Sign in to follow this  
ball junkie

Denton's in the HOUSE!!! Magic trying to trade for Crittenton(link)

quote:
Originally posted by Luke_FfS:

quote:
Originally posted by Soul Bro:

Everything is silent right now with our sources.

However, Otis being in Vegas right now speaks volumes, imo.

And a lot of times silence is a good sign...

Agreed

quote:
Originally posted by Nick Anderson 4 President:

I agree, I would not think he would just show up to have idle chit with the Grizz GM!!!

quote:
Originally posted by otownmagic333:

What a waste reading last 6 pages.

So nothing new?

Exactly why I'm suggesting that any NEW information coming from our usual suspects is placed on a brand new thread.

quote:
Originally posted by EnFuego:

quote:

What a waste reading last 6 pages.

So nothing new?

Exactly why I'm suggesting that any NEW information coming from our usual suspects is placed on a brand new thread.

Sounds good. Will do.

quote:
Originally posted by MilitaryMagic:

::applies CPR::

We should trade Hedo for Haslem. Anyone else agree???

No, I think we should trade JJ, cook and a future first and even a future 2nd if necessary. It sounds like Otis and hedo may have a deal before the trade deadline that is reasonable.

I would trade Jameer for Crittenton straight up

Knowing Otis always gets the worst end of trades he might offer someone else too like Augie or JJ. I'd give them Cook.

quote:
Originally posted by CarlosDarwin:

Emory posted:

quote:
I really don't want to hijack this thread but really Military? I know Johnson isn't a sexy signing but he is solid.

Why Emory...why AJ isn't sexy? Did he beat the Dream Team? jejejeje!

...but I agree, AJ is solid, however, a little too old, and in case Jameer goes out for an extended period of time ( as he used to last season) we are in trouble!

Good lord Darwin, I swear you go through ever page on this forum looking for even the most subtle Carlos reference. This thread doesn't have a discernable topic anymore so I'll answer your question. The worst case scenario is this turns into another Arroyo thread....which doesn't matter because its basically dead anyway.

Anthony Johnson isn't a "sexy" signing because unless you are really familiar with the NBA you probably haven't heard of him. He is 33 so he clearly doesn't have any potential to improve. He isn't a game changing kind of player....meaning that he can't be relied on to go out and win a game on his own. I still really like him though based on reasons that I have listed on several occasions.

In case you were curious, I would put Carlos in the not very sexy category as well. I don't think most every day fans outside of Puerto Rico know who Carlos is. He's also past the age of drastically improving his game. I would say he has the ability to win a game on a given night but he certainly has never demonstrated the abillity to do it consistently. The big difference is that Johnson is a very good defender and Carlos is a terrible one. Since Jameer is also a poor defender it makes sense to get someone that can defend to back Jameer up. I know you will twist this around into another Otis Smith conspiracy but I'm pretty sure that my view on this subject is fairly similar to what the Magic front office was looking at.

I won't even bother with your Olympics comment. Its so ridiculous it doesn't even deserve a response.

When someone has a Crittenton update can you start a new thread with the current date or something - this thread is just tough to search through. Thanks.

quote:
quote:

Originally posted by CarlosDarwin:

Emory posted:

quote:

I really don't want to hijack this thread but really Military? I know Johnson isn't a sexy signing but he is solid.

CD:

Why Emory...why AJ isn't sexy? Did he beat the Dream Team? jejejeje!

...but I agree, AJ is solid, however, a little too old, and in case Jameer goes out for an extended period of time ( as he used to last season) we are in trouble!

Emory:

Good lord Darwin, I swear you go through ever page on this forum looking for even the most subtle Carlos reference. This thread doesn't have a discernable topic anymore so I'll answer your question. The worst case scenario is this turns into another Arroyo thread....which doesn't matter because its basically dead anyway.

Anthony Johnson isn't a "sexy" signing because unless you are really familiar with the NBA you probably haven't heard of him. He is 33 so he clearly doesn't have any potential to improve. He isn't a game changing kind of player....meaning that he can't be relied on to go out and win a game on his own. I still really like him though based on reasons that I have listed on several occasions.

In case you were curious, I would put Carlos in the not very sexy category as well. I don't think most every day fans outside of Puerto Rico know who Carlos is. He's also past the age of drastically improving his game. I would say he has the ability to win a game on a given night but he certainly has never demonstrated the abillity to do it consistently. The big difference is that Johnson is a very good defender and Carlos is a terrible one. Since Jameer is also a poor defender it makes sense to get someone that can defend to back Jameer up. I know you will twist this around into another Otis Smith conspiracy but I'm pretty sure that my view on this subject is fairly similar to what the Magic front office was looking at.

I won't even bother with your Olympics comment. Its so ridiculous it doesn't even deserve a response.

My God Emory, it was only a joke!

I'm predicting Bogans and a lotto-protected 2009 first rounder for Critt.

We'll give up the 1st rounder for salary cap purposes, which is sort of a win-all-the-way-around for Otis, b/c it helps free up even more space to resign our good man Hedo.

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Luke_FfS:

quote:

Everything is silent right now with our sources.

And a lot of times silence is a good sign...

Agreed

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^