God Hates Otis Smith

how long are you willing to put up with being bad?

40 members have voted

1. 1. how many years will you give this regime?

• 1 more year
    • 2 more years
    • 3 more years
    • other

I unfortunately don't see us being terrible this season. I see each of our young players taking more steps towards their ceilings (Vooch, Harris, Harkless) and with the addition of a top 5 Rookie, I see us being in the #5-#8 spot next season in terms of "worst team." I think it's ludacris to suggest that we will be the worst team next year and then after the addition of a "great rookie," make the playoffs the following season.

I think another season of consistent and always losing will wear on the psyche of some of these young guys.

I do not like the idea of being bad beyond whatever is absolutely necessary. I am too risk adverse to condone being bad long enough to get multiple high picks. This method is far from proven.

I unfortunately don't see us being terrible this season. I see each of our young players taking more steps towards their ceilings (Vooch, Harris, Harkless) and with the addition of a top 5 Rookie, I see us being in the #5-#8 spot next season in terms of "worst team." I think it's ludacris to suggest that we will be the worst team next year and then after the addition of a "great rookie," make the playoffs the following season.

I think another season of consistent and always losing will wear on the psyche of some of these young guys.

Like you I can see us taking a similar stride to what the Wizards did this season going from 20 wins to 29 wins. With a top draft pick even in this year's 'weak' class, and our young talent developing, plus any additions, I think we could if everyone develops put ourselves outside the worst few records.

Like you I can see us taking a similar stride to what the Wizards did this season going from 20 wins to 29 wins. With a top draft pick even in this year's 'weak' class, and our young talent developing, plus any additions, I think we could if everyone develops put ourselves outside the worst few records.

An improvement of a whole 9 games? Lets not get carried away now, Dr. Zoidberg.

I think next year is a good time to have a high draft pick and then after that just try to be the best you can. I don't think it's good mentally for these guys to lose too much. If we get too many high draft picks, there's also no way we can keep them all... So getting Wiggins, Parker, Smart next year and then try to sign some free agents to fill the gaps is the way to go in my opinion.

• Upvote 1

We will suck until Jameer and Hedo are gone. They are a black cloud over this franchise. Once they are gone, the skies will open up Orlando and the Magic will be blessed once again with some playoff basketball.

Bye Bye Shameer..Another year down, hopefully one or less to go. Hedo, retire and return to Turkey immediately.

We will suck until Jameer and Hedo are gone. They are a black cloud over this franchise. Once they are gone, the skies will open up Orlando and the Magic will be blessed once again with some playoff basketball.

Bye Bye Shameer..Another year down, hopefully one or less to go. Hedo, retire and return to Turkey immediately.

Woah. Where'd this Jameer hate come from? He's past his prime, but I wouldn't say he's bad enough that he's a "black cloud" over the franchise. I think he'd be a great back up for a few more years.

• Upvote 1

I mean I don't really have any say in the matter, so what my opinion is doesn't really matter.

Obviously I want to win sooner rather than later. I'm not expecting to be a playoff team this year tho. But next off-season I'd like to see some splashes made. Don't we have a good cap situation going into next off-season?

I think next year is a good time to have a high draft pick and then after that just try to be the best you can. I don't think it's good mentally for these guys to lose too much. If we get too many high draft picks, there's also no way we can keep them all... So getting Wiggins, Parker, Smart next year and then try to sign some free agents to fill the gaps is the way to go in my opinion.

Agreed.

Tanking is always a bad idea.

1.) Draft picks are never guaranteed.

1b.) In the NBA, tanking doesn't even guarantee the good draft pick you want. We had the worst record in the NBA and still didn't get the #1 pick. Granted, #2 isn't much worse, but it doesn't guarantee anything.

2.) By tanking, as you said you hurt morale. But you also hurt the chances of other players wanting to come play for the team. If you at least play hard, look good, but come just short, at least potential free agents can see this as a situation where we are a player or 2 away, and they think they can be that guy. But no prominent free agent is gonna wanna come here if we're still gonna suck even with him.

• Upvote 1

Agreed.

Tanking is always a bad idea.

Yeah worked out horribly for Spurs when they did it to get Duncan and as recently as Golden State to get Barnes :rolleyes:/>

I'm not a fan of tanking either but I'm at least willing to admit it has its pros.