Sign in to follow this  
otis_smith

What is Pat Garrity's trade kicker?

My wife dropped off the sofa last night when she saw what Garrity pockets. Is he one of the luckiest guys around or what? His last contract is one of the worst in Magic history.

So we still don't know what it is?

I was in the understanding that if Pat Garrity were to be traded it would trigger a two year extension, that being the sole reason he is still with us.

Ahh... Interesting. Then I must assume he is only with us to make my Pat Garrity jersey retain its value. Keep on working Pat, some of us still appreciate what you have done for this team your entire career.

My understanding is that if Garrity had been traded prior to this season, an additional $500K (the kicker) would have been added to the final year of his contract. I do not believe that applies any longer since his final contract year has begun. But even if it does, it would mean that whatever team takes him in a trade would have to pay the additional 500K. It does not add additional years to his current contract.

Garrity is young enough that he would continue to play for several years if a vet team wanted to make him their Matt Bullard (for you old timers). But I could just as easily see him sticking around here and signing a one or two year deal for the vet minimum. He has roots here, a long history, and management and ownership likes him.

quote:
Garrity is young enough that he would continue to play for several years if a vet team wanted to make him their Matt Bullard (for you old timers). But I could just as easily see him sticking around here and signing a one or two year deal for the vet minimum. He has roots here, a long history, and management and ownership likes him.

I agree, and wouldn't mind having him back... But I have a feeling some of the crazies around here might finally go postal if he signs a new deal.

quote:
Originally posted by WPMagic:

quote:

I agree, and wouldn't mind having him back... But I have a feeling some of the crazies around here might finally go postal if he signs a new deal.

is that a bad thing?