Sign in to follow this  
ball junkie

Great News! Peter Vescey says Otis is "lying" about ESPN article(New York Post)

quote:
Orlando GM Otis Smith discredited an item in ESPN Magazine that claimed Magic players want Brian Hill replaced and the coach has a poor relationship with Howard. First off, author Chris Broussard isn't negligent; he's not about to get something that somber so wrong. Once Smith denied it, I knew for sure it was true; the truth always manages to escape him when dealing with controversial or trade matters.

I thought I'd post this to get everybody excited!(lol)

http://www.nypost.com/seven/04062007/sports/draft_dodgi...er_vecsey.htm?page=2

quote:
Orlando GM Otis Smith discredited an item in ESPN Magazine that claimed Magic players want Brian Hill replaced and the coach has a poor relationship with Howard. First off, author Chris Broussard isn't negligent; he's not about to get something that somber so wrong. Once Smith denied it, I knew for sure it was true; the truth always manages to escape him when dealing with controversial or trade matters.

and it worked BJ. I usually don't get this excited on first dates.

quote:
Originally posted by ball junkie:

quote:

I started to post this article before my other thread on accountability, but I knew you would be all over it! Good job, although I find Vescey offensive and left to center on many issues, you can not argue with him based upon Otis's M.O.

I will join you B.J. and agree that this is good news!!!

If Howard pulls a Shaq because of Hill then Hill will never rest. At least not in Orlando. lol

I think Dwight is smart enough to understand how this works. I have never seen a GM say publicly that a coach will not return next season without that coach being fired immediately. A lame duck coach won't be capable of doing his job to his best ability when he knows and his players know that he is already out the door. Since Napoleon is a already a terrible coach that probably isn't the best idea when we are still (somehow) in a playoff chase.

quote:
Originally posted by MagicmaninMiami:

Actually I hope its not true. If it is then we need a coach and a general manager because I would have no idea why Otis would be ticking off Dwight by constantly defending Bhill.

IF Dwight knows that Otis knows how he feels, he won't care what Otis is saying to the media. He understands that Otis can't do anything about BHill at this point in the season.

If the 2 have been communicating, then Dwight will recognize it as obligational rhetoric.