Sign in to follow this  
jack daniel 999

Post GAME Reaction THREAD***Magic vs Celtics

quote:
Originally posted by zava:

Hedo should be the last one to blame on this loose..get a clue..he was 7-14 from the field with 9R 4A and 20 points..what about Nelson 4-14FG with 4A and Howard was 4-14 from the free throw line. I am not blaming Nelson or Howard for the L but got upset when some idiots blame this on Hedo..He was the best of our team tonight.

Agreed 100%

quote:
Originally posted by ibonedteribell:

I didnt watch the game, anybody know why Carlos didnt get more minutes, did he look bad?

Carlos actually looked really good and brought a spark to the team for the minutes he played.. so your answer is: Brian Hill.

quote:

Guys, the difference here were the turnovers, 20 to 14, check who did them. The rest of stats were about even. Does anybody now their TO conversion rate? The Turk, Hill and Battie had a good game but Jameer and Howard were out of it offensively. I didnt watch the game, anybody know why Carlos didnt get more minutes, did he look bad?

Beleive me when i say that this game wasnt lost by our guys or won by the Celtics, this game was clearly won by the Ref's.

They were screwing us from the start to the very finish. The game should of been won on a "foul call on Paul for humping Turk out of bounds " but instead no call, Celtics send it to over time.... and the rest is history

this one was tough... we defenately should've won this game..

it's hard to think positive... but.... at least we should be able to win next game (i hope)...

quote:
Originally posted by barnettej:

quote:

Guys, the difference here were the turnovers, 20 to 14, check who did them. The rest of stats were about even. Does anybody now their TO conversion rate? The Turk, Hill and Battie had a good game but Jameer and Howard were out of it offensively. I didnt watch the game, anybody know why Carlos didnt get more minutes, did he look bad?

Beleive me when i say that this game wasnt lost by our guys or won by the Celtics, this game was clearly won by the Ref's.

They were screwing us from the start to the very finish. The game should of been won on a "foul call on Paul for humping Turk out of bounds " but instead no call, Celtics send it to over time.... and the rest is history

Tell me it doesn't smell fishy that the same bull crap happened to Hedo earlier this season. It makes you suspicious.

I don't care what the media or anyone in Orlando makes him out to be, or what he has done (on very few ocasions by taking the big shot, I might add!), JAMEER should not be taking those shots,

especialy when we have a shooter in JJ.

He is not the answer to such a situation! He proved it doing it twice! GRANT HILL should have had the ball in the final seconds...I've always said it, in that situation, our player with the most experience should have the ball in his hands, in this case being GRANT HILL!!!

AND WTF is going on when BHill took out Carlos in the 4th after he pushed the offense and the tempo of the game with Dooling? They got the job done and gave us the lead! Jameer just didn't bring it tonight, everyone had flaws in this game, but I'm most upset with Jameer's selfish plays at the end! He should've looked for the open man, not try to win it 2 times by himself!

I would not have taken Carlos and Dooling out of the 4th...that was the spark my friends...they got it done!

Much Love!!!

As much as I'd like to get on Hedo for losing the ball at the end, I have to give him nothing but love. The guy is sick before the game and might not even play, but he gives it his best effort, plays some great defense on Paul, and hits some bit shots in regulation and even the first overtime. But, and I never went to medical school, how can you leave him in there for 47 MINS? Who does that? Oh I remember, Brian Hill does. The substitutions make no sense. JJ plays the entire second quarter and then doesn't play again (except for the inbounds at the end of regulation) until the last 40 seconds on the game? Good lord. Get Trevor in the game during one of the overtimes. As for Arroyo, I'm a white guy, so I have no bias here, but it makes no sense. Why the all or nothing approach? Sure Carlos has some issues and has games where you wonder 'why do you keep shooting the off balance 20 footer off the pick and roll' but he also has games where you wonder why he isn't the starting point guard. There are times when he can help the team on offense, as he showed tonight and in the Jersey game. I don't blame Dwight for implementing the face up play, also known as the traveling/offensive foul play, out of frustration. Brian NEVER runs a pick and roll get Dwight the ball, or a slide Dwight under the basket and get him the ball quickly, or any other play that gets him an easy basket. Instead it's the 'hey let's pass the ball to Dwight 14 feet away from the basket and watch him get confused on where to pass the ball if the double team comes...oh wait no double team...uh oh...better pass it out since I'm too far away from the basket...now a guard gets it with 3 seconds on the clock 23 feet away from the basket. Orlando Magic offense: it's fantastic!

quote:
Originally posted by Greg Kite for Three!:

As much as I'd like to get on Hedo for losing the ball at the end, I have to give him nothing but love. The guy is sick before the game and might not even play, but he gives it his best effort, plays some great defense on Paul, and hits some bit shots in regulation and even the first overtime. But, and I never went to medical school, how can you leave him in there for 47 MINS? Who does that? Oh I remember, Brian Hill does. The substitutions make no sense. JJ plays the entire second quarter and then doesn't play again (except for the inbounds at the end of regulation) until the last 40 seconds on the game? Good lord. Get Trevor in the game during one of the overtimes. As for Arroyo, I'm a white guy, so I have no bias here, but it makes no sense. Why the all or nothing approach? Sure Carlos has some issues and has games where you wonder 'why do you keep shooting the off balance 20 footer off the pick and roll' but he also has games where you wonder why he isn't the starting point guard. There are times when he can help the team on offense, as he showed tonight and in the Jersey game. I don't blame Dwight for implementing the face up play, also known as the traveling/offensive foul play, out of frustration. Brian NEVER runs a pick and roll get Dwight the ball, or a slide Dwight under the basket and get him the ball quickly, or any other play that gets him an easy basket. Instead it's the 'hey let's pass the ball to Dwight 14 feet away from the basket and watch him get confused on where to pass the ball if the double team comes...oh wait no double team...uh oh...better pass it out since I'm too far away from the basket...now a guard gets it with 3 seconds on the clock 23 feet away from the basket. Orlando Magic offense: it's fantastic!

great first post... totally agree

I bet New York is getting a good chuckle out of this one. I am now convinced that NBA refs are just bums, straight off the street. There's no way ANYONE can miss such calls.

quote:
Originally posted by Greg Kite for Three!:

Greg, what an excellent post to start in the board. You reminded me of MarcAcres in his good moments.