Sign in to follow this  
ReeceGaines

Why was it necessary to extend Jameer for $35-38m when he was RESTRICTED?

quote:
Originally posted by ibonedteribell:

quote:
Actually... it's split down the middle with 3 out of 6 games that Howard has scored 30 or more the majority of PG minutes have gone to each Jameer and Arroyo... and, incase your wondering as well, one loss for each. The Suns at home for Arroyo and the Spurs away for Jameer. Don't try to Redlion me with your 'facts' lol.. j/k
The fact is that Carlos can do the same for Howard to keep him happy and he is feeling less dependent on Jameer. A PG play time canot be decided on emotinal choices but game reality that impacts on winning. If Jameer does this he deserves it and viceversa.

Chemistry has everything to do with trust and emotions.

there are 82 games during the season and players will have off nights. but as you can see there will be nights where players are on. reece you do look rather dumb now. i hope you can realize that you need to give our players some slack.

quote:
Originally posted by BdonovanMagic:

Why is it needed to give jameer an extension? Look at the game today and you will know why.

Amen. The man stepped up when offense was weak and carried us part of the way.

Monday night through Tuesday morning, 12/4 & 12/5.

21 points. 11 assists. 8 boards. ONE turnover. No Carlos Arroyo to fall back on.

'Nuff said.

This thread should be titled, Let me discredit your short sighted argument with one of my own.

1 game, 20 games don't provide the answer to this question either way. About 90% of the posters on this board puzzle over the results of a single game more than the players and coaching staff.

Some people just like to complain, whatever happened to jameer over the weekend CLEARLY affected his focus. for the most part he's been rock solid, now it's starting to become obvious why TMAC was ran out of town, because people in this area are always angry about something(Orlando is the angriest city in America afterall!)

We have beaten alot of good teams this year and Jameer has been instrumental in alot of them. I feel like the Arroyo/Nelson armies are always hoping the other sucks, I rather see both play well and continue to help this team win!

The fact that Nelson put up a near triple-double last night, the night after a poor performance, and against a team with strong back court play, should make us feel good about what Jameer is capable of. "Ghost" made a good point that one game shouldn't sway us either way, and I agree. Nontheless, I was impressed.

Oh, and Iboned, this thread wasn't about Carlos, and there are other factors that go into play when choosing a starting point guard than how well your leading scorer plays with him. Offensively, Nelson is capable of providing a lift when our other horses are having off nights.

Everyone notice how Reece is nowhere to be found after Jameer has a good game. Well said by God Hates Magic Fans. Whether it's Arroyo or Nelson, as long as we win, who cares who steps up on any perticular night.