Sign in to follow this  
ball junkie

Turk for Artest......would you? (see pg.5)

quote:
Originally posted by SmackDaddy:

quote:
Originally posted by ball junkie:

Alright Soul Bro, I'm gonna spill your beans!j/k

Hey Smack, Soul just told me on the phone he was so impressed with Rashard taking the ball to the hole and playing the 3 spot that he could definitely see Turk being expendable.

Right, Soul Bro?

If I saw him do it for more than just one game, I could become a believer also.

Problem is, our PG play just isn't strong enough to consider dealing your best facilitator & distributor, unless you get back both pieces.

Something like:

Turk, JJ, Jameer & Garrity for the Sixers Miller, Evans & their first round pick.

Hah-hah. Junkie, you're a dog.

Yes, I believe Hedo is expendable FOR THE RIGHT PIECE(S). I personally want to pick up Hinrich and Haslem, even at the expense of Turk and Jameer.

quote:
Originally posted by BRich:

According to the Sacramento Bee, Artest has had multiple confrontations with Reggie Theus and been complaining about his role on the team since the season started. Not to mention, Artest himself came out with some quotes about how he wants to save the Knicks - and that Sacramento (and certain players) were much better off without him. Its the same thing he said when he left Indy.

Just because he isn't making headlines doesn't mean Artest isn't stirring it up.

Every player looks out for themselves in this league. Sure, there is a ways to go about it. With that said Artest has also acknowledged and dished out praise to the up and coming players in Sacramento, thus his reasoning to look out for his future.

quote:
Originally posted by Soul Bro:

quote:
Originally posted by Drunk on Mystery:

quote:

All this Artest talk. Look, Artest recently said he thinks he is a 14-15 million/year guy. You guys ready to shell out that money for him?

No, but I might be willing to rent him for 7.4m for 30 games and the playoffs, and then decide how much he's worth next season based on how he does and how he behaves.

Not me. Too big a risk for a very risky character. Say this summer rolls around and he wants a significant amount, do you really think teams would offer a lot in a sign and trade for him? Not me. I believe Turk is much more valuable around the league because of his versatility and contract than Artest.

If (and that's a big if) we were going to do anything with Artest it would have be contingent upon him signing an extension with us for terms both sides agree upon.

I wouldn't spend that much on him either but if you can get the guy to sign for 9-10 would you risk it? Turk is cheap now, what is he going to be in 3 yrs?

Marc, I still couldn't risk it. Turk has to be one of the most valuable assets in the league right now b/c of his contract. Surely we could get something more secure.

quote:

Marc, I still couldn't risk it. Turk has to be one of the most valuable assets in the league right now b/c of his contract. Surely we could get something more secure.

We may be able to but, would they have as big of an impact?

Think about it, who else can get you 20 and beat the crap out of the guy they are guarding and pass the ball? I love Turk but Artest by himself makes your team a defensive team, not many other players that can do that. You stick him with Dwight and I don't see how people are scoring too much on you.

What a great idea! Let's trade Hedo for the biggest headcase in the league! YESSSSSSS

Artest is a very good player, but along with his talent comes baggage, baggage we don't need.

quote:
Originally posted by ball junkie:

For the record, I am not saying Haslem and Turk are equal(ability wise) talent.

I still think you have to take into account the intangibles that Udonis brings. And I'm not a cap expert nor do I care to be. I certainly would like some of the suggestions many of you have made about sweetening the deal.

I can't get it out of my head what David Thorpe said yesterday in his chat:

quote:

Bill (New York, New York): Hey man, who's the toughest guy in this league? I say Boozer.

David Thorpe: (12:12 PM ET ) Boozer is a beast-but my man Fesenko says Carlos is the kindest man he's ever met. Toughness wise, I always go with Udonis Haslem.

quote:

Umar (NYC): How would Haslem fit alongside Dwight Howard? I think a starting five of Nelson, Turk, Lewis, Haslem and D12 can take the east.

David Thorpe: (12:20 PM ET ) Udonis is exactly what the Magic need. So there's no way Riley gives him up.

Words like "toughness" and Udonis is "exactly" what the Magic need! Music! Music to my ears, Baby!!

I realize it would be extremely hard to deal with Pat Riley and I'm sure he would try and get over on us.

I asked Smack yesterday if he thought we could get him and his response was, "where there's a will there's a way".

Words like Udonis could take us to the top of the Eastern mountain are hard to ignore.

I am not yet ready to admit, though, that Rashard couldn't play the same role Hedo plays now and our offense would still be quite effective.

Rashard cannot facilitate like Hedo. I am of the belief that if Hedo just focused on facilitatating for the first half of the game like a Lebron or Kobe you would see Lewis back around his career averages the last 3 years. Our big problem in my eyes is that we do not involve Rashard enough.

When he's involved early and scoring, and making the opposing power forward defend him we rebound and defend better because that PF has to move around and use up his energy. I'm far more concerned about this than Dwight being involved, because Dwight can score 20+ without having many plays called for him.

Hedo brings us intangibles, such as another ballhandler on the floor, a consistant playmaker and a 4th quarter money man. Haslem is injured right now, I am not even considering a near 20/6/4 player for an injured 12 and 9 guy whos' an undersized power forward.

and yes Turk for Haslem is alot like Mobley for Christie because we traded a much better player and got a spinjob from weisbrod that Christie would 'fit' better.

only if he comits to extending his contract,yes. if the deal is on the table do it.Now turk for Haslem no way bad trade.In Artest case is a no brainer because you still get your 20 pts a game player with long range and can drive to the basket, exellent free trow shooter, plus you get a lock down defender.

Call me crazzy man, but I would trade for Randolph before I trade for Artest,and the knicks wanna get rid of him and clear space, so we wouln't need to give up Turk, just our exp.

Starters-Nelson,Evans,Lewis,Randolph,Howard.

Bench-FA or DL PG Redick,Bogans,Turk,Cook,Augustine,Foyle.

Next year-Starters-Nelson,Evans,Lewis,Randoplh,Howard.

Bench-J.Will or Duhon,Redick,Bogans,Turk,cook,Battie,Foyle.