Sign in to follow this  
mongoose

You guys have got to be kidding me....

quote:

What is pathetic is thinking that everything is perfect when we haven't had a winning season since Clinton was president.

What is pathetic is you thinking Clinton was president in years 2000-2003.

I have to agree in part with Mongoose, he does have a point in that there is too much negativity with unsatisfied fans. If the team was losing then I could see where minutes could come into factor. What I see is that SVG prefers to have shooters on the floor along with D12. Even if that sacrifices Ariza for Garrity at times. To tell the truth, it's working. I really do see Ariza's minutes increasing as the season progresses and we play All Star SG and SF for his defense. He did put in Ariza in late for a minute or two and he did come up with a block. As for the other part, we could really use another big along D12 and Foyle. But so far so good. Peace Out

Mongoose, you have a very short memory.

Last year the Magic got off to a 14-5 start (someone correct me if that's not exactly right), so a good start is only that: a good start.

This isn't the NFL where if you start out 4-1, you'll probably make the playoffs.

A good start does not necessarily indicate that there should be no concerns.

Having said all that, this feels very different than last year's start.

Notice that I said it "feels" differently. I didn't say it "looks" differently. Why? Because of the Magical FSN House.

quote:
Originally posted by Mr Charisma:

Mongoose, you have a very short memory.

Last year the Magic got off to a 14-5 start (someone correct me if that's not exactly right), so a good start is only that: a good start.

This isn't the NFL where if you start out 4-1, you'll probably make the playoffs.

A good start does not necessarily indicate that there should be no concerns.

Having said all that, this feels very different than last year's start.

Ah, a timely and appropriate segue to my latest blog!

http://orlandomagiczone.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7211003982/m/7321024354

quote:

Notice that I said it "feels" differently. I didn't say it "looks" differently. Why? Because of the Magical FSN House.

I think you missed that point Mongoose, a lot of us are having a hard timed getting pumped up over this team when-

1- We have not been able to watch 4 out of the first 5 games due to the TV blackout.

2- We feel screwed over by Magic management who many of us helped fight to get their arena only to have them turn their back on us and leave us literaly in the dark.

Throw out that factor and even SVG has said we need another big and that our bench is struggling. If the goal is to win a championship as Otis says, then simply having a "winning season" is not good enough when our roster still has holes that need to be filled before we can take the next step.

quote:
Originally posted by mongoose:

quote:

What is pathetic is thinking that everything is perfect when we haven't had a winning season since Clinton was president.

What is pathetic is you thinking Clinton was president in years 2000-2003.

You are absolutely right.

I should have given credit for 2003 when we only lost 40 games and blew the first round in large part due to McGrady's boasting. Or maybe 2002 when we only lost 38 and we we got blasted in the first round by Charlotte, and 2001 when only lost 39 and got pasted by the Bucks in the first round.

If you think that having a 129 - 117 record over 3 years, and then getting beat in the first round every year was the type of record that you want, then I can understand why you are so excited about the team.

By the way, it was my understanding that Hillary was running the White House those last few years. So you can understand my confusion. I should have said "Bill" Clinton.

quote:

Last year the Magic got off to a 14-5 start (someone correct me if that's not exactly right)

well since you asked...

we opened up the season last year 13-4...and if i remember correctly, we led the East for a couple of weeks...maybe more!!

I prefer to enjoy the moment. 4-1 is a hell of a lot better than where I expected us to be at this point. I don't care if it's Bishop Moore H.S. on the road, a road win of any kind is crucial and it will add to the confidence of this team. Some of you expect us to go undefeated when we get our next loss you'll be screaming for a change. Stan is the man and will win with this team. Teams can't guard Shard, Turk, Bogans and all the outside shooting that we have. I remember when this team couldn't hit the broad side of a barn last year. Enjoy it fellas.

The more we win, the easier the schedule looks. But...you guys have to admit..the monotonous babbling and crying has to cease. We almost resemble the most ignorant board in the NBA, The Toronto Raptors board..who unbelievably don't like their team....at all...and yet waste their time posting in that forum=No Life (LOL).

Even after the Magic chats, we would win a blowout game and yet people complain. Come on guys, cheer the ***************** up. As much as Ariza and JJ isn't playing, I don't disagree with "The Man" at all. They need to improve and he's pressuring them to improve. Keyon and Arroyo are playing for a reason...because they are obviously better balanced then Ariza and Redick. I wish these two would team up and build their skills cause they are opposites.

quote:
Originally posted by chosen12:

quote:
Originally posted by Live or Die Magic:

quote:

You guys are pathetic.

This was my favorite part of the post.

My favorite part was.....The End!

Ha ha.... mine too!

GO MAGIC!!!!!!

quote:

Enjoy your team. Don't complain. Let's talk about the positives here, and occasionally bring up some trade talk. You ever hear people complaining about the Spurs or the Mavs' minute distribution? Don't think so. Yeah, you can be a fan, and be skeptical, but the Magic are playing great.

Here's a challenge for you, go to the Mavs & Spurs message boards before you talk. I will admit, I've never visited them, so I could look foolish, but I'm willing to bet I won't.

Of course, the Spurs do so many things right there's far less to criticize, but I'm willing to bet a lot of Spurs fans complained when they traded Louis Scola to Houston for a 2nd rounder. I'm willing to bet you'll find a thread or two complaining that they were going to cut Darius Washington instead of Jaque Vaughn. I'm willing to bet you'll find threads complaining that they traded Beno Udrih instead of cutting Jaque Vaughn. I'm willing to bet you find many complain that Duncan doesn't get enough shots, that Matt Bonner is playing ahead of their rookie PF from France, ect...

Dallas, I'm sure nobody ever second guesses the existance of Dampier around there...