~O~

Who's Next? (To Be Traded)

quote:
Originally posted by Adam_Magic:

quote:
Originally posted by OrlandoMagicFan:

I would say JJ to Phoenix for Barbosa.

Is that a joke?!

If Otis could pull that off, he would win GM of the year....in spite of all the bashing.

I think Otis is done for a while now. He needed a big who could shoot and paid a steep price for one.

As the trade deadline nears those expirings are going to increase in value to teams out of the playoff hunt.

quote:
Originally posted by bballbabe:

quote:

quote:

Is that a joke?!

If Otis could pull that off, he would win GM of the year....in spite of all the bashing.

If Otis can pull that off I will give him my first born child, plus a basket of OCTBs and everything I own....which is not much, but I am sure he will enjoy my stamps collection

I'm guessing Pat, Carlos, and JJ are the next ones. Evans back's up the 2/3 which puts Keyon backing up the 1/2. I really don't think they are going to let Keyon go because of his defense. The next move has got to be a bruiser. It has to be, no way around it.

I also think if anything else happens it is going to be right before the trade deadline. You can get away with a lack of rebounding and defense in the regular season but come playoff time those are going to be very important and Dwight cannot do it on his own obviously.

I agree with what most are saying here. Probably Redick, Arroyo and or Pat.

I wanted to add one more note since Otis is the one calling the shots.

Is there any doubt that Otis doesn't tell any body "JACK CRAP" about his business dealings?!

I mean, nobody knew anything about this trade! Not Denton, not Schmitz, not the ESPN Insiders, NOBODY!

There wasn't even any internet rumors about this.

We can speculate about who is next to be traded but I can gurantee you only Otis and Stan know what the real plan is.

Go Magic! Beat the Spurs!!!

Man........and every night I was looking toward Ariza slamming on a ***** and now look what happens. We were 7 and 0 when Ariza did that. At least his poster record was perfect.

But anyway, who do you want to stay?

People who think Jameer and Hedo should go are probably nut cases. Jameer and Hedo have both defense and offense, something "The Man" wants.

Keyon is improving on his offense making threes in some games here and there. He scored 15pts in the last game. Dooling has always had defense of course.

Foyle should be safe.....he has that offensive game that he's struggling with but his D is solid.

I really don't see Bogans going no where or losing his starting role which is something that he "EARNED". Bogans is struggling from the arc but who hasn't struggled from long range shooting? If it continues and Reggie Evans or Keyon Dooling just so happens to outshine Bogans, guess there may be a change in the lineup. If Bogans just so happen to lose his starting role, the Magic would have the same production out of him just like last year.

James Augustine is beginning to receive playing time from coach Van Gundy. Augustine must have done something to earn himself some playing time because you need both offense and defense under Van Gundy's system. Don't think Augie is a situational player....there might be that possibility because Van Gundy takes puts him in for Turkoglu.

Marcin Gortat?..........hmmmmm

Who goes next (if anyone) probably has more to do with the rotation from here on out than anything else. If Evans gets minutes at backup SG and Dooling slides to backup PG, Arroyo may go. Hopefully with Garrity tucked inside his jock. I don't see Otis giving up on Redick this early, so I doubt he goes anywhere.

no, JJ to Phoenix for Barbosa is a WTFORLY!

How about this instead...Arroyo and Garrity or Arroyo and JJ to Phoenix for Marcus Banks and a second rounder? The reason I think this trade will work is because as it is, Phoenix is about 5 mil over the salary cap, which puts them into the luxury tax no no area. I'm sure they don't want to be there long. If we can help them get a contract off of their bench, because all Marcus Banks does is marinate on their bench, they can get two expirings (if its garrity and arroyo) in exchange and have a chance to let them go in the offseason. This would bring them much closer to the salary cap if not put them under.

In exchange, we would get Banks who has the capability of being a good defensive PG who would match up well against the Chauncey's of the NBA, and he can score and pass as well.

Do you think this trade can work? If it could happen, I think our team would be pretty much set and we would have a very deep bench.

quote:

quote:

Is that a joke?!

It has to be. Its impossible for someone to be that stupid.