Sign in to follow this  
KT

Travis Diener is not talented???

People-

I read with the new PG thread with amusement. I don't understand how someone can claim to be a Magic fan and then disrespect a player on the team so much. It's not Travis Diener's fault that the Magic drafted him and refuse to play him. Some of you did not follow Diener's college career, have no idea of his basketball IQ or really, anything else about his game. Quoting his stats from his NBA career is a total waste of time, as the Magic have wasted his time. I have said it before, and I will say it again, I hope Travis Diener gets traded ASAP. If he isn't talented enough for the NBA, then I hope he goes and plays in Europe and makes tons of money like so many former college standouts do. I am so tired of negative Magic fans. The team is going nowhere this year, get over it and let's look ahead and get real. Seriously.

People-

I read with the new PG thread with amusement. I don't understand how someone can claim to be a Magic fan and then disrespect a player on the team so much. It's not Travis Diener's fault that the Magic drafted him and refuse to play him. Some of you did not follow Diener's college career, have no idea of his basketball IQ or really, anything else about his game. Quoting his stats from his NBA career is a total waste of time, as the Magic have wasted his time. I have said it before, and I will say it again, I hope Travis Diener gets traded ASAP. If he isn't talented enough for the NBA, then I hope he goes and plays in Europe and makes tons of money like so many former college standouts do. I am so tired of negative Magic fans. The team is going nowhere this year, get over it and let's look ahead and get real. Seriously.

If it was up to me he would be our starting point guard. He's the best pure point guard we have. He has a pass first mentality, and he doesn't hesitate to swing the ball. Also, his great three point shooting would help Dwight out of double-teams. The people who criticize our guards are the fans of "the player."

The rotation resembles a roulette wheel. Diener got a few games, we didn't go on a 10 game winning streak, so Napoleon went back to what wasn't working before. See Darko and Redick for further examples. Apparently is safer to go with what hasn't worked than attempt to give what might work an equal opportunity.

quote:
Originally posted by Hutchence:

Fendi I totally disagree. I think he is benched so we can retain him for cheap this summer.

I like the way you're thinking Hutch :-)

quote:
Fendi I totally disagree. I think he is benched so we can retain him for cheap this summer.

possibly, but I doubt it. This team has no pick at all this year, losing intentionally isn't part of this team's dictionary, especially right now.

Some teams already know what Travis can bring to the table, so there's no reason to hide it.

As I have stated, Travis is as good as gone because he is being benched. Any free agent would leave for another team especially since he hasn't gotten any PT at all.

No one is disrespecting Diener. You disrespect 3 other Magic PG's when you rate Diener over our guys who are very talented and have different special abilities that they bring to this team.

Diener is the least talented PG on this roster.

Theres a reason why you post on internet forums, and Brian Hill holds a position as a NBA coach.

Brian is one of the worst coaches in the league, but he has the experience. Diener would be a good player in Isreal or Italy(Both competitive teams, if you didn't know).

Diener's career high in assist is 5. Assist numbers don't tell everything, but Diener has never in his life as a NBA player in crunch time STATER quality minutes has PROVEN he's a pass first PG. Just because Diener isn't a scorer doesn't make him the best passer on the team.

If you hope Diener gets traded ASAP, then good. We don't need Dienerites fans in here, who claim to be Magic fans and come in here bashing Carlos, Jameer, and Kenyon when they don't preform their best, but demand the unproven Travis to get 48 minutes a game.

It seems like you guys won't be happy until Diener is cloned into 4, and we'll have some 6 foot scrawny kid battling for the boards and trying to penatrate against big guys like Marbury and Arenas.

Its whatever though.

I believe Diener isn't that good to be a back up or starter. He hasn't proven it to me at all. You could look at the stats or in the game, he just doesn't have that impact. When Diener has a decent game, its most likely in garbage time or in a blow out win. He rarely plays a significant role on this team.

If you were a Magic fan, instead of Dienerite, you would root for the players who are accually getting minutes. Lets be honest here, out of a mock draft of PG's, Diener is at the bottom of the list, atleast top 20.

I honestly believe as a Magic fan, the problem isn't our roster, its the coach. We're built for the fast break style. Hill is way to conversative, its disgusting to see our talent be held back like this.

Honestly, theres more important things to worry about than your feelings getting hurt because I exploited Diener's weak points. Also, why does Diener even deserve a thread, what has he done lately? Diener would get a considerable ammount of minutes if he was that good and showed it in practice. He obviously hasn't convinced Hill, nor me or most Magic fans who aren't Dienerites.

I send my best wishes to Travis. He'll probably go well like that Hensen kid from BYU, playing for Tau Victoria up in Spain. Diener would make an excellent back up in Europe in my opinion.

Arroyo went to Europe, polished his skills and came back to the NBA much more improved. Maybe the same fate can come to Travis' way in the future.

Originally posted by Jose:

No one is disrespecting Diener. You disrespect 3 other Magic PG's when you rate Diener over our guys who are very talented and have different special abilities that they bring to this team.

Diener is the least talented PG on this roster.

would make an excellent back up in Europe in my opinion.

You cant be serious.

Who was that trying to be funny about Travis.

I know Travis is the best PG on the team even though no one wants to play and I still consider all our PGs on the same lvl.

quote:
Originally posted by Kberto:

If it was up to me he would be our starting point guard. He's the best pure point guard we have. He has a pass first mentality, and he doesn't hesitate to swing the ball. Also, his great three point shooting would help Dwight out of double-teams. The people who criticize our guards are the fans of "the player."

No way