Sign in to follow this  
Murphy13

NBA Power Rankings - Updated Weekly

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/powerranking?season=2008&week=1

8 (11) Magic 2-1 Anyone else get the feeling, watching Dwight Howard rumble for 16 points, 12 points and seven blocks in Orlando's opener, that KG might have some competition in East?s Best Big Man rankings?

i dont know if i necessarily agree with the top 16, but it is early.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/powerranking?season=2008&week=1

8 (11) Magic 2-1 Anyone else get the feeling, watching Dwight Howard rumble for 16 points, 12 points and seven blocks in Orlando's opener, that KG might have some competition in East?s Best Big Man rankings?

i dont know if i necessarily agree with the top 16, but it is early.

i havent seen the raptors play yet this year, but my gut tells me they will be about the same as last year. for some reason i dont see bosh taking another step forward this season. but still, that was a good toronto team last year, and bargniarni or however you spell his name is going to be a star one day. 4th in the east is obvious, considering that all we have to do is win the division...i imagine that chicago will step it up here soon. the east is certainly looking stronger, with the exception of the pistons, the better teams so far are ones that havent exactly been there at the end the past several years.

well, i think theres no way we're higher than 3rd...the fact that Boston is sick and that Detroit manhandles us everytime we play em make them the top 2 teams, IMO...but after that, i gotta go Bulls (despite being 0-3) and then our Magic...so i say 4th is reasonable...

but lets remember, this is POWER rankings...not rankings...

Power Rankings are fine, the Magic still need to prove themselves. The rankings mean absolutely nothing, sure its nice to see the magic up there but it doesn't help them win games. I don't care if we are last on that list as long as we are winning games.

I don't understand how some people get so caught up with the rankings and how low the magic are sometimes. The magic haven't proved anything, they still have 79 games to do that, and hopefully playoffs. Winning the East will mean much more than being 1st on that list, because we all know the magic are winning the east right?

WOOT WOOT

Considering how bad Miami and Washington have looked, we could be the favorites to win our Division and lock up being home for the first round.

What is surprising is how bad the Bulls have looked, Skiles must be ready to have a meltdown.

until i see orlando play toronto(wednesday night!)i will only concede detroit being a better team in the east so far. although i like what boston has done, i dont think they are there, yet.

ATL looked pretty dam sexy vs. the Pistons. Pistons coaches were praising the Hawks offensive rebounding ability. You know that will be our achiles-heal this season.