Sign in to follow this  
otis_smith

Chris Wilcox is available...

quote:
Originally posted by MilitaryMagic:

Pfft, what the heck would Milwaukee want to trade Redd for.

Anyhow, interesting to see that the writer suggested Villanueva would be a good fit in Orlando. I worry about V being a poor defender and rebounder, but he has potential to be an impact player in this league. He's already proven he can have a big impact on offense and he has the body to do it at the other end too. If anyone can get him to play tougher, I'd say it's SVG.

On another note... I do question the writer... why would Seattle want to give up Wilcox or Collison? There's no logic there. Both guys have good contracts and are young and ready to produce alongside their new young guys.

Not to mention Seattle has how many failed big man projects on their roster? Petro, Swift, Sene?

quote:
Originally posted by Jareth Cutestory:

quote:
Originally posted by MilitaryMagic:

Pfft, what the heck would Milwaukee want to trade Redd for.

Anyhow, interesting to see that the writer suggested Villanueva would be a good fit in Orlando. I worry about V being a poor defender and rebounder, but he has potential to be an impact player in this league. He's already proven he can have a big impact on offense and he has the body to do it at the other end too. If anyone can get him to play tougher, I'd say it's SVG.

On another note... I do question the writer... why would Seattle want to give up Wilcox or Collison? There's no logic there. Both guys have good contracts and are young and ready to produce alongside their new young guys.

Not to mention Seattle has how many failed big man projects on their roster? Petro, Swift, Sene?

Haha yea, no crap, I didn't even consider that.

You'd think they'd be looking to trade one of those three long before they trade away crucial pieces like Collison or Wilcox.

I wouldn't take Collison, he's only 6'9, and we really need a body banger in the paint with dwight, i'd go with villanueva first then consider wilcox, vill because he's younger and gets paid less, and then wilcox because he's young as well, and provides a big body. i think other that those two factors that vill can actually shoot the three at some point when push comes to shove, an outside shot isn't bad to have.

Another player on that list would be dalembert, but he's getting paid way too much. maybe we can wait for mcgrady to deem himself worthless and trade for him, but he's injured right now, and i think that would be a cardinal sin in the post grant hill era.

quote:
Originally posted by 30Assists:

Collison is much better than you think - he plays pretty good defense and moves around a lot: he's not a spot up shooter.

He is also an excellent offensive rebounder. Think we could use that with all the jumpers we take?

quote:
Originally posted by CoachTsurfing:

quote:
Originally posted by SmackDaddy:

I would take any of the 3 PF's listed as available:

Collison

Wilcox

Villanueva

Heck I would trade Shard & JJ straight up for Redd & Vilanueva in a heart beat too.

That's one of the smartest trade sceniors I've seen here. the shard/jj for redd/vilanueva

I think likewise. That is one hell of an idea.

quote:

quote:

Collison

Wilcox

Villanueva

Heck I would trade Shard & JJ straight up for Redd & Vilanueva in a heart beat too.

That's one of the smartest trade sceniors I've seen here. the shard/jj for redd/vilanueva

Only any idiot would accept Lewis and Redick in exchange for that. No one in this league would want Lewis' contract at this point.

Not saying I wouldn't like the trade, just that it wouldn't happen.

Collison is the man and exactly what we need. He is a phenom on the boards, a hustler/tough guy, and has a lil' jumper. If he comes here, I already have his nickname: "Bumper."

*Edit: In 5 of his last 7 games, he has double digit rebounding numbers.

quote:
Originally posted by O-dub:

quote:

quote:

Collison

Wilcox

Villanueva

I think likewise. That is one hell of an idea.

YOU PEOPLE!!! Sheesh! If you like this trade idea check out what I wrote on the cost of redd thread on here. Smack thought of the trade idea first so credit to him and I added to the trade idea including my thoughts on why both teams would go for it.

quote:
Originally posted by JustMeAdrian:

Only any idiot would accept Lewis and Redick in exchange for that. No one in this league would want Lewis' contract at this point.

Not saying I wouldn't like the trade, just that it wouldn't happen.

Redd doesn't have a reasonable contract either.

It's something like 65 million over the next 4 years.

Many people believe JJ could in fact average 15ppg if given minutes (don't know if he could defend, but he can definitely score). Shard gives them a very big, very potent frontcourt with Yi & Bogut. They already have Mo at the point.

So you're telling me they wouldn't consider:

Mo, JJ(or Mason), Shard, Yi, Bogut as a starting 5?

I beg to differ.

That would give us a starting lineup of:

Arroyo/Jameer

Redd

Turk

Villanueva

Dwight

Not a whole lot of defense, but I bet we could outscore every team in the NBA. You then figure you have defensive/hustle players coming off the bench in Dooling/Evans/Bogans/Augie/Foyle, and IMO both teams have improved.