Sign in to follow this  
jack daniel 999

Fans Game Thread * Magic - Pistons * Jan. 21st

quote:
Originally posted by KING of DARK:

What's up Magic fan?

Should be a very nice, exciting game to watch tonight against one of my favorite players in the NBA DH12 and former Piston Arroyo and Evans.

I know y'all want to win this game so bad .. but believe it or not we want to win this game too! Not because it's the Magic or anything but because we been playing bad lately.

Welcome, and if you want to bounce back against any team in the league, then we're your team! Even though Christmas has passed, the Magic are still all about giving!

Maybe it's me, but for some odd reason, I think the Magic will sneak this one out!

Magic 101

Pistons 97

I'm really excited about getting to watch a Magic game on my big screen. No trying to find the right link, no buffering. Good quality sound and picture, I LOVE IT!

As for the game itself, I'm not so sure how it's going to go. I hope we can win, but the Pistons have our number as of late and I just don't see that changing. Especially with the way our D plays.

Regardless of the outcome, I'm just happy I can watch this one on a real TV.

Actually this will be an excellent week for my viewing of our Magic. Playing the pistons twice means I'll get to watch both on the pistons network. Then our big game against Boston on ABC!

Can it be true??? I get to watch 3 televised Magic games in 1 week??? I must be dreaming.

quote:
Originally posted by FreedomFighter420:

Can it be true??? I get to watch 3 televised Magic games in 1 week??? I must be dreaming.

Be warned, we suck so bad on television lol

Go for the win guys!

Hopefully channelsurf works... But anyway, Rasheed and Chauncey are match up NIGHTMARES for us.

Detroit 109

Magic 95

My homerness makes me think we win anyway... but be real here.

quote:
Originally posted by KING of DARK:

What's up Magic fan?

Should be a very nice, exciting game to watch tonight against one of my favorite players in the NBA DH12 and former Piston Arroyo and Evans.

I know y'all want to win this game so bad .. but believe it or not we want to win this game too! Not because it's the Magic or anything but because we been playing bad lately.

Welcome to the boards K.O.D.

What I look forward to more than anything else is.......the day our boy's wake up, play to their potential on both sides of the ball for 48 mins and realize that this is the level of professionalism and maturity that your guy's play at.

I think that once we get you guy's out of our heads, it will change the complexion and direction of the East for many years.....that is what I have been waiting for and I hope it arrives today!

Alright guys I just played tonights game on 2k8, and hopefully it will duplicate it's self in real life,Magic with the win over Detroit 118-48, Shard leads all scores with 26, Howard and Nelson both have 22,kBO scores 16,and cook comes off the bench with 10pts.

Baseline Blog Shoot around...

By Nick Adams | OrlandoMagic.com

SHOOTAROUND

Shootaround had a different feel Monday morning as the Magic plan to square off against their arch-nemisis the Detroit Pistons.

Detroit has owned the Magic of late and although the guys may say they are treating the game no differently...one could sense the extra focus on tonight's match-up.

"I told the guys that nothing in the past makes a difference unless you make it a difference," said head coach Stan Van Gundy. "The fact of the matter is that Detroit has just played better than we have and we have to raise our game to their level."

If anyone would know about the level in which Detroit plays, it would be starting shooting guard Maurice Evans who spent one season with Detroit in the 2005-2006 campaign.

"They are very resilient and their core has been together for a number of years," added Evans. "They are a mentally tough team who comes out a plays hard every single night."

Detroit's core players have been together for a number of years and much of their success comes from the team chemistry they have built.

"They are a veteran team who has played together for so long and they know each other so well on the floor," Hedo Turkoglu stated.

"They are a veteran team who has won for a long time and their core guys have been together for a long time," Van Gundy added. "They play their best against the best teams and rise to the occasion when they face tough opponents."

The Pistons are 11-1 this season against the top eight teams in the Eastern Conference, and if they Magic want to compete against Detroit they must increase their level of play.

"We have to come out and play as hard as we can at both ends of the floor and do it with a lot of confidence," commented Dwight Howard.

"In order to compete with the Pistons we have to play at an extremely high energy and intensity level," Van Gundy stated. "You can't back down for a single possession against them and most importantly you have to minimize your mistakes because they will take advantage of the ones you make."

Detroit takes advantage of your mistakes and doesn't make very many of their own as they lead the NBA in fewest turnovers committing just 11.6 per contest.

Van Gundy continued, "They don't make very many mistakes and will take advantage of any miss-matches they will see so we have to be aware of that."

Miss-matches are a big part of the Pistons game because they come at you with a balanced attack with each starter averaging in double figures.

"They are probably the most balanced team in the league and can score in so many ways," commented Van Gundy, "so you can't focus on just one guy and we must play them tough at every position."

Orlando seems focused and ready to end their losing streak against the Pistons while extending their two game winning streak tonight at Amway Arena.

can't wait for this game to start.

this is a huge game for us, Detroit has made us look like fools in our previous meetings. we need to show some heart. we need to grind out this win with all the intensity that we have.