Sign in to follow this  
Jagsfreak27

Magic Going All In For Chris Paul's Backup?

Strapped in for DOM

Nothing really worth strapping in for.

I think Bledsoe is benefiting from playing in a major market and being on TV a lot, and it's causing people to overvalue him. I'd put his ceiling at "poor man's Jamal Crawford", and I'm not convinced that's worth giving up assets for.

• Upvote 1

I think Bledsoe is benefiting from playing in a major market and being on TV a lot, and it's causing people to overvalue him. I'd put his ceiling at "poor man's Jamal Crawford", and I'm not convinced that's worth giving up assets for.

If by "people" you mean the media and fans who have been reporting about and discussing the trade scenarios regarding Bledsoe, then I agree that he might be overvalued. But if behind the scenes, Hennigan and his front office staff feel that Bledsoe might be good enough to be our starting point guard, then I'll be trusting his judgement that the price we pay is commiserate to his future value.

I really trust Rob as well. At 19, Nicholson was a nice pick and showcased a rather developed offensive game.

Heck, Oquinn was a rather awesome pickup as a second rounder, and let's not forget about Mr Jones who could have a future in this league somewhere.

I think comparing Bledsoe to Ish Smith is incredibly extreme. I have never seen Ish Smith have the games that Bledsoe has and never will because it won't happen.

But I do get the point of the post, so in that aspect, the comparison was good.

I'd agree except for the part where his game resembles Crawfords in anyway and the part where you said he's not worth giving up assets for.

• Upvote 2

Catman and Jareth just combined to say the post I was going to make so I'll just agree with them while saying "Ish? Crawford? Really??"

...and just leave it at that.

Catman and Jareth just combined to say the post I was going to make so I'll just agree with them while saying "Ish? Crawford? Really??"

...and just leave it at that.

It also explains why Dwight wanted to play in LA for a year. Apparently playing in a large market makes you better at the game of basketball.

@SpearsNBAYahoo

Clippers aren't expected to trade Eric Bledsoe tonight despite interest from the Raptors, Pistons, Pelicans, Magic and Mavs, sources tell Y!