Sign in to follow this  
jack daniel 999

LOCK DOWN - PIETRUS

Lewis4thewin, he was saying he's Ariza IF he can shoot.. Keyon Dooling shoots better from 3 than Ariza, for goodness' sake.

I think he was talking about being able to do it or not, not necessarily degrees of shooting, LOL. Might I also add Ariza, with shooting, and less bad fouls?

(For the record, Pietrus shot 36.1% from 3 Land last season.)

quote:
Originally posted by Lewis4thewin:

quote:
Originally posted by lp1230:

quote:
Originally posted by gporter:

quote:
Originally posted by lp1230:

we pretty much gained everything we lost in Ariza, but a better shooter

Ariza can shoot?

No?? I was saying Pietrus can shoot..come on bro...u seriously think I would say Ariza can shoot?

saying someone is a better shooter than ariza isnt really saying anything at all. I mean comeon!!! Dick Cheaney can shoot better than Ariza.

Dick has proven that he can shoot. Don't let him fool you, he was aiming for the old man's face.

He is a good defender, but if you guys think he is going to "shut down" the Wades, Lebrons, Ben Gordons, Hamiltons, Joe Johnson, Michael Redds of the NBA your kidding yourself. He may make them work harder but those guys are going to score.

quote:
Originally posted by random:

As long as they wont have career and season highs against us.

And I would add, make it harder for them in our building!!!!!! So those guy's will hate comming in here!!!!!

This was truly a great signing. Pietrus a straight out energy player that plays great defense and has a long range shot. Like a young Bruce Bowens but with more energy and quickness. I was hoping we got him last season cause we could have really used him in alot of games were other teams sgs scorched us. But he's here now and thats great. All we need now is a banger down low to play the 4. He doesnt have to start, but just be included in the rotation. Also a veteren defensive minded pg would be nice as well. Were definitely on our way to be contenders for years to come. Nice move Otis.

Nice move it he does not foul out by the 3Q or turn the ball over.

Trust me Pietrus is not the answer, he is a nice pickup but really does not take us to the next level. Here are the issues

- He can't move with the ball so you now need Nelson or Hedo to start the offense. We know how that works out!

- He gets into foul trouble early and often so the rookie will get playing time

- He defense is good but not great but it might be great in the future.

quote:
Originally posted by bringithomerashard:

He is a good defender, but if you guys think he is going to "shut down" the Wades, Lebrons, Ben Gordons, Hamiltons, Joe Johnson, Michael Redds of the NBA your kidding yourself. He may make them work harder but those guys are going to score.

Way bad example, Ben Gordon isn't going to score.

I really dont get why this board feels we need a PF. Can somebody please explain WHY? We won 50+ game with Shard and no Battie. Our PF position didnt get us eliminated by the Pistons.

My reasoning for us not making it to the Finals and not Winning it all. One, we turned the ball over to much in crucial situations mainly speaking Turk. Obviously he was our main go to guy last year he isnt to seasoned yet to be THAT GUY. 2 our bench, most of us thought our bench was pretty good and I think we overrate things sometimes. We wernt that special on the bench. Im fine with Meer at the starting Point now with Pietrus their on his side. With Pietrus size as well as Turk's, Shards and Superman we would have to incorporate team rebounding with all this size, instead of Dwight getting 20 boards and Shard getting 8. When Dwight can get 12-15 Shard 7-8, turk 7-8 and Pietrus 7-8 more balanced now. Now if we get a solid big PG and slide JJ/Lee as backup SG and Battie/Cook as backup PF and Gortat as C. All we have to do is keep either Turk/Shard/Pietrus on the floor at SF. Now u see our potential in SVG rotations. We will then have Depth on the Bench, we can play small/big at times we have a lockdown defender to neutralize the other teams scorer and we have the best Big Man in the league. Im sorry, I think we can Win it all right now not in 3-4 years RIGHT NOW! All we need is one piece a Backup PG. JD Do U BELIEVE NOW!!!

Pietrus is going to be a great help on our defense.

We all know we can score, but our weekness was defending on the perimeter.

I think we have a better handle on that now with Lee and Piet.

Plus I like the fact that the guys is a high flyer, much like Ariza... except with a shot.

quote:
Originally posted by iamthe_1:

I really dont get why this board feels we need a PF. Can somebody please explain WHY? We won 50+ game with Shard and no Battie. Our PF position didnt get us eliminated by the Pistons.

My reasoning for us not making it to the Finals and not Winning it all. One, we turned the ball over to much in crucial situations mainly speaking Turk. Obviously he was our main go to guy last year he isnt to seasoned yet to be THAT GUY. 2 our bench, most of us thought our bench was pretty good and I think we overrate things sometimes. We wernt that special on the bench. Im fine with Meer at the starting Point now with Pietrus their on his side. With Pietrus size as well as Turk's, Shards and Superman we would have to incorporate team rebounding with all this size, instead of Dwight getting 20 boards and Shard getting 8. When Dwight can get 12-15 Shard 7-8, turk 7-8 and Pietrus 7-8 more balanced now. Now if we get a solid big PG and slide JJ/Lee as backup SG and Battie/Cook as backup PF and Gortat as C. All we have to do is keep either Turk/Shard/Pietrus on the floor at SF. Now u see our potential in SVG rotations. We will then have Depth on the Bench, we can play small/big at times we have a lockdown defender to neutralize the other teams scorer and we have the best Big Man in the league. Im sorry, I think we can Win it all right now not in 3-4 years RIGHT NOW! All we need is one piece a Backup PG. JD Do U BELIEVE NOW!!!

The thing about the PF position is that we have one true PF in Battie. Auggie is a PF, but Im not sure if SVG will use him behind Battie.

Also if Battie re-injures himself then we are left in a bind of who to put back there.

We could go with Lewis, but Lewis playing the PF put alot of wear and tear on him and his game, which was reflected in his production at times.

Lets face it, Lewis is not the banger PF that Battie is.

Then you have to look around the NBA at the other PF's we are going to face and ask yourself, "Can Lewis of who ever else you put out there besides Battie, bang with the opposing PF, night in and night out"

And then you have to look at the games when were simply man handled, because we werent aggressive enough on defense, or not physical enough.

So yeah we still need a PF, not just for being physical, but also to help defeat the zone, help Dwight rebound, help with interior defense, and so forth.

Battis is adequate, but who behind him can keep it going?

quote:
Originally posted by iamthe_1:

How many 2nd chance points did we give up to Detroit? It was hard enough to get a stop, when we did we gave up quite a few at crucial times. It's also not fair to expect that Dwight has 20-20's every night out during the playoffs.

We did win a bunch of games with the small ball lineup but we have to be able to play big when the need arises. It's easy enough to say that Rashard should get 7-8 boards and so should Turk but it's much tougher for them to do that because they play so much on the perimeter on offense and they are guarding guys that are on the perimeter on D. They could do better but I wouldn't bank on that.

Pietrus is going to help but I would feel a whole lot better knowing that we can bring in a guy to at the very least put a body on the other teams 4 so Dwight isn't fighting off 2-3 guys for every rebound.