Sign in to follow this  
Franchise408

Denton: Now Retired, Hill Didn't Deserve Criticism While With Magic

Grant Hill totally used the Magic. BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO...

*deep breath*

...OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

*throws poop*

And I'll back this up by saying that Grant Hill, while under a HUGE contract, could have given the Magic a break and gone on IR, MAYBE giving us a shot at signing someone to replace the GAPING HOLE he left in the lineup, he chose not to, claiming he was "just about ready to come back."

Then would come back, hurt himself again, and be out for the rest of the season (but still not go on IR). And then? When he could have paid us back by re-signing when we needed veteran leadership? After giving him a gigantic paycheck while he rode the bench in a suit? He bolted.

Screw Grant Hill.

Boos totally deserved.

• Upvote 1

I agree with the 2 posters above. Grant Hill drew a very fat paycheck here for many years and played very little. IMO the right thing to do would have been sign here for the vet minimum and be a team leader and mentor to the rooks. I haven't done the numbers but I'd bet he got paid close to a million $ for every game he played :( BOOOOOOO

I agree with the 2 posters above. Grant Hill drew a very fat paycheck here for many years and played very little. IMO the right thing to do would have been sign here for the vet minimum and be a team leader and mentor to the rooks. I haven't done the numbers but I'd bet he got paid close to a million $ for every game he played :(/> BOOOOOOO

He played exactly 200 games for the Magic and had a contract for $93 million. So he actually got $465,000 per game. And somehow he found the courage to keep trying...

Hill is a good guy and all, but Magic fans have a right to dislike him if they please. A lot of wasted years with wasted money on this guy. Whether or not its his fault, it was rough to deal with.

The current situation that the Bulls have with Derrick Rose is something that makes me reminisce about our situation with the Magic with Grant Hill. Tracy McGrady was a lone shark around untalented players. Then we had Grant Hill eating up cap space.

I believe if Derrick Rose goes through the same situation that Grant Hill did, he'll be shipped. I doubt the Bulls make this "mistake" the Magic did.

The current situation that the Bulls have with Derrick Rose is something that makes me reminisce about our situation with the Magic with Grant Hill. Tracy McGrady was a lone shark around untalented players. Then we had Grant Hill eating up cap space.

I believe if Derrick Rose goes through the same situation that Grant Hill did, he'll be shipped. I doubt the Bulls make this "mistake" the Magic did.

If Rose becomes chronically injured like Grant Hill he won't exactly be tradeable. Amnestied maybe

If Rose becomes chronically injured like Grant Hill he won't exactly be tradeable. Amnestied maybe

I was king of leaning to when he gets healthy, they'd take the first deal. Granger is also in the same boat.

While these players are injured, a team is also wasting its other current assets as well. They won't be young and athletic for long.

I had no problem with him wanting a fresh start, what bugged me was that everywhere he has gone he has asked for a sign and trade with one exception. Detroit gets Ben Wallace we get the shaft for standing by the guy through a nightmare.

I was king of leaning to when he gets healthy, they'd take the first deal. Granger is also in the same boat.

While these players are injured, a team is also wasting its other current assets as well. They won't be young and athletic for long.

I wouldn't say the Pacers are wasting their current assets.

• Upvote 1

I don't think it's personal between either parties. Grant Hill didn't appreciate Orlando just the same as Orlando never appreciated Grant Hill and why should they have? That just didn't workout 360 degrees around or sideways. Even before the injury, having Grant Hill was the result of a half finished project to sign a megastar duo or trio anyway that never materialized to have a chance to work. Had that plan had worked out and Tim Duncan had signed at the same time with whatever other quality complimentary player for example, Orlando could potentially have won a championship by now (although Orlando probably wouldn't have drafted DH, but who knows maybe that would've been a good thing).