Sign in to follow this  
Murphy13

NBA Power Rankings - Updated Weekly

quote:
Originally posted by The Ghost of John Gabriel:

I'm still not sold on Toronto, but you can't deny their play.

As long as the Magic keep beating the teams they are suppossed to, we'll be a good shape.

Beat Minny & Toronto will be a good measuring stick game.

Toronto has looked very good so far. The game is not a pushover win. Did we even beat them last year?

Last season we kept a regular update of Marc Stein's Power Rankings. I altered the title of this thread and will make it the "official" thread to update each week.

Also, I am moving it to the Around the NBA forum. Even though we are specifically interested in where the Magic rank, by moving it to the other forum, I can sticky it.

I will leave it here a bit longer before moving it, so people have time to get the message.

quote:
Originally posted by bhnole:

Considering how bad Miami and Washington have looked, we could be the favorites to win our Division and lock up being home for the first round.

What is surprising is how bad the Bulls have looked, Skiles must be ready to have a meltdown.

Don't be deceived. They always get off to a horrible start, but then pick it up momentarily.

I'm almost positive we'll get our division, especially if we have a +.500 record by January.

quote:
Originally posted by Skywise316:

Oh would of thunk that our biggest competition in the Southeast might be...

Atlanta!?

you are right Atlanta is playing lights out right now,they almost beat detroit yesterday it was very close.

the nba.com power ranks the Magic at #9, saying:

"Off: 111.1 (5), Def: 107.3 (22) -- The Magic are an impressive 4-0 on the road, but let's not get our hopes up too high yet."

http://www.nba.com/powerrankings/

and of course, the biggest Magic hater of all the power-rankers:

Marty Burns from si.com who ranks the Magic at #11, saying:

"So far Van Gundy couldn't have written a much better script for his first season. The Magic even won their first four on the road (at Washington, Minnesota, Toronto, New York). Last year they went 15-26 away from home. Meanwhile, division rivals Washington and Miami have been struggling big time."

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/writers/marty_bur...ower.rankings/1.html