Sign in to follow this  
30Assists

Statement Game Up Next.

Come on guys were is the optimism? We can surely out run and also outplay the pistons all day with the way we are playing lately. It doesn't matter we played them so called tanking teams, we won and that counts. For that being said there gonna roll with there Euphoric High into Detroit. Darko will have something to prove against his former team since he couldn't send the message last time. Im placing open bets to whoever thinks that the Pistons will win on Wed(LOL for fun). We are definetly gonna show up to play and win the statement will be made.

All the millions i do not have going for the Magic winning. Anyone interested placing a bet?

quote:
Originally posted by ball junkie:

Is there any team that gets under your skin more than the Pistons?

Please don't tell me you gotta wait a while longer Junkie cause I can't stand losing everything to them anymore!(lol)

Now, Junkie, your memory is too short.

About this time last year, Detroit came into the O-rena, and Darko had them so flustered that both Wallaces refused to come into the game, as we beat them like a drum !!!

Of course, this memory is probably what inspired those Piston fans to celebrate as they did this year.

Revenge will be sweet, whenever it comes.

Wait a minute... Was I just the voice of optimism?

I better go take my medication.....

Junkie, I actually kind of like the Pistons. I hated the Lakers a couple years ago, and I was thrilled when they beat Shaq. It all depends on who your friends like. I don't get any bragging from Pistons fans, so I don't care. Miami and Chicago on the other hand...

In order to win this game...........Hedo, Ariza, Carlos, Jonathan, and Grant are going to have to get pissed off.

quote:
Originally posted by O-dub:

In order to win this game...........Hedo, Ariza, Carlos, Jonathan, and Grant are going to have to get pissed off.

Is that possible? The only Magic player I've seen get pissed off recently has been Darko and that didn't do much to spark the team. But I'm with you if they show a mean streak then may be it will pay off.

quote:
Originally posted by O-dub:

And Dwight, Nelson, Dooling, Darko, and Battie...

Show no mercy.

GO MAGIC !!!!!!!!!

Heh, I'm a voice of pessimism on this one because I don't think we match up well with Detroit.

Detroit is way too good of a jump shooting team. We typically win games with our interior defense, not our perimeter defense. If Detroit is making 45% or better of their shots, we'll be in trouble both tomorrow and in the playoffs.

Combining that with the fact that Detroit is one of the top defensive teams in the NBA and we're one of the worst offensive teams in the NBA, we're in trouble...

How can we beat the Pistons in a single game?

Our players would have to play out of character and show supreme confidence in their offense. Say, if Hedo, Darko, AND GHill shoot over 50% and have strong offensive showings, then we would have a good chance at winning! It's possible, right? Just not in a 7 game series =(

quote:
Originally posted by Carlitos Way:

quote:
How can we beat the Pistons in a single game?

Wanna place a friendly bet then? Optimism vs Pessimism? Come on it would be interesting...

Errr, it was a legit question, not in sarcasm. It's going to take a herculean offensive effort tomorrow on ESPN (in HD!) to beat the Piston at The Palace. If there is ever a time for our offensive players (Jameer, Hedo, Grant, Darko) to step up and make their shots as a group, tomorrow night is it! I don't think copping an attitude and getting pissed against a team like Detroit is the way to go - we need everyone to get on the same page and get some good, smooth offensive rythm going.

I *think* we can do it... Jameer's newfound love for distributing the ball really seems to be helping.. but I don't *believe* we can. Something always happens - Grant fumbles the ball away on a drive to the hoop when we're down 1, Jameer reverts back to his selfish ways for a few minutes, Dwight turns it over on consecutive possessions - something always happens that knocks us out of our offensive rythm whenever we get it going.

Now, about that bet...

quote:
Originally posted by MilitaryMagic:

It's going to take a herculean offensive effort tomorrow on ESPN (in HD!) to beat the Piston at The Palace. If there was ever a time for our offensive players (Jameer, Hedo, Grant, Darko) to step up and make their shots as a group, tomorrow night is it! I don't think copping an attitude and getting pissed against a team like Detroit is the way to go - we need everyone to get on the same page and get some good, smooth offensive rythm going.

You know, i was about to open a new thread before I saw your post; exactly what I wanted to say. I don't think people realize we play on ESPN...another embarrasing loss. I hope our boys come out to play like they have the last couple of weeks (except win).

quote:
Originally posted by Nyce_1:

quote:
Originally posted by MilitaryMagic:

It's going to take a herculean offensive effort tomorrow on ESPN (in HD!) to beat the Piston at The Palace. If there was ever a time for our offensive players (Jameer, Hedo, Grant, Darko) to step up and make their shots as a group, tomorrow night is it! I don't think copping an attitude and getting pissed against a team like Detroit is the way to go - we need everyone to get on the same page and get some good, smooth offensive rythm going.

You know, i was about to open a new thread before I saw your post; exactly what I wanted to say. I don't think people realize we play on ESPN...another embarrasing loss. I hope our boys come out to play like they have the last couple of weeks (except win).

We pretty much owned New Jersey and Indy in the other espn games...but Detroit is likely to cream us I do agree.