Sign in to follow this  
ball junkie

Schmitz says Magic players have "low IQ's"! Better get Vince!!(blog)

I hate to pile on all the negativity being shredded upon on our team this morning but thought you guys would be interested in what the Magic's beat writer for the Sentinel had to say about last night's debacle:

quote:

A Ridiculous Loss, But Who's Surprised?

The coach so familiar to the Magic got the last laugh.

"My team keeps trying to ruin other people's season," said Doc Rivers.

The Magic's season might not have been ruined in a double OT loss Wednesday nightt by their former coach's young Celtics. Then again, as tight and topsy-turvy as this playoff race is, the Magic might look back at it and rue the night.

It's no surprise, really.

They can classify and categorize it right there with all their other losses to sub-.500 teams this season. The three to the Atlanta Hawks, the ones to the Charlotte Bobcats and the Memphis Grizzlies.

This one, to the Celtics, particularly stings, dropping the Magic from No. 7 to No. 8 in the playoff chase, the demolition derby that is the Eastern Conference.

Everybody ought to get called into GM Otis Smith's office for this stupifying defeat, from Coach Brian Hill to Grant Hill.

The Magic were lifeless for an entire half, fell behind by 14 to the lottery-bound Bostonians and then made one dunderhead play after another. Very typical of their low basketball IQs.

The biggest was the Magic being unable to execute a simple out-of-bounds play, Grant Hill to Hedo Turkoglu. Turkoglu lost the ball on an out of bounds, but said he was fouled and sent into the seats by Paul PIerce.

The play or non-call kept the game going and worse, allowed it to be grabbed by Pierce, who simply underscored a weakness the Magic better correct this summer.

Pierce willed the Celtics to this win as only a big-time scoring star can, hitting the game-tying jumper in regulation and then a game-tying 3-pointer at the end of the first OT. He got the game into a second OT, where young Al Jefferson took over for Pierce.

We need Vince, but what are we gonna do for a point guard?

How will we address both issues in one summer?

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/sports_magic/2007/03/a_ridiculous_lo.html

I hate to pile on all the negativity being shredded upon on our team this morning but thought you guys would be interested in what the Magic's beat writer for the Sentinel had to say about last night's debacle:

quote:

A Ridiculous Loss, But Who's Surprised?

The coach so familiar to the Magic got the last laugh.

"My team keeps trying to ruin other people's season," said Doc Rivers.

The Magic's season might not have been ruined in a double OT loss Wednesday nightt by their former coach's young Celtics. Then again, as tight and topsy-turvy as this playoff race is, the Magic might look back at it and rue the night.

It's no surprise, really.

They can classify and categorize it right there with all their other losses to sub-.500 teams this season. The three to the Atlanta Hawks, the ones to the Charlotte Bobcats and the Memphis Grizzlies.

This one, to the Celtics, particularly stings, dropping the Magic from No. 7 to No. 8 in the playoff chase, the demolition derby that is the Eastern Conference.

Everybody ought to get called into GM Otis Smith's office for this stupifying defeat, from Coach Brian Hill to Grant Hill.

The Magic were lifeless for an entire half, fell behind by 14 to the lottery-bound Bostonians and then made one dunderhead play after another. Very typical of their low basketball IQs.

The biggest was the Magic being unable to execute a simple out-of-bounds play, Grant Hill to Hedo Turkoglu. Turkoglu lost the ball on an out of bounds, but said he was fouled and sent into the seats by Paul PIerce.

The play or non-call kept the game going and worse, allowed it to be grabbed by Pierce, who simply underscored a weakness the Magic better correct this summer.

Pierce willed the Celtics to this win as only a big-time scoring star can, hitting the game-tying jumper in regulation and then a game-tying 3-pointer at the end of the first OT. He got the game into a second OT, where young Al Jefferson took over for Pierce.

We need Vince, but what are we gonna do for a point guard?

How will we address both issues in one summer?

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/sports_magic/2007/03/a_ridiculous_lo.html

I don't think I have ever heard Brian so negative before, but considering how most of us feel. It is about time he stopped cheerleading and started reporting.

Simple fact, we played down to their level long enough to let their star take over the game and win it. Were we so giddy about our two game win streak that we actually took this team for granted?

Why can't a veteran coach of 30+ years in the league get a team trying to lock down a playoff spot to focus when we play the dregs of the league?

Why do I keep watching, supporting and caring about this team when they don't seem to care themselves?

What this team needs is a coach who can both motivate the team and play to its strenghts. I personally think we are set with our current roster (especially our PG's Nelson and Arroyo) if this team would just play a run and gun Phoenix Suns' style offense.

IMO, here's my list of Magic players WITH BB IQ:

JJ Redick

Travis Diener

Grant Hill

Trevor Ariza

Pat Garrity

James Augustine

Darko Milicic

quote:
Originally posted by n_cruz69:

What this team needs is a coach who can both motivate the team and play to its strenghts. I personally think we are set with our current roster (especially our PG's Nelson and Arroyo) if this team would just play a run and gun Phoenix Suns' style offense.

If this team were to play a Suns style offense, you would still hafta worry about their Low B-Ball IQ's - the Suns system is filled with people who understand what it is they are trying to accomplish as a Team, and they play together and to each others strengths - what you have in Meer and his clone Arroyo are NOT team players, and they have the B-Ball IQ of stumps, how can you expect them to thrive in a more intense system when they cant even handle the dull dump it low system that we try to get them to play (without success or commiting to it at that)?

The Magic dont need these type of B-Ball mavericks out on the court.

quote:
Originally posted by The Dude Abides:

If this team were to play a Suns style offense, you would still hafta worry about their Low B-Ball IQ's - the Suns system is filled with people who understand what it is they are trying to accomplish as a Team, and they play together and to each others strengths - what you have in Meer and his clone Arroyo are NOT team players, and they have the B-Ball IQ of stumps, how can you expect them to thrive in a more intense system when they cant even handle the dull dump it low system that we try to get them to play (without success or commiting to it at that)?

The Magic dont need these type of B-Ball mavericks out on the court.

Nycely said, Dude.

Brian has been coming done on Jameer quite a bit lately. I wonder if he knows something we don't know. He even criticized Bhill... so he was serious and he is disgusted as we all have been. I do like that list of BB IQ and I agree. Heck, it must be time for another team meeting we won the game after the meeting.

Its so frusterating to watch this team consistently play down to their competition. We just lost to perhaps the worst team in the NBA and we are in the middle of a playoff chase. If they can't get motivated to make the playoffs then what does it take? I'm angry, confused and upset. It has been a theme for this season.

quote:

I disagree, just because i think that this team has given up on the coach. BHIll is trying to implement a slow grind it out system which our players dont like playing. I think that we have seen how every time we run we win (i.e. vs. Bucks, vs. Jazz, etc). And I can also see that we have solid passers (and great ones in Arroyo, Darko, Reddick) and the youth and athleticism to implement an effective running game.

it is indeed a shame, then it is not correct to speak this basketball game with the terms that include open and direct racist and destructing references like low IQs.

it is a game, in the last analysis, sometime you win, sometime you loose.

"their low basketball IQs"

well what is next?