Sign in to follow this  
bostjan

Darko Milicic, 2.0

Nice article on Darko, I love how the media still questions his work ethics when I have yet to see any of that here. I think a lot of that had to do with frustration and immaturity in Detroit.

I think we all sometimes forget how young Dwight and Darko really are. Both are so physical imposing for a couple of 21 year olds, but still learning how to play this NBA game.

That being said, I still don't like how he is being used by Brian Hill. I think he should still be a starter, Battie had one decent game when Darko was out. But he is still having problems handling the ball, teams see that now and doubling off him against Dwight.

I also wish they would give him the green light to shoot from the top of the key. He can hit that shot like Horace Grant did with Shaq on the floor, to help loosen the defense up when they pack the paint.

I think that is the most quotes that I've seen from Darko in an article. He seems to really be coming out of his shell.

Everytime I read "21 years old" and then I look at how he has played in his first real year of getting any playing time , I think that everyone who thinks we are letting Darko go this summer is crazy. A 7 footer, playing decent NBA ball, who could still be in college, has a chip on his shoulder and has been on an NBA championship team. I really think he has a chance to be insanely good with a new coach and two-three more years.

This was a nice read, hopefully he will stay with the team and become a great NBA player.

Could you guys imagine what a team would be like if they had Shaq and Dirk in their prime on the same team???

Because thats what we are looking like, if both Darko and Dwight keep developing their game.

I'm sorry guys, I gotta say it. This is why signing Darko scares the crap out of me and why I think Otis should very careful about dishing out a lot of money to this guy. Got this from John Hollinger's chat just now:

quote:
Dave(orlando): Rashard lewis for 12M a year or Darko for 8M a year?

John Hollinger: (2:55 PM ET ) Rashard. It might be years before Darko figures out he has to play hard every night.

What do you guys think he's gonna do once he gets a big contract, "play harder then"?

I think he will work hard because of the teammates that are around him, they are all without exception hard workers.

Then there is always trading possibility if he doesn't turn out the way we want him to. I don't see us having problems with getting another valuable player in return if it comes to that.

quote:
Originally posted by ball junkie:

I'm sorry guys, I gotta say it. This is why signing Darko scares the crap out of me and why I think Otis should very careful about dishing out a lot of money to this guy. Got this from John Hollinger's chat just now:

quote:

John Hollinger: (2:55 PM ET ) Rashard. It might be years before Darko figures out he has to play hard every night.

What do you guys think he's gonna do once he gets a big contract, "play harder then"?

Darko needs to play hard as compared to what? Watching Darko, it always seemed like he didn't know what to do, not that he didn't want to do it. Confusion rather than laziness.

And I doubt Rashard will leave Seattle. They'll offer him more money than anyone else will, and they'll make him their centerpiece.

quote:
Originally posted by Drunk on Mystery:

quote:
Originally posted by ball junkie:

quote:

Confusion rather than laziness.

Ask Larry Brown and Flip Saunders that question. Don't forget Brian Hill is his third coach.

Anyone else notice Trevor Ariza is spending a lot more time playing the power forward position?

Could Darko be the odd man out this summer?

Time will tell.