Sign in to follow this  
ball junkie

A Keith Bogans thread - Where Redick lovers like to insult & crticize(Andie & Jacklj)

After Hedo Turkoglu that is. Hedo's been the man in the 4th quarter so far this year but this thread is about Bogans.

Yeah, it's true, I'm a Bogans homer being as how I was raised in the "basketball crazed" state of Kentucky. Same place Keith went to school.

How about Bogans play in crunch time this year? Not only did he hit some big 3's last night but he did the same thing against Portland on Monday night. And to top it off I'm now seeing him trying to take the ball to the hole. He did it in crunch time last night drawing a foul and getting to the line and knocking down 2 big free throws.

The last of his 3 point shots late in the 4th quarter last night caused this response from Matt Goukas on the TV feed, "And that one is gonna send the fans to the exits in a hurry"! And this was after he had just played an average game up until that point.

You know he's gonna play good, hard defense every night. Stan has said from the beginning he is the teams best perimeter defender which means each and every night he is gonna get the assignment of gaurding the best player on the opposing team.

Some of you have said you don't think he's a long term solution at the SG position. Others have said lets see him sustain it for awhile Well, we're 17 games into the new season and he has basically given the team what it has needed each and every night barring maybe 1 or 2.(Suns?) Good to great defense, shooting the 3 well and sometimes hitting it in clutch situations.

In fact the only game this year in which he failed in the clutch(Cleveland overtime game when he missed 2 free throws) he came back in the overtime period to not only take a big 3 when we were still down by 2 but make it and put the Magic back in the lead. And that was after most players confidence would have been shaken after missing 2 big free throws like he did.

For those of you that consider Bogans a career back-up I though I would point out some facts for you.

Keith has played in 295 games in his NBA career. Of those 295 he has started 144 of them. Roughly about half of his career. I don't consider those numbers to be that of a career back-up.

Lastly, he is averaging .8 turnovers a game for a guy that many people say doesn't know how to feed the post which I've seen him doing much more frequently lately. And he plays an average of 32 minutes a game.

My question to the board is, do we still need a bigtime scoring upgrade at the 2 position with all the scorers this team already has or is Keith Bogans a possible long term solution for this club at shooting guard?

After Hedo Turkoglu that is. Hedo's been the man in the 4th quarter so far this year but this thread is about Bogans.

Yeah, it's true, I'm a Bogans homer being as how I was raised in the "basketball crazed" state of Kentucky. Same place Keith went to school.

How about Bogans play in crunch time this year? Not only did he hit some big 3's last night but he did the same thing against Portland on Monday night. And to top it off I'm now seeing him trying to take the ball to the hole. He did it in crunch time last night drawing a foul and getting to the line and knocking down 2 big free throws.

The last of his 3 point shots late in the 4th quarter last night caused this response from Matt Goukas on the TV feed, "And that one is gonna send the fans to the exits in a hurry"! And this was after he had just played an average game up until that point.

You know he's gonna play good, hard defense every night. Stan has said from the beginning he is the teams best perimeter defender which means each and every night he is gonna get the assignment of gaurding the best player on the opposing team.

Some of you have said you don't think he's a long term solution at the SG position. Others have said lets see him sustain it for awhile Well, we're 17 games into the new season and he has basically given the team what it has needed each and every night barring maybe 1 or 2.(Suns?) Good to great defense, shooting the 3 well and sometimes hitting it in clutch situations.

In fact the only game this year in which he failed in the clutch(Cleveland overtime game when he missed 2 free throws) he came back in the overtime period to not only take a big 3 when we were still down by 2 but make it and put the Magic back in the lead. And that was after most players confidence would have been shaken after missing 2 big free throws like he did.

For those of you that consider Bogans a career back-up I though I would point out some facts for you.

Keith has played in 295 games in his NBA career. Of those 295 he has started 144 of them. Roughly about half of his career. I don't consider those numbers to be that of a career back-up.

Lastly, he is averaging .8 turnovers a game for a guy that many people say doesn't know how to feed the post which I've seen him doing much more frequently lately. And he plays an average of 32 minutes a game.

My question to the board is, do we still need a bigtime scoring upgrade at the 2 position with all the scorers this team already has or is Keith Bogans a possible long term solution for this club at shooting guard?

i thought i was thru with this board but i could not pass this one up. with people like you and smack always making fun or putting down certain players or others who post on this board,it was unusal to see you actually say something positive about anything. bogans has surely played well so far this year but i think you answered this question by even asking it. he is not the long term answer. he is a back up *************** i am a basketball fan first, second a magic fan. go magic jacklj

jacklj:

While you are allowed and encouraged to offer your opinion on a subject, we do have a few rules...

quote:
1. Members should post in a way that is respectful of other users. This applies to ALL users, regardless of post count. Flaming, trolling or abusing users with offensive, racist, vulgar language amongst other things will not be tolerated and will lead to a warning, suspension or ban.

If you have a personal problem with a member it is best to use PM's or to let one of us moderators know, so we can take care of the problem and keep the boards clean.

Thanks

davcivic

Are you kidding me? Jacklj cannot voice his opinion...and why? Because he has a different one from two people who post allot...wow....

Mr Clutch......thats funny in itself.....he didnt even score until the 4th period.....thats clutch alright.....anyway.......freedom of speech.he didnt say anything but the truth about those two posters.....even if everyone disagrees......he has a right.just like Smack....i have read his negative comment about players like JJ and seen him attack posters....sort of like a double standard here....

I know you have a "Man Crush" on Bogans, but he is fitting in very well right now. The system and players he is on the floor with compliments his game. I still don't think he is a guy who could start for many teams in this league, but with the scorers we have in our starting five. A quality defender who can burn a defense that ignores him is what we need.

It is hard to argue with a 14-3 which our starters have been impressive in!

Bogans right now reminds me of Stevenson that played a starting SG for us one year. A very decent role player. I don't see him losing this starting job (unless he pulls a Stevenson on us) and I doubt Otis is looking in direction of getting a new SG.

The only minus right now is that he is not so aggressive with going to the basket, but he is noticeably improving.

I think he will be on our championship team.

Following the trade, I am very happy with our team right now. Bogans has played great ball and I like what I see from Evans and Dooling at SG off the bench.

thanks for the support. i have tried to restrain myself from making negative comments. i have just gotten tired of the contenious badgering from those two. no disrespect but is there a double standard here or are some off limits. best of luck to "all" magic players.jacklj

quote:
Originally posted by magic07:

Are you kidding me? Jacklj cannot voice his opinion...and why? Because he has a different one from two people who post allot...wow....

Mr Clutch......thats funny in itself.....he didnt even score until the 4th period.....thats clutch alright.....anyway.......freedom of speech.he didnt say anything but the truth about those two posters.....even if everyone disagrees......he has a right.just like Smack....i have read his negative comment about players like JJ and seen him attack posters....sort of like a double standard here....

Dude, I took out the personal insult part, directed to BJ...WE DON'T NEED THAT HERE...

His opinion about Smack or BJ or how he feels about them without insulting them personally is one thing, and that is why I didn't take out that part.

Like I said, we encourage opinions, but not insults

quote:
Originally posted by jack l j:

thanks for the support. i have tried to restrain myself from making negative comments. i have just gotten tired of the contenious badgering from those two. no disrespect but is there a double standard here or are some off limits. best of luck to "all" magic players.jacklj

absolutely not.....which is why I did not completely edit or delete your comment....But the part where you personally insult a member, we can't allow. We are working hard to make everyone, no matter how long you've been here, stop personal attacks.

that is all..thanks