Sign in to follow this  
Adam_Magic

Football is here!

Man I am pumped for the new season, I love the Magic but for me football is the best game on the planet!

So prediction wise, who do you guys think will;

1) Win it all

2) Most improved team

for me I think New England will be strong again and have a lot to prove after last season, I also think the Cowboys will excel with Romo's game continually improving and Marion Barber as the featured back.

I always like the Chargers to make a run but they cant seem to get the consistency going.

I think the most improved team will be the Jets because the addition of Favre will open up so many more options on offense and improve the running game as defenses will have to focus on the QB threat. I also think a healthy Calvin Pace is going to help them a great deal!

Man I am pumped for the new season, I love the Magic but for me football is the best game on the planet!

So prediction wise, who do you guys think will;

1) Win it all

2) Most improved team

for me I think New England will be strong again and have a lot to prove after last season, I also think the Cowboys will excel with Romo's game continually improving and Marion Barber as the featured back.

I always like the Chargers to make a run but they cant seem to get the consistency going.

I think the most improved team will be the Jets because the addition of Favre will open up so many more options on offense and improve the running game as defenses will have to focus on the QB threat. I also think a healthy Calvin Pace is going to help them a great deal!

I think the Patriots, best team in last decade, will win it all and continue their Dinasty.

Their main rivals will be Indy, Chargers and Cowboys, in my opinion.

Most improved team: I agree with Adam, the Jets now with Favre will be pretty good this year.

quote:
Originally posted by ManuGinobili:

I think the Patriots, best team in last decade, will win it all and continue their Dinasty.

Their main rivals will be Indy, Chargers and Cowboys, in my opinion.

Most improved team: I agree with Adam, the Jets now with Favre will be pretty good this year.

pats wont win with brady out for season

I am stoked because one of our National channels over here acquired CBS games for their HD channel.

I watched my first league game ever last night, (lol) Its a crazy game. It looks spectacular, the tactical aspects of the sport and the fans love it. I watched the Pats v Chiefs in the wee hours of the morning, the final minutes of the Jets v Dolphins and caught a glimpse of the Colts v Bears. Apart from the slowness of the game, which isn't a problem unless your telecast provider uses every opportunity for commercials, it was a real pleasure to watch.

I've followed the NFL for sometime. Always watch the Superbowl and have a relative who's crazy about his Chiefs (represented Aust in Gridiron as they use to call it).

All I need now is a team, right now I like those Bears.

The last play of the Panthers-Chargers game proves why football is the most exciting and nail biting game on the planet, 2 seconds on the clock pump fake by Delhomme and then a sweet pass through 2 defenders for the win! Amazing stuff!

Huge news regarding Brady though, there is no way the Pats win it all without him! As DOM said fantasy teams all over the country just lost their no.1 pick!!

You'll have to pardon my lack of knowledge.

Watching the Patriots last night, they looked pretty solid. The commentators through out the game touched on how strong they are defensively, with that and from my own judgment they seemed pretty efficient on offense. They are surely a real threat even without Brady, are they not?

I'm like a sponge at the moment with this game.

quote:
Originally posted by nbr:

Watching the Patriots last night, they looked pretty solid. The commentators through out the game touched on how strong they are defensively, with that and from my own judgment they seemed pretty efficient on offense. They are surely a real threat even without Brady, are they not?

There is no doubt the Pat's have a good D but the reason they were so good last year was Tom Brady. They still have a legit threat in Moss and he is such a good receiver he will make any QB look good BUT it wasnt just Brady's ability to make the pass that helped them dominate.

When the QB is that good it means defenders have to focus on them 100% of the time which means the running game can sometimes be overlooked. The Pats do not have the best backs in the league by a long shot, in fact they are quite average. This means without Brady the aerial threat is immediately decreased and the running game can be more of a focus for the opposing D.

The same has happened but in reverse in New York, now that Favre is there you could immediately seen an improvement in Thomas Jones game yesterday.

quote:
Originally posted by nbr:

Remember what the 90s Bulls were like without Jordan? It's the same principle. You take a great player off a great team, they'll still be a very good team; they just won't be great anymore.