Sign in to follow this  
Jagsfreak27

Magic Going All In For Chris Paul's Backup?

Yeah, nobody claimed Ish was going to amount to anything. Everyone was just desperate to get Duhon off the floor.

Nah, there were posters saying Ish could be great if given minutes. It wasn't just a matter of "better than Duhon," which it turned out, was also a stretch.

With the Pistons not taking Burke in the draft I was wondering if they were trying to get Bledsoe and think a 3 way deal to send him to them could work:

Clippers receive: Aaron Afflalo, Tony Mitchell

Pistons Receive: Eric Bledsoe

Orlando receive: Caron Butler + some assets from Pistons.

With almost 25 million or so coming off their books in Calderon, Maggette and Maxiell maybe the Pistons could take Davis or Harrington from us, not sure about what else they could give us in return though. Obviously they wouldn't give up too much to us if they took a contract since they also had to give up Mitchell (who I'm hoping would partially make up for the Clippers not getting Nicholson from us) but maybe a 2015 lotto protected 1st or something. I suppose to sweeten the deal slightly you could make the Harrington or Davis trade separate to give them a pretty decent sized TPE as well.

Yea I'm just spit-balling and typing as I think so if this doesn't make sense I apologize.

Nah, there were posters saying Ish could be great if given minutes. It wasn't just a matter of "better than Duhon," which it turned out, was also a stretch.

There are going to be moron posters saying absurd things all the time. I remember a ton of people were so convinced Justin Harper was going to be a big deal and it just turned out to be another awful Otis decision that cost us the 31st pick in this year's draft. The general opinion of Magic fans regarding Ish was just wanting Duhon on the bench.

There are going to be moron posters saying absurd things all the time. I remember a ton of people were so convinced Justin Harper was going to be a big deal and it just turned out to be another awful Otis decision that cost us the 31st pick in this year's draft. The general opinion of Magic fans regarding Ish was just wanting Duhon on the bench.

Either way, what we do know is that both were awful, but Ish was had at a much more reasonable cost.

There's a certain percentage of idiots in the world, and this forum is not immune, but that assertion would have been based on what?

I think fans for many teams tend to over-rate their own players. It's natural to some extent, part of rooting for the team. Honestly I think we have a fair amount of that with the current Magic players, many of whom have shown glimmers of great potential, but who are still largely unproven at this point.

What do you guys think if we cannot get Bledsoe why not trying and get Eric Maynor from the Thunder, not sure how much potential he has but what I have seen of him he seems ok. I mean we don't really know if Bledsoe is going to be any good anyway.

What do you guys think if we cannot get Bledsoe why not trying and get Eric Maynor from the Thunder, not sure how much potential he has but what I have seen of him he seems ok. I mean we don't really know if Bledsoe is going to be any good anyway.

He's in Portland.

I think fans for many teams tend to over-rate their own players. It's natural to some extent, part of rooting for the team. Honestly I think we have a fair amount of that with the current Magic players, many of whom have shown glimmers of great potential, but who are still largely unproven at this point.

I would agree with this. It's the optimism that comes with the season. The fact of the matter is we have to look at what we have, and it's not much. I still remember when we all were labeling players like Ariza and C. Lee as potential all-stars one day, and clearly neither of those have settled into that "potential." We see the best in players, but in reality, we can't have tunnel vision when it comes to our talent vs. other team's talent.