Sign in to follow this  
God hates Magic fans

Confirmed: Kidd Requests trade BEFORE deadline

Read this on realGM, the report states that according to a NY area newspaper several sources are reporting Jason Kidds agent has essentially demanded to be traded before the trade deadline.

How does this impact us? Well it opens the door for us to pounce on either Kidd or Carter, the nets will be looking to rebuild, if we can't get a PF this could be our route to improve. Send Bogans or Dooling, Pat, Arroyo, jj and our first for Kidd..

Kidd/Nelson

Evans/Dooling

Hedo/?

Shard/Cook

Howard/Foyle

Not a bad team there it is pretty clear we need a PF and/or PG IMO..let's seize an opportunity, Kidd said himself Dwight will be a magnent for good players...an obvious sign Kidd will be happy here if we get him..

Read this on realGM, the report states that according to a NY area newspaper several sources are reporting Jason Kidds agent has essentially demanded to be traded before the trade deadline.

How does this impact us? Well it opens the door for us to pounce on either Kidd or Carter, the nets will be looking to rebuild, if we can't get a PF this could be our route to improve. Send Bogans or Dooling, Pat, Arroyo, jj and our first for Kidd..

Kidd/Nelson

Evans/Dooling

Hedo/?

Shard/Cook

Howard/Foyle

Not a bad team there it is pretty clear we need a PF and/or PG IMO..let's seize an opportunity, Kidd said himself Dwight will be a magnent for good players...an obvious sign Kidd will be happy here if we get him..

I nominate this as the best trade ever. I would send the Nets, Bogans, Dooling, Arroyo, Pat and our 1st rounder for Kidd. This would leave us with.

Kidd/Nelson

Evans/Redick

Hedo/Evans/Shard

Shard/Cook

Howard/Foyle

Can you say we would be favorites to win the East? I would say YES instantly!!!

Edit: Wouldn't work by the numbers so I would also send Battie and get Josh Boone from the Nets, This trade works.

If that trade works I would do it in a heartbeat, that would give Jersey their expirings, and we can go out and sign Kruger or someone to a small menial contract.

quote:
Originally posted by fan for too long:

I nominate this as the best trade ever. I would send the Nets, Bogans, Dooling, Arroyo, Pat and our 1st rounder for Kidd. This would leave us with.

Kidd/Nelson

Evans/Redick

Hedo/Evans/Shard

Shard/Cook

Howard/Foyle

Can you say we would be favorites to win the East? I would say YES instantly!!!

I think we would be short on Shooting guards with that.

I'm sure the Nets are salivating over these offers we're cooking up, but really folks, it ain't gonna happen.

Not saying I wouldn't love to have J-Kidd on this team. Growing up he was one of my favorite players, if not my favorite. I just think they could get a way better deal then what we have to offer. The only thing our expirings and filler could land us at this point is a solid player, if not slightly above average.

I personally don't see Jason Kidd going anyhwere this season. He'll be wearing a Nets jersey for the remainder of the season, and if he gets traded, he WON'T be wearing a Magic jersey. You have to be logical when you go about making your "best" trade offers. Like Jareth said, they can get a WAY better deal for Kidd.

It would be nice, but come one, let's be realistic...

Knowing the way Otis thinks or has address our point guard situation ("Jameer is our point guard period"), I don't believe the Orlando Magic will be shopping for a point guard. If they go for a trade, is more likely they will get a big defensive forward to help Howard under the paint (rebounds, defense, etc.).

I will agree with those of you who suggest that Kidd in a Magic Jersey is not realistic!

It never seems to make much sense to me that Kidd has been involved in some type of trade rumor almost every season!

What is worse, there is never any movement, that is because, JKidd and VC pay the bills for the Nets organization, so when they say they want to get a fair return for either of those guys, is code for.....don't ask, we are not trading him! IMHO