Sign in to follow this  
magicdepth

The Official JJ Redick Appreciation Thread

quote:
Originally posted by SmackDaddy:

I disagree. Just because I have a particular stock sitting in my portfolio, doesn't mean that I am forced to like it. If that stock underperforms, it gets ditched quicker than JJ can get off the bench with 2 minutes remaining in a 25 point blowout.

I'm curious. What happened to all the fans that were so bold last year with their predictions that JJ would prove me wrong? Where are all the fans that proclaimed JJ would become a big factor on this team after he performed well in meaningless Summer League games? Where is all the support that JJ will be anything other than another Duke bust in the NBA?

JJ's role on the team has actually been reduced in his second year, along with his 3pt% and his ft%. Some sharp shooter. No wonder he can't scratch any playing time. His free throw percentage is 9th on the team, and his 3pt percentage is 6th on the team.

The kid is a joke. Drafting him was a joke. Expecting him to compete at this level is a joke. And expecting me to support him just because he wears the blue & white is a joke.

But then again, maybe he'll have another productive game in 12 minutes of another meaningless game that will convince me to turn the page. Yeah right!

BTW, anybody else realize that JJ led the team in PF's last night in only 12 minutes?

How come i have the feeling that you are a Tar Heel fan?

quote:
Originally posted by lavell12:

quote:

I disagree. Just because I have a particular stock sitting in my portfolio, doesn't mean that I am forced to like it. If that stock underperforms, it gets ditched quicker than JJ can get off the bench with 2 minutes remaining in a 25 point blowout.

I'm curious. What happened to all the fans that were so bold last year with their predictions that JJ would prove me wrong? Where are all the fans that proclaimed JJ would become a big factor on this team after he performed well in meaningless Summer League games? Where is all the support that JJ will be anything other than another Duke bust in the NBA?

JJ's role on the team has actually been reduced in his second year, along with his 3pt% and his ft%. Some sharp shooter. No wonder he can't scratch any playing time. His free throw percentage is 9th on the team, and his 3pt percentage is 6th on the team.

The kid is a joke. Drafting him was a joke. Expecting him to compete at this level is a joke. And expecting me to support him just because he wears the blue & white is a joke.

But then again, maybe he'll have another productive game in 12 minutes of another meaningless game that will convince me to turn the page. Yeah right!

BTW, anybody else realize that JJ led the team in PF's last night in only 12 minutes?

How come i have the feeling that you are a Tar Heel fan?

How come I have a feeling you haven't read the remainder of the thread?

Guys I am neither a Duke fan nor a UNC fan. I watch a ton of college basketball but don't really follow one specific team.

I am a Magic fan, but that doesn't preclude me from expressing my frustration with a Magic player that was drafted in the lottery at a time when this team was building something special, and that player two years later still hasn't contributed anything meaningful to convince me that he was anything other than another overrated Duke star destined to become an NBA bust.

quote:

Stop Loss >>>>>>>> Hold & Hope

If JJ were a stock, we could always pyramid, and compound our losses, hahaha

I guess we can appreciate Redick. I mean, what for? he hasn't really done anything. Why are y'all talking about playoff contributions? This guy isn't even part of our rotation, nor should he be.

quote:
Originally posted by KillingInTheNameOf:

quote:

Stop Loss >>>>>>>> Hold & Hope

If JJ were a stock, we could always pyramid, and compound our losses, hahaha

I can always count on you to contribute the proper perspective. lol

Although, maybe JJ is like the Apple Corp. I sold 1000 shares appx 9 years ago at $14.00 per share. At last glance, I think Apple is now trading over $150.00 per share. Still kicking myself in the head for not holding out hope for a company that would 1 year later introduce the Ibook, three years later introduce the Ipod, and 7 years later introduce the Iphone.

quote:

Guys I am neither a Duke fan nor a UNC fan. I watch a ton of college basketball but don't really follow one specific team.

I am a Magic fan, but that doesn't preclude me from expressing my frustration with a Magic player that was drafted in the lottery at a time when this team was building something special, and that player two years later still hasn't contributed anything meaningful to convince me that he was anything other than another overrated Duke star destined to become an NBA bust.

who was the last duke "star" to become a bust in the NBA, Chirstian Laetnarr?

Battier is a good role player, Brand and Boozer are both all-star caliber players. Grant was great before injuries, Maggette well everyone wants him in a Magic uni, Deng is very good and Duhon is suprisingly good. Dunleavy wasn't good until he changed teams and went to Indiana, the same could eventually said about JJ. yes there have been bust but not as many as you and the Duke haters would have u believe. Duke produces better pros then probably any other school in recent years.

smack just incase you didnt get it i was making an attempt to be sarcastic and to pull bj's chain. i am sure jj will find his end spot on the bench when the playoff's start. relax jj will be gone before the summer is over. he cant get along with svg. jacklj

quote:
Originally posted by jack l j:

smack just incase you didnt get it i was making an attempt to be sarcastic and to pull bj's chain. i am sure jj will find his end spot on the bench when the playoff's start. relax jj will be gone before the summer is over. he cant get along with svg. jacklj

Must.. resist.. urge to.... get pulled...into JJ discussion.

It's no use, it's just too powerful.

SVG and JJ have such a poor relationship that upon subbing into the game last night they ran set plays for him off screens? If SVG had a problem with the guy why would he bother drawing up set plays for him?

The guy had some good mins out there last night, no one has been conspiring to keep him down, the situation just is what it is.

The part that confuses me is the seeming disdain for JJ himself.

The fact that he was a lottery pick is on Magic management, and that is who I blame for this. It was another in a long line of stupid draft picks.

But the JJ that is here plays exactly like the JJ at Duke, so any criticism of him directly I don't understand. He is exactly what was advertised. It's just that our management was too stupid to understand that his skill set did not translate all that well to the NBA.

I've had my fun of making fun of the JJ fans too, but I expect most of them are capable of laughing off many of the fun comments.

Appreciation? Sure I'll give him his due for his effort and effectiveness last night, and doing what we all know he does well.

Anger? I'll funnel that to our management for wasting yet another lottery pick.

This is just what I needed! After a hard days work I got to read thru this entire thread and I really got some great laughs at some of the one-liners that were expressed.

Hilarious!

Anyway, since Smack and Killing were using the stock market to make Redick comparisons I thought I'd use a quote from yesterday's Daytona paper to make mine:

quote:

I don't know why I'm bothering posting in here, but I will.

Let the record show your Honor, that I am neither a JJ fanatic, nor a JJ hater.

The simple fact is, nobody has said one negative thing about Maurice Evans, Rashard Lewis, or Hedo Turkoglu in their appreciation threads. Why should this one be any different?

Sure, he scored 11 or so points in 12 minutes. Big whoop. But it's his fans and fans of the team in generals choice to praise him. To them, it's an accomplishment. No need to turn this into "Just another JJ" thread, where everyone goes back and forth with statistics, comments, and personal feelings that have been shared countless times before.

Kberto, I agree with everything you said as well.