Sign in to follow this  
ReeceGaines

Frustrated Redick asking to play in D-League - O-Sentinel

quote:
Magic SG J.J. Redick said he had been frustrated enough with his lack of playing time that he wondered if perhaps he should ask about playing with the Anaheim Arsenal of the NBA's Developmental League.

quote:
""They [coaches] have told me they haven't needed me," Redick said.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/basketball/magic/...ov22,0,6839023.story

quote:
Magic SG J.J. Redick said he had been frustrated enough with his lack of playing time that he wondered if perhaps he should ask about playing with the Anaheim Arsenal of the NBA's Developmental League.

quote:
""They [coaches] have told me they haven't needed me," Redick said.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/basketball/magic/...ov22,0,6839023.story

Wow, how can you tell the best shooter on the team that you don't need him? Our bench desperately needs him!

This leads me to believe that he's going to be traded. JJ is not the type of player that needs to play in the D-league. He's such a competitor that he's even asking to play in a league he knows he doesn't need.

I have no idea what the team is thinking right now.

Thanks for the update Reece but your thread title said he did ask. This article said he was fustrated and thought about asking. It didn't say he did. Somewhat misleading.

Back on subject:

J.J. Redick = Trajan Langdon

Remember last year when people thought Darko, Ariza, and Redick were all going to be young stars for us.

Now Darko and Ariza are gone for nothing, and Redick is about to be asigned to d-league or traded for scraps.

Meanwhile Fran is still in Europe. What a waste of drafting and young players.

Wait, how do we desperately need him? If anything he should have been traded instead of Ariza. People need to take off the Homer shades and realize hes not that good yet.

All he can do is shoot, and he can't even create his own shot. We need defense, athleticism, and intensity.

All things Maurice Evans brings.

quote:
Originally posted by The Can Opener:

Wait, how do we desperately need him? If anything he should have been traded instead of Ariza. People need to take off the Homer shades and realize hes not that good yet.

All he can do is shoot, and he can't even create his own shot. We need defense, athleticism, and intensity.

I agree, but why did Otis waste a lottery pick on him when everyone knew he couldn't defend in the NBA on draft night? Look at what Brewer is doing.

quote:
Originally posted by The Can Opener:

Our bench is among the lowest productive benches in the league. Last night we got outscored 51-11, and we've been outscored many times by other teams.

He has a very high basketball IQ, cannot be left open, makes well use of screens, and is an underrated defender. Would you rather see Keyon shooting or JJ? I don't know about you, but I almost always expect a miss when Keyon shoots a three.

Or we could continue producing minuscule numbers off the bench. It could go either way.

quote:
Originally posted by ReeceGaines:

Remember last year when people thought Darko, Ariza, and Redick were all going to be young stars for us.

Now Darko and Ariza are gone for nothing, and Redick is about to be asigned to d-league or traded for scraps.

Meanwhile Fran is still in Europe. What a waste of drafting and young players.

And all of the sudden we have no valuable young assets anymore, let's reserve our judgement for Otis, he's doing great!

Do we have any picks in '08?

while i think jj could be a great asset for our team, i don't think he was worth losing instead of ariza.

LA probably wouldn't have gone for the trade since they'd be trading shooters for a shooter. we already HAVE shooters (shard for 180mil, turk, bogans, sometimes meermeer if he's feeling up to it), so why do we need more?? we needed defense, not offense. it doesn't matter how many points you score if your opponent scores more.

ariza brought pure athleticism to the game and a natural instinct for the ball. jj is indeed a lights-out shooter, but he was pretty one-sided. then look at ariza. he could score, rebound, and play defense. sure he won't be coming off of screens and nailing 3s, but he can slash through 5 defenders and make his own shot, then force a bad shot on the other end, get the rebound; things which jj couldn't.

all in all, i don't think this was a good trade for us.....

He was the 1 of the reasons why our bench was playing so good during preseason. He averaged about 15ppg during preseason and now SVG and Otis dont need him. Thats fukin crazy. I thought thats what they wanted, more shooters. Redick either should get at least 20mpg or trade him now for Hakim Warrick.