Sign in to follow this  
ball junkie

Why the Magic didn't buy a second round pick (Mr. John Denton)

quote:
Originally posted by The Solution:

quote:
Originally posted by Jareth Cutestory:

quote:

The Magic are not going to say that they paid too much for Lewis and that expect to be over the luxurt tax level this year.... SO THEY SAY THIS.

Is that the only thing you know how to post?

No, I predicted that we would only go with #22 pick and you thought that was nonsense. This forum may not work for you.

Relax and go off topic and do some Locats.

I'm sorry for questioning you Solution. Maybe someday I can own a pair of big boy pants like you and predict the future like us selecting #22 in the draft. Let me go back to posting lolcats which I apparently do on a daily basis since this internet forum is too much for me to handle.

quote:

quote:

quote:

The Magic are not going to say that they paid too much for Lewis and that expect to be over the luxurt tax level this year.... SO THEY SAY THIS.

Is that the only thing you know how to post?

No, I predicted that we would only go with #22 pick and you thought that was nonsense. This forum may not work for you.

Relax and go off topic and do some Locats.

lolcat.jpg

quote:

I'm sorry for questioning you Solution. Maybe someday I can own a pair of big boy pants like you and predict the future like us selecting #22 in the draft. Let me go back to posting lolcats which I apparently do on a daily basis since this internet forum is too much for me to handle.

If you would stop your nasty comments you would not hear anything negative from me. I have a son that is a lot like you and we have a blast going back and forth. I love the guy!!! Lighten up and will get along just fine.

ADDED:

Thanks WPMagic I needed that. Feel much better.

quote:
Originally posted by emory889:

I wish I knew how much we sold our picks for last year. I have a hard time believing it was much less that 200k.

I remember the number being $150,000 ea.

quote:
Originally posted by WPMagic:

quote:
Originally posted by Marc Acres 3:16:

quote:

They had 2 guys that they wanted and they were accounted for.

Why waste the money if you know that the player won't fit your team.

No other 4 was worth a 150-200K gamble in a 4 heavy draft?

What do you mean by a 4 heavy draft?

There were quite a few PF's that were available and were considered to be able to contribute.

Why didnt Otis pick up chalmers when we may have only jameer under contract soon....well could you imagine chalmers beating out jameer and what Otis would look like after needlessly extending Jameer too early....thats the real reason why he didnt go after chalmers.

quote:
Originally posted by Kberto:

I'm Speechless. 200 K was to much?

Maybe Lewis should of cut Otis a check from his 118 mil deal.

I think Lewis could have loaned them $200,000 - or on 2nd thought, he probably just could have let them have his pocket change - that would have covered it.

so if otis is too cheap to spend that little money on a NEEDED position to solidify us as competitors in our conference (considering toronto and miami have like 14 PF's btwn them) is it safe to assume he isn't going to do ANYTHING before the season?

quote:
Chad Ford on the Bulls Draft:

Round 1: Derrick Rose (1)

Round 2: Omer Asik (36), Sonny Weems (39)

Analysis: The Bulls got lucky in the lottery and made it pay off by getting the right fit for their team. I'm not sure that Rose is the most talented basketball player in the draft, but he has every intangible that you'd want in a No. 1 pick: He's tough, strong and explosive, and just as important, he's a leader who will put the team first. He'll be an All-Star for a decade and end up with a ring on his finger someday. What else can you ask for in a No. 1 pick?

Asik was the only international player I really liked in the second round. He is so active and has such a great motor that he should find a place in the league the same way Anderson Varejao did. But his contract issues could delay his arrival for a while. My only issue with the pick is the high price Chicago paid for it: three second-round picks. That's a lot for someone who might never wear an NBA jersey.

Weems is an athlete, but right now there's no roster space for him.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/draft2008/columns/story?c...e=DraftGrades-080627

Guys, this is very relevant. Either Denton is wrong or Ford is wrong. For pick 36, the Bulls had to trade 3 second rounders. That is a steep asking price, actually 3 times what Denton says it cost.

I think we need to separate blame/accusations here a little bit (sorry if this turns out to be repetitive; I don't have time to read through the many threads).

Yes, I am irritated at Otis for not adjusting to the fact that Arthur fell into our laps.

But I'm not going to blame Otis for the decision relevant to passing on the purchase of a 2nd round pick. When it comes to the money decisions that are not salary cap related, I have to look at who would be opposed to such a thing. And the answer to that HAS to be VanderWeide. It's money directly out of his and daddy-in-law's pocket. They are the only ones who would even have a reason to nix the purchase of a 2nd round pick.

Yeah, Otis and Dave irked me, but I'm not going to blame them for Global Warning.

Assign the blame for each mistake where it belongs. I know it's getting hard to keep track of...