Sign in to follow this  
~O~

The "Orlando Magic Forum" Peace Post

To begin with, there has been notice throughout the message board that their has been in increase in this forums negativity.

Seems like this forum is message board is slowly on the pathway to decay to being the pit of hell (Also Known as RealGM). All of the insults and venting on these losses against teams may be freedom of speech and such but all I ask is for members to tone it down. If you have a problem with someone, PM them and argue in private, not public or PM a mod about it.

We've had a game thread recently lock because of the bickering of members of this forum and other unnoticed conflicts in other threads.

In Fact:

Player bashing, starting roles, Lewis's contract, post count, attitude towards others have, Magic losses and wins(Unbelievably), playing time, player fans, officiating, long time quarrels and many other preposterous arguments have been destroying this particular forum's harmony.

After witnessing all the chaos through the forum, I've decided to create a thread for all the peaceful positive people in the forum.

The point of this thread is for any "*REAL*" man or women stepping up and apologizing for any negative subject mentioned above or not.

If you don't have nothing to apologize for, just post something funny at least to bring some positive to this post.

Unite The Fans!!!!!

To begin with, there has been notice throughout the message board that their has been in increase in this forums negativity.

Seems like this forum is message board is slowly on the pathway to decay to being the pit of hell (Also Known as RealGM). All of the insults and venting on these losses against teams may be freedom of speech and such but all I ask is for members to tone it down. If you have a problem with someone, PM them and argue in private, not public or PM a mod about it.

We've had a game thread recently lock because of the bickering of members of this forum and other unnoticed conflicts in other threads.

In Fact:

Player bashing, starting roles, Lewis's contract, post count, attitude towards others have, Magic losses and wins(Unbelievably), playing time, player fans, officiating, long time quarrels and many other preposterous arguments have been destroying this particular forum's harmony.

After witnessing all the chaos through the forum, I've decided to create a thread for all the peaceful positive people in the forum.

The point of this thread is for any "*REAL*" man or women stepping up and apologizing for any negative subject mentioned above or not.

If you don't have nothing to apologize for, just post something funny at least to bring some positive to this post.

Unite The Fans!!!!!

Points that need to be made

We are all equal here.

We are all Magic fans. In turn, I would think that would make us one collective group of FRIENDS. Sounds corny yes, but we need to think of it that way.

We are one of the best forums i've ever seen on the internet, and i've seen a crap load. Lets keep it that way.

EVERYTHING we say is indeed an opinion. I think we ALL tend to lose focus of that, and think our word is law. That needs to be stopped.

We are not the Heat boards, period.

When you start to actually get frustrated, take a deep breathe, and walk away from the computer. Fortunately, you have that power.

None of us our GM's, players, or for that matter, important to any financial, or managerial decisions the Magic have to make. Get over it, and move on. It will make your time here way more pleasant. And I mean that in the nicest of ways.

We need to take ONE HUGE CYBER group hug and start from scratch guys. The debates that have no end to them need to stop right now. If you want, create one specific thread to debate about one players performance. There are way too many duplicated threads going on around here.

Also, aside from basketball, some of you posters need to remember the internet is a powerful tool full of information, but also entertainment. It is made to be fun, not 100% serious all the time. Lighten up, and if you have a problem, kindly PM the person to voice your thoughts.

Thats my take on this mess.

I am posting this in here as well so people can read it. It needs to be read.

quote:
Originally posted by O-dub:

Dear Mods, can you delete the other one and leave this one open?

Wait a sec, why does mine get the shaft? I posted it first, you think you're the man because you have "Official" in the title? Lol.

Don't make me merk you dawg.

quote:
Originally posted by Osprey23:

quote:

Wait a sec, why does mine get the shaft? I posted it first, you think you're the man because you have "Official" in the title? Lol.

No, he meant his other thread with the same title. Don't make me go merking crazy here.

Peace is not hard to acheive at all, just remove yourself (or myself) from the equation, and it will be easy to see...that it is not all about you or me!!

Right now, our team is doing great things, and I am going to pull for them, winn, lose or draw! We suffered through the really lean times, and when it looks like our guy's have grown into a real contender....we stop cheering them and turn the attention to individual posters....WHAT?

Let's return to the class that made this board different,no... not just different....BETTER! Go Magic, we are the beast!!!

quote:
Originally posted by Jareth Cutestory:

Points that need to be made

We are all equal here.

We are all Magic fans. In turn, I would think that would make us one collective group of FRIENDS. Sounds corny yes, but we need to think of it that way.

We are one of the best forums i've ever seen on the internet, and i've seen a crap load. Lets keep it that way.

EVERYTHING we say is indeed an opinion. I think we ALL tend to lose focus of that, and think our word is law. That needs to be stopped.

We are not the Heat boards, period.

When you start to actually get frustrated, take a deep breathe, and walk away from the computer. Fortunately, you have that power.

None of us our GM's, players, or for that matter, important to any financial, or managerial decisions the Magic have to make. Get over it, and move on. It will make your time here way more pleasant. And I mean that in the nicest of ways.

We need to take ONE HUGE CYBER group hug and start from scratch guys. The debates that have no end to them need to stop right now. If you want, create one specific thread to debate about one players performance. There are way too many duplicated threads going on around here.

Also, aside from basketball, some of you posters need to remember the internet is a powerful tool full of information, but also entertainment. It is made to be fun, not 100% serious all the time. Lighten up, and if you have a problem, kindly PM the person to voice your thoughts.

Thats my take on this mess.

I am posting this in here as well so people can read it. It needs to be read.

I'm down with the ONE HUGE CYBER GROUP HUG.Can we do it without shirts?

GO MAGIC!!!!!!!!!

I think there is a big difference between expressing a negative opinion about something and launching personal attacks because of differing opinions. The former shouldn't be discouraged because of a tendency for some people to succumb to the latter.

SmackDaddy and I had a pretty good back and forth "argument" going earlier today about a negative subject (Rashard's contract), but not once did either of us launch a personal attack on the other. I think that kind of discussion is healthy and good for any kind of forum.

You can discuss negative things and negative opinions without getting nasty with one another. I support that.

quote:
Originally posted by Marc Acres 3:16:

quote:
Originally posted by Osprey23:

quote:

No, he meant his other thread with the same title. Don't make me go merking crazy here.

Are we going to use "merk" now like the Smurfs used "Smurf"? If so, then awesome.