Sign in to follow this  
Tough Break There

Time to Start Talking

Alright, I realize our spot is not for sure, but....It's time to start taking it to the Piston fans. They may beat us, but I assure you this Piston team would rather play the pathetic Pacers or the Old Nets then face our energetic and annoying team. Here's to Dwight and Darko leaving bruises on lazy C-Web's face...And you should prepare, that awful excuse for a city Detroit, your day is coming...

Alright, I realize our spot is not for sure, but....It's time to start taking it to the Piston fans. They may beat us, but I assure you this Piston team would rather play the pathetic Pacers or the Old Nets then face our energetic and annoying team. Here's to Dwight and Darko leaving bruises on lazy C-Web's face...And you should prepare, that awful excuse for a city Detroit, your day is coming...

We were just talking about this very subject the other day on another thread. So, instead of re-typing my thoughts I'll just re-post them. I think this is pretty self-explanatory.

quote:

Is there any team that gets under your skin more than the Pistons?

Am I the only Magic fan that feels like that?(lol) Better to laugh than cry I guess.

Seriously, you guys know the recent history between the Pistons and the Magic since the Grant Hill trade. It seems like they own us in every category.....trades, wins, championships and last but certainly not least "talking trash to Magic fans to rub it our faces"!

I could not believe what happened the last time the Pistons came to Orlando. And I'm surprised nobody mentioned it the next day on these boards.

I've attended a lot of Magic games in my day but I'll never forget walking out of Amway Arena that night and hoards of Detroit fans chanting, "DDDDEEEETTTTRRRROOOOIIIITTTT BBBBAAAASSSSKKKKEEEETTTTBBBBAAAALLLLLLLL"!!!

They were everywhere! As I was walking out of the Arena I spoke to some other Magic fans and said, "isn't this the Magic's home arena"? The person said "yeah, it's unbelievable isn't it"!

Magic fans had to walk out of our own arena being humiliated by hundreds of "trash talking Piston fans"!

I "HATED" every second of that walk to my car that night.

One more thing, if there is such a thing as what goes around comes around or every dog has his day or sooner or later the tide will turn back in the Magic's favor, I hope it starts tommorrow night.

Even better would be beating them in the playoffs.

Please don't tell me you gotta wait a while longer Junkie cause I can't stand losing everything to them anymore!(lol)

True that!!!

Alright junkie, now I'm pissed.

DDDDDDEEEEEETTTTTRRRRROOOOOOOIIIIIIITTTTTTT HHHHHAAASSSSSSSS dire economic issues, a decreasing population of nearly 200,000 since 1990, is entirely dependent on a failing automotive industry, according to last years statistics is the 2nd most dangerous city in the U.S., has a high suicide rate, and the temperature often falls below zero. DDDDDDDEEETTTTTRRRRROOOOIITTT SSSSUUUUCCCCCKKKKKSSSS!

quote:
Originally posted by WPMagic:

DDDDDDEEEEEETTTTTRRRRROOOOOOOIIIIIIITTTTTTT HHHHHAAASSSSSSSS dire economic issues, a decreasing population of nearly 200,000 since 1990, is entirely dependent on a failing automotive industry, according to last years statistics is the 2nd most dangerous city in the U.S., has a high suicide rate, and the temperature often falls below zero. DDDDDDDEEETTTTTRRRRROOOOIITTT SSSSUUUUCCCCCKKKKKSSSS!

and they also have a gangster PA announcer

quote:
Originally posted by WPMagic:

Wow, that sucks... Hard to begrudge them a good basketball team. No, wait. **** Detroit.

Thanks a lot, guys. I mean, as a Piston fan, who came over with the Darko/Arroyo trade, I feel... well, hated. I root for two teams. Sure, I'm going to hate if the two meet in the playoffs for I want them both to win. However, this hatred for a team for:

1. A strong fan base that will make away games seem like home games and

2. Their home city

Those are some lame things. If you all were honest, you'd say you hate the Pistons because of their success.

I believe the Magic are an up and coming team, but don't forget that Detroit lived throught the "teal years!" (shudder!) The Magic have struggled because their management has had a combo of bad luck and stupid choices. Honestly, choosing Dwight over Emeka was stupid. Worked out in hind sight, but at the time -- stupid. Joe Dumars turned the team around. If the Magic want to be a contender, they've got to start making the right choices.