Sign in to follow this  
FENDI

Lewis to Orlando?

I'd love to see Blake here. He could battle Jameer for the starting job, but him off the bench with JJ would be a nice combo. As for a scorer, we could try and trade Hedo Arroyo and Franimal for Jason Richardson. He is a perfect SG for us. We could then start Hill at SF if he resigns, and let Ariza back him up one more year until he is ready to take over.

Here's a rotation:

Jameer/Blake/

J Rich/JJ/

Hill/Ariza/

Darko/FA signing

Dwight/Battie

I used to be all for J-Rich until his surgery and his awful play this year. He is still owed a lot of jack and I doubt we take that risk now.

Blake??? get the f out of dodge!

J-Rich? Don't think so.

Here's my idea for next year.

PG Nelson/Dooling

SG JJ/Hill

SF Lewis/Turk

PF Darko/Ariza

C D12/Batman

Everyone else is expendable.

Open for debate...

quote:
Originally posted by Peganite1:

We extended Ariza last summer for two more years after this one. Lewis is a consistent version of Hedo. Remember when Hedo scores 20 + we are almost unbeatable so I like Lewis in that role because he gets 20 every game. Then we could use Hedo and Carlos in a trade for a pg or another big man. Ariza could still play sg for us next to Lewis on top of that so it would be a good move.

I have seen mostly highlights, love his offense, the jury is out on "D", and can he coexist with our other raising stars??

Here is my problem with Lewis, he's 28 and here is the breakdown of games played for his career.

82, 78, 71, 77, 80, 71, 78, 48 to date this year.

For 02-01 one of the years he played 71 he missed time with a strained left shoulder and a sprained left ankle. I tried finding more info about the other years but as I remember it, it's usually been similar injuries (this year was more serious). It's not Grant Hill territory on missed games by any stretch but you don't get less injury prone as you get older, and to me he doesn't have a track record for fighting through injuries.

It's going to take a max deal to get this guy, do we want to commit that much to a guy that is injury prone? He is a fantastic scorer but I'm sick of injuries causing inconsistancy.

Well...Carter is 30 and his games per year are in line with Lewis. IMO I think Carter is/will be more injury prone than Lewis. And Lewis' last injury was a freak accident. Right now I'm leaning 60-40 in the direction of Lewis. I think it'll come down to who is cheaper...if we get either of them

Marc, I find it very hard to dissagree with you on this, and I think it goes back to that old snake bitten thing!!!! I am really not that thrilled about resigning GHill even at the minimum! Seven years of suffering, is Bibilcal in proportion.

I think we are locked into the VC mode because we know he wants to be here, we want him here, and we all want that ring!!!!

quote:
Originally posted by Marc Acres 3:16:

Here is my problem with Lewis, he's 28 and here is the breakdown of games played for his career.

82, 78, 71, 77, 80, 71, 78, 48 to date this year.

For 02-01 one of the years he played 71 he missed time with a strained left shoulder and a sprained left ankle. I tried finding more info about the other years but as I remember it, it's usually been similar injuries (this year was more serious). It's not Grant Hill territory on missed games by any stretch but you don't get less injury prone as you get older, and to me he doesn't have a track record for fighting through injuries.

It's going to take a max deal to get this guy, do we want to commit that much to a guy that is injury prone? He is a fantastic scorer but I'm sick of injuries causing inconsistancy.

I want Vince here more than anyone but here's me playing devil's advocate to your post.

Vince's games played yearly since the millennium:

00-01 75

01-02 60

02-03 43

03-04 73

04-05 77

05-06 79

06-07 70 to date

IMO, seems like he has gotten less injury prone as he got older. I didn't research why he missed those games so I have no opinion on if he's tougher or not. Just an FYI.

quote:
Originally posted by SmokeShow:

Well...Carter is 30 and his games per year are in line with Lewis. IMO I think Carter is/will be more injury prone than Lewis. And Lewis' last injury was a freak accident. Right now I'm leaning 60-40 in the direction of Lewis. I think it'll come down to who is cheaper...if we get either of them

I'm thinking kinda the same as you Smokeshow. I'm not 100% sold on Carter either but, he does have a few things going for him that Rashard doesn't in my opinion.

1.Carter is a better play maker

2.Carter IMO will have more riding on making this team better.

I'll explain my thinking on that last one, Carter would be coming home to play in front of friends and family EVERY NIGHT. I think that is a powerful motivator, I wouldn't want to embarass myself infront of my friends and family so I would play harder, work harder. Carter has also been given the label of slacker and lacking heart and maybe there is some truth to that. What better place to prove people wrong than 45 mins south of the place that has a statue of you sitting out front?

I think Carter is less of a gamble than Rashard is.

I think Vince has gotten smarter about protecting his body. The NY media loves to attack him for being soft, but throwing your body into people for 82 games will eventually get you hurt. Smarter veterans wait for the playoffs to give up the body, that is why they call playoff basketball.

The Knicks spent the whole game smothering the paint and left our shooters alone. We finally knocked down some outside shots to make them pay for once. I would love to see what Vince would do to that kind of defense here.