Sign in to follow this  
Catman

Jermaine O Neal is ready to leave

quote:
Originally posted by star_phenom35:

Usually when a "do-it-all" player is put in a situation where he can win, he usually performs better and since the load isn't as heavy anymore, he doesn't get injured as much. i.e Kevin Garnett, Pau Gasol, Shaq, G-Hill, Delonte West, Rasheed Wallace, Iverson and the list goes on and on... If J.O doesn't have to carry the load anymore, I can guarantee you that he plays like J.O the all-star once again for more than 70 games.

You are beating a dead horse here because even IF J.O. was deemed his former All-Star self the Magic do not have the assets to trade for him. END OF STORY. He makes almost $20 million next year, which means the Magic have to trade $16 million in salaries. Other than Lewis we have nothing at all. NOTHING. You would have to convince them to take Battie, Cook, Hedo and JJ. And that wuold barely be enough. Which would be a raping by the Magic since J.O. is very very injury prone and a shell of his former self.

O'neal's knees were shot a few seasons ago. Combined with his huge contract and I don't see any way the Pacers could move him. A healthy JO would be very appealing but there is no chance his knees can hold up to the rigors of a full season.

By, MagicFanBen

quote:
You would have to convince them to take Battie, Cook, Hedo and JJ. And that wuold barely be enough. Which would be a raping by the Magic since J.O. is very very injury prone and a shell of his former self.

So that means that we would trade 3 guys who did basically nothing for us and Hedo. I would do this if we got Indy's first pick also or maybe just their second. If you could get a doc to look at his health and see if he's got anything left it the tank. I would take a 75% J.O. over a 100% Hedo.

quote:
Originally posted by Catman:

Not sure what JO has in his future, but he is ready to get out of IND.

Him and Dwight is intriguing. I have not heard what IND is looking for in return.

by necessity, they are looking for 19mil in contracts. we would have to give up half our team to get him. unless if they would take shard off our hands...but they arent stupid.

maybe a combo surrounded around turk and jameer would get it done. however, i now balk at injury prone players.

I dont want any aged hasbeens on this team, especially ones with monster deals.

This team has spent its money, its not gonna add another max salary player.

Its time to build thru the draft and some minor free agent tweaking. But Jermaine O'Neal isnt what this team needs at all. I want a player that can play the whole season, not just part of it.

I just brought this up as discussion, I foundit interesting.

A guy I would love to get is Mcdyess. We could draft a big and get Mcdyess and have a nice rotation.

quote:
Originally posted by Catman:

I just brought this up as discussion, I foundit interesting.

A guy I would love to get is Mcdyess. We could draft a big and get Mcdyess and have a nice rotation.

Dice would help our front court out immensly for a couple of years. I wish we could swing it.

I think I'd rather have Elton Brand than Jermaine O'neal. Elton Brand is the more consistent scorer of the two and he's also in the top 5 in Offensive Rebounding every season. The Pistons displayed our lack of toughness without a true PF who can stay in the paint and rebound and block shots. A big body is must at PF if we want any chance of making it to the Finals next season. I think we'd have a legitimate chance of making the finals with a starting line-up of Howard, Brand, Lewis, Evans, and Nelson.