Sign in to follow this  
30Assists

Statement Game Up Next.

I and one of my 5 sons was born in Dearborn Michigan. I am partial to both teams.

I am recommending Junkie talk to the Magic players before the first game. (Sorry, that could cause them not to make it)

quote:
Originally posted by The Solution:

I and one of my 5 sons was born in Dearborn Michigan. I am partial to both teams.

I am recommending Junkie talk to the Magic players before the first game. (Sorry, that could cause them not to make it)

Solution, that comment flew right over my head.(lol) Explain what you mean.

quote:
Originally posted by ball junkie:

Is there any team that gets under your skin more than the Pistons?

Seriously, you guys know the recent history between the Pistons and the Magic since the Grant Hill trade. It seems like they own us in every category.....trades, wins, championships and last but certainly not least "talking trash to Magic fans to rub it our faces"!

I've attended a lot of Magic games in my day but I'll never forget walking out of Amway Arena that night and hoards of Detroit fans chanting, "DDDDEEEETTTTRRRROOOOIIIITTTT BBBBAAAASSSSKKKKEEEETTTTBBBBAAAALLLLLLLL"!!!

They were everywhere! As I was walking out of the Arena I spoke to some other Magic fans and said, "isn't this the Magic's home arena"? The person said "yeah, it's unbelievable isn't it"!

Magic fans had to walk out of our own arena being humiliated by hundreds of "trash talking Piston fans"!

Junkie, sounds like a good pep talk for the Magic players before departing the locker room to play the Pistons.

My saying the FIRST GAME - is like a jinx. (Announcer says the player has made 23 free throws in a row and then he misses or WE DON'T MAKE THE PLAYOFFS)

we have a lot more to play for at this time of year, so hopefully they play like a team trying to fight to number 7 and face anybody but Detroit. I love nationally televised games but we tend to lay down. At least we get HD.

quote:
Originally posted by God hates Magic fans:

quote:
Originally posted by Nyce_1:

quote:
Originally posted by MilitaryMagic:

It's going to take a herculean offensive effort tomorrow on ESPN (in HD!) to beat the Piston at The Palace. If there was ever a time for our offensive players (Jameer, Hedo, Grant, Darko) to step up and make their shots as a group, tomorrow night is it! I don't think copping an attitude and getting pissed against a team like Detroit is the way to go - we need everyone to get on the same page and get some good, smooth offensive rythm going.

You know, i was about to open a new thread before I saw your post; exactly what I wanted to say. I don't think people realize we play on ESPN...another embarrasing loss. I hope our boys come out to play like they have the last couple of weeks (except win).

We pretty much owned New Jersey and Indy in the other espn games...but Detroit is likely to cream us I do agree.

I don't think we've been on national TV so many times in a season since 2003. It's nice that we're getting a little more national attention now - the media is taking us more seriously now that we have an all-star on the squad.

It reminds me of the arguments around here that Howard's all-star status was built around our team constantly deferring to him for a while there, that our management consciously made decisions to ensure Howard would be an all star this season.

Anyhow, this game is reminding me of when we got creamed by Chicago on TNT... a lot of hype, and the Magic don't handle hype well.

quote:
Originally posted by MilitaryMagic:

Anyhow, this game is reminding me of when we got creamed by Chicago on TNT... a lot of hype, and the Magic don't handle hype well.

I absolutely agree with you but, in this case, we're not talking about hype we're talking about reality; we're not talking about the press, we're talking about pressure.

The end result may still be the same, but the focus should be completely different than just being in the spotlight; they're fighting for their basketball lives.

Regardless of whether or not they succeed, this kind of experience is critical to the growth of this young group of players.

One of the surprising things this season is how competitive the magic have been against some of the better teams in the league. I got a feeling about this game. Maybe just the feeling of hope though. lol.

I have to admit that, outside of the Magic, I DO like the Pistons. Basically, they play great team ball, amazing defense, etc, etc - they're what I would like the Magic to be: a very solid team all around and a great defensive team.

Even so, I think the Magic have a chance against them and I'd love to see an upset win tonight.

As for the next games? 76ers could upset us; Boston's looking for Durant or Oden, so will likely play the cheerleaders against us; the Wizards are out a few starters and are banged up - they'll play with heart, but are definitely beatable; the Heat will be resting all of their starters (although Wade might play).

No - this Detroit game is where it's at. The Magic's postseason staying power, their confidence, their mental stability, all probably hinge on how they play in this game. Not necessarily whether they win or lose, but whether they stand up and fight or roll over and die.

Some of the Piston fans are annoying but I don't have a problem with the team. I actually respect the way they play along with the Spurs and the Mavs. Most of my hatred is focused on the Lakers and Heat.

quote:
Originally posted by ball junkie:

Is there any team that gets under your skin more than the Pistons?

Am I the only Magic fan that feels like that?(lol) Better to laugh than cry I guess.

Seriously, you guys know the recent history between the Pistons and the Magic since the Grant Hill trade. It seems like they own us in every category.....trades, wins, championships and last but certainly not least "talking trash to Magic fans to rub it our faces"!

I could not believe what happened the last time the Pistons came to Orlando. And I'm surprised nobody mentioned it the next day on these boards.

I've attended a lot of Magic games in my day but I'll never forget walking out of Amway Arena that night and hoards of Detroit fans chanting, "DDDDEEEETTTTRRRROOOOIIIITTTT BBBBAAAASSSSKKKKEEEETTTTBBBBAAAALLLLLLLL"!!!

They were everywhere! As I was walking out of the Arena I spoke to some other Magic fans and said, "isn't this the Magic's home arena"? The person said "yeah, it's unbelievable isn't it"!

Magic fans had to walk out of our own arena being humiliated by hundreds of "trash talking Piston fans"!

I "HATED" every second of that walk to my car that night.

One more thing, if there is such a thing as what goes around comes around or every dog has his day or sooner or later the tide will turn back in the Magic's favor, I hope it starts tommorrow night.

Even better would be beating them in the playoffs.

Please don't tell me you gotta wait a while longer Junkie cause I can't stand losing everything to them anymore!(lol)

Agree with every little letter. I hate Piston fans, they're so ****y and annoying. I really hope we show up and win against them. I can't wait until their "old" squad is finished, and then they won't have anything else to cheer about down there. I was at the game too Junkie, and the place was crowded with Piston Fans. I hated it.

And, of course, you have the "Pistons Fans." Those who were, the year before, "Spurs Fans," or "Bulls Fans," or "Heat Fans." Basically, whoever looks like they're consistently good have any number of fairweather fans glom onto them.

These fans, more than any other, are far more obnoxious as they have to overcompensate to prove how 'loyal' they are.

Ugh.