jack daniel 999

Magic happenings - Site adm. REALGM

quote:
Originally posted by Natmayo:

quote:
Originally posted by TheJambo:

quote:
Originally posted by Soul Bro:

As I wrote on another thread, an inside source said that right now the Magic plan on trading Turk at the deadline b/c of finances.

Just curious if the source said why they are waiting until the deadline, instead of looking to trade him now??

Probably because you can spend the first half of the season evaluating where you are and probably make a nice deal with Turk and an other or two to really shore up your weakness and get ready for the playoffs.

Im with Smack on Turks salary demands. Turk has had really ONE all star level year and they're talking 15 mil a year?

If thats the case, good luck to you pal, not in Orlando (I hope anyway)

But, most teams that made significant moves at the deadline got worse and not better, it takes time to gel as a team, and not sure there would be enough time at that point to be real contenders, considering we would have to change our whole philosophy, not having Hedo to run the offense...

Plus, Hedo has his highest trade value now, and could go dramatically down if he does not have as good of season as he did last year, or even worse he could get hurt and have absolutely no value.....

that doesnt make sense. if we were planning on trading him...then why wouldnt we wait until next summer so we could do a sign and trade...get some really good players in return-or maybe a combo of some decent players and a trade exception if they are really intent on cutting payroll.

if we are going to be as good as expected, i really think that ownership wont have a problem paying lux tax to keep turk, just my opinion.

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Natmayo:

quote:

quote:

As I wrote on another thread, an inside source said that right now the Magic plan on trading Turk at the deadline b/c of finances.

Just curious if the source said why they are waiting until the deadline, instead of looking to trade him now??

Probably because you can spend the first half of the season evaluating where you are and probably make a nice deal with Turk and an other or two to really shore up your weakness and get ready for the playoffs.

Im with Smack on Turks salary demands. Turk has had really ONE all star level year and they're talking 15 mil a year?

If thats the case, good luck to you pal, not in Orlando (I hope anyway)

But, most teams that made significant moves at the deadline got worse and not better, it takes time to gel as a team, and not sure there would be enough time at that point to be real contenders, considering we would have to change our whole philosophy, not having Hedo to run the offense...

Plus, Hedo has his highest trade value now, and could go dramatically down if he does not have as good of season as he did last year, or even worse he could get hurt and have absolutely no value.....

You have a point about his trade value, but Im hoping that we dont lean on Hedo as much as we did last year. I really believe that Jameer is gonna step it up a bit (another year learning SVG's system)

Not to mention I think weve upgraded at the SG spot, which should lead to added playmaking ability at the 2.

I still believe that Hedo should be our 6th man this year. It provides great punch from the bench and it also gets the starting lineup some good chemistry burn, just in case we dont have Hedo after next year.

The small ball lineup works well in spots and in others it doesnt. Battie, provided hes in good shape and is doing his job, IMO should start at the 4 with Lewis going back to the 3.

But you have good points and time will tell if it works out our way or not

The really worst thing that can happen if Hedo doesnt duplicate last years output is that he goes back to the 12-13 ppg scorer that he was before last year and at his current salary, hes a bargain.

If he duplicates last year, then we options depending on what we think we can do. Hes a tremendous trading piece at the deadline, and the Magic can decide after next season if they want to spend the money or not. (Although if its any more than 10 mil, I hope we do not)

quote:

This was said post-draft and pre-free agency. I am sure things could change between now and then, as they already have to some degree. I will let you all know if I hear anything else.

quote:
Originally posted by jack daniel 999:

It focuses on the rumored Keyon Dooling trade, Javaris Crittenton, the new additions, The next possible player to be squeezed by the Luxury Tax and the FSN TV Dispute.

1. Magic Could Get More Then Exception From Dooling Trade

2. Reviewing Pietrus and Johnson Signings

3. Hedo Turkoglu Might Be Next To Feel Luxury Tax Crunch

4. FSN Florida Fiasco

http://magic.realgm.com/articles/65/20080721/magic_happenings/

He covers covers all these subjects and is quite informative on them..

not a bad article for Site Adm.

F*** Alex Martins and Dick DeVos for not using what little brains they have when doing this deal with FSN. This front office seems to go out of the way to screw their fans and this city.

Interesting about Hedo's asking price. Maybe that's where the 13-15 mil thing is coming from...rumblings from his camp? If he's really wanting that, it'll be interesting to see what they do. Move him for a sure thing, or try and wait out that another team isn't going to pay him that.

quote:
Originally posted by CaliMagicFan:

Interesting about Hedo's asking price. Maybe that's where the 13-15 mil thing is coming from...rumblings from his camp? If he's really wanting that, it'll be interesting to see what they do. Move him for a sure thing, or try and wait out that another team isn't going to pay him that.

Im sure there will be many teams willing to spend their 15 mil to a talented player like hedo next year. Of course if he is not forced to sit at bench like natmayo said.

I realy cant understand how some of you are still suspicious about his value after his consistent 80 games under new role on the team.

Wouldn't be surprise if what he posted in the article is true. Howard is on of the guys on RGM that has an inside connection.

quote:
Originally posted by SarGe:

Im sure there will be many teams willing to spend their 15 mil to a talented player like hedo next year.

Alright, I'll bite: Which teams do you think will be willing to pay Hedo that much, and what on Earth makes you think that Hedo deserves to make more money per year than, for example, Lebron James. Or Dwight Howard, for that matter.