Belichick team with an easy schedule. (Just humor me.) By midafternoon, the Pats were 1-0 and I was talking myself into Matt Cassel or Vinny Testaverde while secretly hoping Brady would return after the Week 4 bye. And then the Grim Reaper came in the form of a text from a well-connected buddy at 4:32 p.m. PT: Brady was done.

What a surreal feeling when your season gets assassinated before it really starts. It has happened only two other times with my teams -- Nomar's wrist injury right before the 2001 season, and Bird's heel surgery six games into the 1988-89 season -- and each time Boston had a shred of hope to recover in time for the stretch run. (Of course, neither the '01 Sox or '88-89 Celts did.) Getting final word on the Brady injury felt like being an actor on a cop show and identifying a murder victim at the morgue: Yep, that's it. That's the 2008 Pats season. You can pull the sheet back over it. Thanks.

I think that the Giants vs Colts will be this years superbowl. Manning vs Manning AGAIN!!!!

Another thing, i wish the Bucs wouldve defended the Saints better. But they just have too many offensive weapons. All starting with that **** Drew Brees. I just hope my Bucs can get their defense back to where it used to be. And please, Run the **** ball more next game. OMG. We looked really bad on offense defense and special teams. If this doesnt improve, my Bucs season will look like were tanking games to pickup Tim Tebow in the draft. Maybe we should. I dont know. But im so glad football is back. So boring without it.