Sign in to follow this  
ReeceGaines

Frustrated Redick asking to play in D-League - O-Sentinel

quote:
Originally posted by Skywise316:

*continues to sit and wonder when people are going to realize that Dooling needs to be traded instead of JJ*

If Evans works out for us. Both of them might be traded

quote:
Originally posted by ReeceGaines:

quote:
Originally posted by The Can Opener:

Wait, how do we desperately need him? If anything he should have been traded instead of Ariza. People need to take off the Homer shades and realize hes not that good yet.

All he can do is shoot, and he can't even create his own shot. We need defense, athleticism, and intensity.

All things Maurice Evans brings.

I agree, but why did Otis waste a lottery pick on him when everyone knew he couldn't defend in the NBA on draft night? Look at what Brewer is doing.

Now that didn't take long, lol. Much debate from my end around draft time evolved around my want for us to take Brewer. I wasn't alone, I think Junkie and a few others were on board with that direction. Easy to say now though, lol.

Regardless, I'm not gonna sit here and say anything bad about Redick cause I really don't have anything to say. The guy can play, at this level, who knows? We have barely seen this guy. To justify whether he can or can't lacks a little substance. On the latter I didn't think we'd still be wondering this far into the season.

I hated reading in the Sentinel the other day that JJ is frustrated and just wants playing time, who can blame him? After such a promising pre-season when it looked like SVG would have JJ possibly even a starter for us at the sg to go from this to only playing in garbage time in what 3 game's this year? Come on, why doesn't SVG give JJ a legit shot at some playing time for a few games, seriously.

Give him a shot, let all of us see if JJ is going to be the real deal or not. I don't think that giving JJ 20 min a game for a few games is going to ruin anything. This way all of us JJ supporters can see if he can be a valuable NBA guy or just another NCAA legend.

I'm also wondering if maybe something goes on in the locker room with JJ that we don't know about, how does it seem like this guy is in the doghouse with 2 different coaches in 2 seasons. I know JJ had a rep in college for being some what arrogant , you think maybe this has something to do with him not playing?

Also, how can you bench a guy who's jersey is worn by about 75% of the fans at the arena? This guy is a fan fav and he still get no pt, come on SVG your killing me, I went out and spent $80 on a JJ jersey over a Shard during the off season thinking that now he was going to actually play for us for many years to come. PLAY JJ COACH before we trade him for nothing like Ariza.

quote:
Originally posted by SauceMoney:

He was the 1 of the reasons why our bench was playing so good during preseason. He averaged about 15ppg during preseason and now SVG and Otis dont need him. Thats fukin crazy. I thought thats what they wanted, more shooters. Redick either should get at least 20mpg or trade him now for Hakim Warrick.

I think we could have gotten Hak for Ariza, but not JJ. Memphis has Miller, Navarro, TK.

Bargain shoppers, the blue light is on in Orlando! The JJ giveaway countdown is on...

quote:
Originally posted by clarkn1237:

I hated reading in the Sentinel the other day that JJ is frustrated and just wants playing time, who can blame him? After such a promising pre-season when it looked like SVG would have JJ possibly even a starter for us at the sg to go from this to only playing in garbage time in what 3 game's this year? Come on, why doesn't SVG give JJ a legit shot at some playing time for a few games, seriously.

Give him a shot, let all of us see if JJ is going to be the real deal or not. I don't think that giving JJ 20 min a game for a few games is going to ruin anything. This way all of us JJ supporters can see if he can be a valuable NBA guy or just another NCAA legend.

I'm also wondering if maybe something goes on in the locker room with JJ that we don't know about, how does it seem like this guy is in the doghouse with 2 different coaches in 2 seasons. I know JJ had a rep in college for being some what arrogant , you think maybe this has something to do with him not playing?

Also, how can you bench a guy who's jersey is worn by about 75% of the fans at the arena? This guy is a fan fav and he still get no pt, come on SVG your killing me, I went out and spent $80 on a JJ jersey over a Shard during the off season thinking that now he was going to actually play for us for many years to come. PLAY JJ COACH before we trade him for nothing like Ariza.

Good, honest post from a Redick fan. My response.

It's not that J.J. can't play. The problem is he has guys playing in front of him with more rounded games(better defensively) who can also shoot. As many others have already stated we really don't need his only skill(shooting) because our offense is looking good this year. We need good wing defenders and J.J. can't fill that role.

Take this for what it's worth. I've heard rumblings from some reliable sources, two of which are very frequent posters on this board and whom sit close to me at Magic home games that Redick's night life(drinking) is also causing him problems. We all know Otis likes high character guys. Not saying Redick is not a high character guy. But if the rumors are true(drinking caused his wrist injury and his back flare-up) I'm sure that wouldn't sit well with Stan or Otis.

One more thing, do you really think Stan cares about how many people are wearing Redick jerseys at the Amway Arena when he's looking down the bench to make substitutions?

All that aside:

J.J. Redick = Trajan Langdon

quote:
Originally posted by andie:

JJ is gone. And soon. Remember a certain PG of ours last season who talked to the press concerning his frustration due to the lack of playing time? He was benched for good and let go at the end of the season. Expect the same for JJ. But perhaps he is to the point where he no longer cares.

JJ talks to the press and suddenly gets 4+ minutes of playing time. In thos 4 minutes JJ got a shot off because he was actually passed the ball. He got a PF because he actually tried to stop a Spurs player from scoring. The PG who doesn't warrant getting his name mentioned, did not run any plays, hogged the ball, and totally ignored JJ when he was open. The offense was a total mess. As soon as JJ was out of the game, this PG started running plays. Same as last season. Sound fishy? I love JJ's heart, but he has a lot of trouble reading and getting around the screens on defense, but even Bogans has trouble on defense...lots of trouble when he loses his man. Four plus minutes doesn't prove anything.

JJ Spoke up about the playing time after the SA game not before it. He hasn't been getting time because he's been injured and because he's missing defensive assignments when he is out there. From what I've seen it's not his quickness or lack there of that is hurting him, he is not getting to where he is supposed to be on the floor on D.

The guy was drafted when Hill was here because we didn't have any shooters. Now we have a ton of shooters so it doesn't make sense to play him. Any playing time he gets now is going to be to show that he can move and the back, wrist, foot, are not an issue. I would be willing to bet his days are numbered.

I like JJ, but I'll admit that SVG might know a little more than I do. If JJ is not part of our team's future, it could be for a number of things. I just hope that Otis and SVG are on the same page and if and when JJ goes, it will be for a player that SVG can use.

Wow just not getting this. How come JJ was playing so well in preseason and was probably on the verge of winning the starting job? How can this team not need a shooter like JJ? Our offense doesn't require a shooter to create his own shot. It requires you to hit the open shot created by ball movement. I still think JJ is frustrated here and wants out. Who can blame him? I love SVG but I disagree with this. JJ can definitely help this team. Come on Stan give the kid an honest shot before we ship him out of here.

quote:
Originally posted by andie:

JJ is gone. And soon. Remember a certain PG of ours last season who talked to the press concerning his frustration due to the lack of playing time? He was benched for good and let go at the end of the season. Expect the same for JJ. But perhaps he is to the point where he no longer cares.

Well there is the fact that they both have/had a point, but I guess who has the most talent really doesn't matter.

Besides, I think that "certain PG" is doing just fine in Indiana these days.