Sign in to follow this  
Jagsfreak27

REPORT: Orl Will Likely Choose Between Burke and McLemore

I prefer McLemore because if we miss out on a top two or three pick in next year's draft, then it would give us the opportunity draft the guy we originally wanted in Smart. For me, a backcourt pairing of McLemore and Smart would be excellent for this team going forwards. Granted if we go for Burke, then we can go for Harrison or Young the following season, though personally I prefer the first option of a partnership between McLemore and Smart. Also, I think McLemore has more upside, though admittedly Burke is seemingly the better leader.

Tough choice, but I'd go with McLemore because we can always shift Afflalo and/or Baby for a late pick and grab Shane Larkin late in the first round. That could kill two birds with one stone.

You know, Jameer wasn't considered particularly fast and he definately wasn't big but he was considered a leader and a winner. I think that pick worked out pretty well for us. I have serious concerns about a guy that seems to shy away from competition regardless of how high he jumps or how well he shoots. I would rather see Mo get time to develop at the 2. I also tend to think it is easier to find a serviceable shooter via FA than it would be to try an pry away a starting PG from some other team.

There's no reason to smokescreen, all three guys will be there at 2

we don't need a reason to smokescreen

The title of this thread is misleading. The article actual reads "Orlando decision likely between Burke and McLemore" which is speculative and not nearly as absolute as the thread title makes it sound

The title of this thread is misleading. The article actual reads "Orlando decision likely between Burke and McLemore" which is speculative and not nearly as absolute as the thread title makes it sound

Edited the title.

You know, Jameer wasn't considered particularly fast and he definately wasn't big but he was considered a leader and a winner. I think that pick worked out pretty well for us. I have serious concerns about a guy that seems to shy away from competition regardless of how high he jumps or how well he shoots. I would rather see Mo get time to develop at the 2. I also tend to think it is easier to find a serviceable shooter via FA than it would be to try an pry away a starting PG from some other team.

I can't Jameer he a bum!!! Bring back Arroyo!!!

Jameer could have been good but he quit pushing himself and got complacent.

Burke is not that kind of guy! He's a fighter, he never settles no matter the scoreboard. He's got a killer instinct