Sign in to follow this  
Natesroom

Starters vs. 2nd unit @ Millwaukee

I didnt want to post this in the GAme Thread because even though it happened during the game.

MAn if you watched the game there was massive ballmovement not only from the team but specifically from jameer 12pt and 9 ASSISTS! He practically sat the 4th period. But anyways its the first game this season that someone has had more then 8 assists. 76 games it took to do that feat.

Now about the 2nd unit the had Arroyo, Ariza, Bogans, Redick & outlaw. They played the last 10 minutes the way we have played all year. Each one making his own ISO or shot. neither one really involving the other teammates. I really hope the starters on the bench were watching and seeing what has going wrong.

ANyways i wanted to post this becasue its more about the final 9 man rotation implemented vs let everyone play rotation.

I didnt want to post this in the GAme Thread because even though it happened during the game.

MAn if you watched the game there was massive ballmovement not only from the team but specifically from jameer 12pt and 9 ASSISTS! He practically sat the 4th period. But anyways its the first game this season that someone has had more then 8 assists. 76 games it took to do that feat.

Now about the 2nd unit the had Arroyo, Ariza, Bogans, Redick & outlaw. They played the last 10 minutes the way we have played all year. Each one making his own ISO or shot. neither one really involving the other teammates. I really hope the starters on the bench were watching and seeing what has going wrong.

ANyways i wanted to post this becasue its more about the final 9 man rotation implemented vs let everyone play rotation.

quote:
Nyways i wanted to post this becasue its more about the final 9 man rotation implemented vs let everyone play rotation.

yea, thank god BHill moved to the 9 man rotation.... i can't believe that at some point, we had GHill, subed by Bogans, subbed by dooling, subbed by JJ.... waaaay too many players for that position... i'm also glad that Bo isn't used as often as he was when battie was hurt.... Bo seems to only be effective when he's on the floor for short periods of time and for specific periods of times when the team needs a defensive spark....

and I sure as hell am glad that bogans has been benched... i haven't liked his play for a while now and i was pleasantly surprised when BHill benched him (at least now i don't have to see his selfish play/turnovers all game long)...

all we need is for JJ to start hitting those wide open shots... i don't know why he doesn't make them anymore....

Mop up time is generally pretty sloppy. Players on both sides are just playing the game out and looking for their shot.

I don't know that I would put too much emphasis on their play tonight.

quote:
all we need is for JJ to start hitting those wide open shots... i don't know why he doesn't make them anymore....

I suspect he's having problems getting into a rhythm only getting 5 or 6 shots a night. That and he clearly has been focusing on the other parts of his game. I'd love to see him torching teams from the outside during the playoffs. Thats his kind of atmosphere.

The thing with JJ is that he is now playing with the big boys , not kids ..its not that simple fo him now.There is too much presure on him to be the JJ from Duke and that plays a role in his confidence.

JJ we should send you the novel "Great espectations"

Good point MagicMan. I agree with you 100% and now it seems if he doesn't hit his first couple of shots he is on the bench. The Buc's announcers applauded his pass to Ariza on the fast break. The said it was done perfectly. That is what he brings to the team besides his great shooting....smarts and all around playing. His points will come and he will start making his shots. He is only 22 and I think people forget that. They always talk about the young guys...Darko, Dwight, Ariza...well one year is pretty close. And James...you NC fans need to Chill..he is a Magic now not a Dukie.

Darko played big minutes last night with the starting five after Battie got hit the eye in the 1st and picked up his fourth foul early in the 3rd.

I thought the starters looked much better with Darko in there, but I have given up on Brian ever recognizing this.

Come on...I see your point, but mop up time is exactly that. Just go out there and finish the game. All players will try and score. They have been sitting for many games, well some, with little to no playing time. Thay want to score and do something, so if they get the ball they will try to score.

It doesn't surprise me, or bother me.

The starters where great, but remember, the Bucs where playing thin and small. Let's see them do it to Detroit here soon. Then I will feel better.

The following were the most selfish/struggling...Carlos Arroyo, Keith Bogans(looking for his own shot), and Pat Garrity(Struggling and he knows it.)

O-dub, didnt CA had 5 assist. You cant expect more of Keith because he got benched a long period and now he is playing some min. Maybe the 2cond unit played more selfish but how u can say that about a guy who had 5 assist in 14 min and a benchwarmer? i love u Dub.. sometimes i think you are sexy

quote:
Originally posted by O-dub:

The following were the most selfish/struggling...Carlos Arroyo, Keith Bogans(looking for his own shot), and Pat Garrity(Struggling and he knows it.)

When the game was not in Garbage time Carlos was running the offense. The majority of the game was played the way our offense should have been played all year, sharing the ball.

Mop up mins are not going to be perfect because, the game has already been decided but more importantly, the people playing (especially at the end of the year) are trying to showcase themselves for trades/free agency. All 3 of those guys are people that could possibly be on the trading block.